New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    when i said incompetent people to manage, i meant INCOMPETENT PEOPLE TO MANAGE. I DID NOT MEAN DRIVERS, I MEANT THE PEOPLE MANAGING NG SYSTEM OF TUNNELS. malinaw naman ang post ko e, pakibasa ulit please.

For the elevated hiway system, yes congested when the construction is ongoing. Pero after hindi na. Think skyway.

As for your tunnels, if purely for use as drainage ok yan. Imagine the whole of espana blvd with a giant drainage tunnel below it. A super estero where squaters will not be able to build houses on! Pero as a part-time road network, it will be a disaster waiting to happen. Flash floods do happen, and it takes many minutes to vacate a tunnel of cars. Sa malaysia ok yun, they have competent weather prediction and competent traffic managers.

They should live where they work or work where they live does not apply to people with cars only. It should be everyone, including the jeepney and bus riders. If there are no people needing to ride the jeepney or bus then those jeepneys and buses will die a natural death.

Opinions lang naman ito. Pasensya na kung salungat sa opinions mo.

Although I agree with you on the tunnels bit, specially in Manila where tunnel boring machines i doubt would work given that Manila was bombed well back to the dark ages during World War II, there would be plenty of unexploded ordnance underground that poses potential hazards when drilling.

What I don't agree, at least anymore, that we dismiss the Filipinos as being an incompetent bunch. If everybody had the same way of thinking, we will never progress ever. If you think that is the current reality, then fine. But to think in the future, we are still an incompetent bunch, we won't have faith in ourselves to grow.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Although I agree with you on the tunnels bit, specially in Manila where tunnel boring machines i doubt would work given that Manila was bombed well back to the dark ages during World War II, there would be plenty of unexploded ordnance underground that poses potential hazards when drilling.

What I don't agree, at least anymore, that we dismiss the Filipinos as being an incompetent bunch. If everybody had the same way of thinking, we will never progress ever. If you think that is the current reality, then fine. But to think in the future, we are still an incompetent bunch, we won't have faith in ourselves to grow.
    Di ko naman sinabi incompetent ang pilipino. Sinabi ko lang na incompetent yung nasa gobyerno. The majority of them anyway.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ko naman sinabi incompetent ang pilipino. Sinabi ko lang na incompetent yung nasa gobyerno. The majority of them anyway.
    I get you, pero mga pinoy rin mga yun. You just got to have faith in them that they will get better, be it wherever they are assigned, private or government.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    I get you, pero mga pinoy rin mga yun. You just got to have faith in them that they will get better, be it wherever they are assigned, private or government.
    Kapit kamay at magsama sa bagong pagasa:freedom::cheers:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana nga. Kaso alam naman natin why most of them are in government, and that's because they will never make it in the private sector. Sa government they just need to pass the civil service exam and they are set for life. Sa private they need to prove themselves every single day or lose their jobs.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Sana nga. Kaso alam naman natin why most of them are in government, and that's because they will never make it in the private sector. Sa government they just need to pass the civil service exam and they are set for life. Sa private they need to prove themselves every single day or lose their jobs.
    And may I add,basta malakas ka sa higher ups,your in in government services even lacking in qualification,while sa private sector you have to prove your worth,but never the less,have faith,sabi nga ni FVR,yes the filipino can:2thumbsup:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sorry bro but unless the common filipino people do something about it i have no hope for our government to change or improve. our government is so corrupt that no matter how good and clean the next president is, he won't be able to change it. kelangan natin back to 0 muna, remove every single government employee and put a new one that hasn't experience corruption yet. yes i said it, every single one of them. and for that to happen kelangan ng mga kababayan natin magka isa. until then nothing will change, the illegal practices that our government is doing will go on for decades even milleniums if filipinos don't do anything about it.

ika nga "People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people." in our country it's the other way around.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    sorry bro but unless the common filipino people do something about it i have no hope for our government to change or improve. our government is so corrupt that no matter how good and clean the next president is, he won't be able to change it. kelangan natin back to 0 muna, remove every single government employee and put a new one that hasn't experience corruption yet. yes i said it, every single one of them. and for that to happen kelangan ng mga kababayan natin magka isa. until then nothing will change, the illegal practices that our government is doing will go on for decades even milleniums if filipinos don't do anything about it.

ika nga "People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people." in our country it's the other way around.
    Changes has been ongoing in the government, albeit some bad and some good. Remember the days when you renew your license and have to get it after 90 days? Now you wait for mere minutes. Even NBI clearances, it got better as well as the passport. Things are indeed improving but in a slow pace.

I just hope everybody ride on the wind of change that is happening in the Philippines. I would think that the reason we are slow in progressing is that there is indeed corruption in certain places, and if there is none, we still doubt those people that are in the position. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Everybody must think whatever they say or whatever they do, they should think about moving forward and not staying put nor moving backwards.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post

So should we go egypt's way? Just asking

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Changes has been ongoing in the government, albeit some bad and some good. Remember the days when you renew your license and have to get it after 90 days? Now you wait for mere minutes. Even NBI clearances, it got better as well as the passport. Things are indeed improving but in a slow pace.

I just hope everybody ride on the wind of change that is happening in the Philippines. I would think that the reason we are slow in progressing is that there is indeed corruption in certain places, and if there is none, we still doubt those people that are in the position. Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Everybody must think whatever they say or whatever they do, they should think about moving forward and not staying put nor moving backwards.
    yeah but most of those changes is because of technology, but look at the way they plan, their practices and the way they do things. yes it changed but very minimal to the point that it is unacceptable. the government still prioritize what will benefit them the most, that's what i'm saying that nothing has changed.

instead of a country that should be rising, our country is slowly being left behind by others. a country that has people as smart as us shouldn't be in this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    So should we go egypt's way? Just asking
    if that's the only way our people could think off then there is no hope.:bwahaha: we should learn from our mistakes, accept it, learn from it and then improve ourselves. we need to reconstruct our government, yes it will take years to be fixed properly and lots of sacrifices and probably a little help from foreign countries. in return a great country, one we could truly be proud off and our children and the generations to pass after them deserves. truly i don't know how we will do that but i'm sure kung magkaka isa mga pinoy they will figure out a way.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast