New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    larshell..thanks for the info..pero naimbistigahan ba kung saan nanggaling yung spark?...kulit e no..anyway..baka yung lola at yaya ng sindi ng lighter at nagyosi....hehehe..joke

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    AFAIK on EFI engines when you open the gas tank cap some pressure is released, thats reason enough to switch off the engine, I dont want something happening to my fuel pump or whatnot because I didnt turn off my engine. Most if not all car manuals indicate to turn off the engine while filling up. Safety First.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo, hustle talaga ang masunugan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Engine lang papatayin ko.

The cellphone law is pure BS.

I read somewhere na mas delikado pa nga na pag bumaba ka sa car while filling up dahil ang lakas ng static electricity nun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    in reality tes it is defenitely a hassle especially sa mga tamad parang ako hehe, sarap na sarp na ko sa lamig ng aircon tapos papatayin ko pa hehe. pero cyempre SAFETY FIRST! oo it is a hassle pero if it can save your life whats 10 mins. ya i know add those ten minuites in a year an minus it with your life thats already 5% of your life thats crap! whats 5% when you take half of what remains with your crappy life hehe.
    its true that even 20 mobilephones cannot make gasoline to blow up pero u cant tell rin diba, pero if you look at the chances of that happening your car blowing up bec of your phone thats like 1 in a trillion pero you'll still never know. kung ayaw mo patayin ung phone mo well bahala ka.
    basta TURN OFF YOUR ENGINE one spark the KABOOOM!!!!!!! do you want your whole family going in flames? there are also times when i dont turn off the engine, but its best that you do. nasa huli na ang pagsisisi.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Cell phones were known to explode in HK if the batteries were substandard.

Kaya go orig.

Sorry OT.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ever since I learned to drive, pinapatay ko agad ang makina pagdating sa gas station. Then buksan yung fuel lid tapos sabihin sa attendant kung anong fuel tsaka magkano. Hardly a hassle for me.

Cellphone, hindi ko pinapatay since I need the calculator function so I can immediately compute my previous mileage. But I make sure na wala akong incoming calls/messages before and during filling up.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    may nangyari na ba dito sa pinas na nagliyab gawa ng running engine while filling up and/or using a cell?..i didn't know that.

I don't believe celfones can cause fire or combustion...it's a misconception really.
    there has been no incident of a fire at a gasoline station started by a celfone. Its all because of a chain-email sent around years ago that started that misconception.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I dont know the exact time and date, there is one incedent happen in palawan.One family rented L300 van they make a stop at the gas station driver did not turnoff engine, Daddy went out to buy some snack together with mom, baby boy and 6yrs old girl left inside the van together wd lola and yaya.Sudenly daddy is shouting from the store, Apoy! Apoy! he saw fire coming under the van. buti nalang 2 sliding door ng L300 and the baby wd the yaya is at the 3rd row seat, sila ang huling nakalabas yaya suffer a 1st deegree burn. L300 van totally burned.
    and was this incident documented in some newspaper article or simply heard from someone else? And what was the cause of this fire?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    see pag pinatay mo yung cellphone mo at nagkasunog nga, paano ka tatawag ng bumbero? :hihihi:

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Mobile Phones and Gasoline Stations [MERGED]