New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Shell ganun... While ok lang sakin dahil inutusan lang naman sila, dapat mas flexible sila.

2 cases sakin eh, one time I was having a vacuum problem sa car ko, if I shut it down and restart within 5 mins or so... ayaw ako pagbigyan, fine sa kabila ako nagpakarga...

Second time naman naubusan ako ng diesel, dala ko 1 gallon jug ko sabi ko emergency lang naubusan ng gas, aba di padin ako binentahan ampuch....

hehe.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just want your opinion on this. When going to any gas station and the pump attendants(gasolineboy) ask you politely wd a smile to TURN OFF your ENGINE and CELLPHONE. What will you do?Will you turn off your engine wd your baby inside and your wife on hot summer time? Will you turn off your cellphone wd your boss on the line?What do you think guys? Safety first or Hustle?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i would turn both off. tutal, it's only gonna be a short wait when filling up, even with the added time kapag credit card ang gamit mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sure I would turn it off.

Napaka arte naman ng baby and wife ko pag ganun - pede naman buksan ang windows muna besides hindi naman sila naka bilad sa araw when loading the tank plus madali lang naman magpafull-tank (at most 5 mins - unless 200 galloner ang gas tank mo).

Sa phone naman, technically everyone shouldn't be using the phone while driving di ba? Besides, I'd be more than happy to tell my boss to wait and I'll call him back kasi nag-papagas pa ako.

Hindi ko na siguro pag-iisipan ang sagot kung SAFETY FIRST kesa HUSTLE ..... I would rather chose safety rather than me and my family die first (say explosion kaya ng gas station dahil sa hindi pag sunod sa simpleng alituntunin)???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi na nila kelangan sabihan ako na patayin ung makina, pag may lumapit sa akin at nagtanong kung ano ikakarga pinapatay ko na kagad ung makina.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    turn off but it has been proven in a Mythbusters episode that cellphones dont cause any risk at gas stations.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boss, on the phone when i'm with my wife and kids? i'd tell the boss to shut up and to tell me what his problem is later when i get back to work (and under salary!) he should know better than to call me when i'm off duty. siya ang hassle, not the gas attendant who is only doing his job, and saving you from getting fried!

and yes, there is an mmda ordinance that disallows the use of cell phones when filling up and while driving. meron din yata quezon city local law that penalises the same with a fine and prison term. sa metro manila 2 kotse na yata nasunog when someone used a cell phone while filling up.

as for keeping the engine running during filling up, most gas stations do not implement this strictly. after all, you do not push the car out of the station after filling up naman di ba. the danger kasi is there could be an explosion if gasoline vapor that is expelled from the gas tank during filling up gets to the contact points of the distributor. luma na yung basis of this safety precaution, most cars have sealed distributors and some cars even have distributor-less ignition systems.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i saw that episode too, i think mythbusters was just lucky. it does not happen all the time, maybe 1 in 10million, very very low risk. there has to be certain conditions that have to be met, they did not meet those conditions me thinks. but hey, paano kung ikaw yun, with the right conditions? may nangyari na nga sa pinas di ba, so would you put your trust on mythbusters? one test by 2 crazy guys does not prove/disprove anything. if they did it 1 million times ok, pero a few times, not really. and remember the test they did was they had the celphone right beside the gas fill hole, too rich vapor/air mixture, won't go boom. you can even put a lit cigarete there, no effect either.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    turn off but it has been proven in a Mythbusters episode that cellphones dont cause any risk at gas stations.
    myth? the people in oil refinery plants (and gas stations) should know better than anyone else. gasoline evaporates at normal temperature (28 degress celcius) when exposed to air. that's the very reason why most 'tankers' deliver their loads of fuel to the gas station during the night time (aside from truck bans) is to avoid loses due to high evaporation by gasoline during day time. have you heard of exploding cellphones due to fake batteries?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    actually, i'll comply. even if my wife and kids are inside. ok lang yun. for safety reasons. besides, one time, my diesel pick-up was accidentally filled-up with gasoline! imagine what a hustle it would brought me if the gasoline contaminated my engine? from thereon, i make it a point to turn off my engine when filling up. as for the mobile phone, the call could wait... whoever the caller maybe...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Mobile Phones and Gasoline Stations [MERGED]