New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a vain hope. Look at how many multi-millionaire legislators and department heads we have in government. Now that they're rich, you expect them to stop stealing?

Higher salaries will make it easier to attract competent professionals from private industry to work for the government... but they will not stop thieves from being thieves.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Kaya naman natin itaas ang salary ng mga gov employees, para hindi na sila ma temp magnakaw.

kung tutuusin mas makakatipid pa nga tayo, kasi they will work more efficient kung manghihinayang sila na matangal sa pwesto.

currently sa sistema ng gov natin ung mga magnanakaw sinasagad sagad ung pagnanakaw para kahit matangal sa pwesto madami ng naipon.
    Kaso hindi sila takot matangal sa pwesto kasi may civil service law. I-repeal muna yang civil service law na yan para mawalan sila ng security of tenure in government. At dapat indefinite suspension without pay pag may kaso ng graft. And no back pay either!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i doubt it, kahit gawin mo 100k each a month sahod nung mga hinayupak na yan mag bubulsa pa din mga yan. eh yung milyon milyon na binubulsa nila kada taon di nila makukuha sa 100k a month. yung mga lower government positions pwede pa pero yung mga officials malabo na yan mag bago.
    Agree.

P100K a month na suweldo?

Barya lang iyan sa mga buwaya ....

20.2K:flush:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree.

Yun boss ko nasa 120k siya a month net salary

wala pa allowance and other compensation.

hindi siya kurakot hehe

i can't think of any means kung gustuhin man niya.

sa ibang department possible pero sa department / unit namin i highly doubt it

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree.

Barya lang ang 100K a month. My cousin encountered a politico kid when she was studying abroad. The kid spent an equivalent of Php 130,000 in one gimmik... and yes from what i know that kid is being groomed to join the "family business". The bigger tragedy of it all according to my cousin was that when people asked what his family was into, the kid would nonchalantly say "politics". Talk about values that have been distorted as they grew up that way.

Kahit sa mga legit ang trabaho tulad ni CVT, barya lang din ang 100K per month... sa laki ba naman ng gastusin ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Kuala lumpur is above sea level, manila on the other hand is below sea level. That is why there are flood control gates and pumping stations. So you will bore a tunnel under a road that is already below sea level? And incompetent people to manage those tunnels? I see thousands of dead people drowned in their cars the first time it rains.

The better solution is elevated highways. 2, 3 and even 4 level highways. Kalaban lang dyan yung mga residents ng exclusive subdivisions on both sides of edsa and C5.

Is-isa na sinusunog mga squater colonies. Sana naman pag nasunog na e huwag na hayaan makabalik.

Speaking of martial law, let's make it illegal for people living in the north of MM to work in the south, illegal for people who live in the south to work in the north, and illegal for people who live in the east to work in the west. They should live where they work or work where they live!

And incompetent people to manage those tunnels? - incompetent from your point of view, but remember if the car driver beside you is incompetent, you should pray and give thanks to God that you have arrived to your destination without an accident.

I see thousands of dead people drowned in their cars the first time it rains - me kasabihan nga tayo, meron tulo ang bubong pag umuulan lang, para wag ka malunod pag meron ng tubig ang tunnel wag ka na papasok.

The better solution is elevated highways. 2, 3 and even 4 level highways -construction of a elevated highway will add congestion on the road it will put upon. kung ung maliit natin kalsada ay puno na nga ng mga vehicles kaya matraffic, just imagine dagdagan mo pa ng construction crew. Saka ang elevated highway will not help divert the floodwaters, it just keep your car dry while the people/houses/vehicles below are soaked in floodwater.

They should live where they work or work where they live - people who travel with their vehicles to work uses the road for 2-3 hours only, most of the time their vehicles are parked.

Most of our traffic problem is caused by public transport not managed properly, imagine a PUV travelling at 10kph and blocks the vehicle behind him to ensure no other PUV will collect the potential passengers.

1. Solution is to discipline the PUV drivers.
    2. Divert the traffic without adding loads on existing road network.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

hindi siya kurakot hehe

It's a matter of values after a certain point. Maybe for guys extorting (i.e. you typical kotong cop or salaried government employee) then yes it's also because they cannot make ends meet with what they earn. However, when you talk of the real-deal corruption that really eats into our society and our country (i.e. 10B pork barrel scams, ZTE, Fertilizer, Westinghouse-BNPP, Expo Filipino, etc...), it's already a matter of one's personal well-being; the guys involved are raking in the PPP/$$$ and they still desire more.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It's a matter of values after a certain point. Maybe for guys extorting (i.e. you typical kotong cop or salaried government employee) then yes it's also because they cannot make ends meet with what they earn. However, when you talk of the real-deal corruption that really eats into our society and our country (i.e. 10B pork barrel scams, ZTE, Fertilizer, Westinghouse-BNPP, Expo Filipino, etc...), it's already a matter of one's personal well-being; the guys involved are raking in the PPP/$$$ and they still desire more.
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

hindi siya kurakot hehe

So gross niya, P180K a month,- basic salary.

Pero bro.,- come to think of it,- iyong mga empleyado na sobrang laking allowance and other benefits ng mga nagta-trabaho sa gobyerno at iba pang ahensiya nito,- plus iyong sobrang daming buwan na bonus,- KURAKOT PA RIN ANG MGA IYAN,- kahit na sabihin pa nilang legal na benefits nila...

Dahil ang mga gumawa niyan,- sobrang buwaya para sa kanilang pansariling kapakanan....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    And incompetent people to manage those tunnels? - incompetent from your point of view, but remember if the car driver beside you is incompetent, you should pray and give thanks to God that you have arrived to your destination without an accident.

I see thousands of dead people drowned in their cars the first time it rains - me kasabihan nga tayo, meron tulo ang bubong pag umuulan lang, para wag ka malunod pag meron ng tubig ang tunnel wag ka na papasok.

The better solution is elevated highways. 2, 3 and even 4 level highways -construction of a elevated highway will add congestion on the road it will put upon. kung ung maliit natin kalsada ay puno na nga ng mga vehicles kaya matraffic, just imagine dagdagan mo pa ng construction crew. Saka ang elevated highway will not help divert the floodwaters, it just keep your car dry while the people/houses/vehicles below are soaked in floodwater.

They should live where they work or work where they live - people who travel with their vehicles to work uses the road for 2-3 hours only, most of the time their vehicles are parked.

Most of our traffic problem is caused by public transport not managed properly, imagine a PUV travelling at 10kph and blocks the vehicle behind him to ensure no other PUV will collect the potential passengers.

1. Solution is to discipline the PUV drivers.
    2. Divert the traffic without adding loads on existing road network.
    when i said incompetent people to manage, i meant INCOMPETENT PEOPLE TO MANAGE. I DID NOT MEAN DRIVERS, I MEANT THE PEOPLE MANAGING NG SYSTEM OF TUNNELS. malinaw naman ang post ko e, pakibasa ulit please.

For the elevated hiway system, yes congested when the construction is ongoing. Pero after hindi na. Think skyway.

As for your tunnels, if purely for use as drainage ok yan. Imagine the whole of espana blvd with a giant drainage tunnel below it. A super estero where squaters will not be able to build houses on! Pero as a part-time road network, it will be a disaster waiting to happen. Flash floods do happen, and it takes many minutes to vacate a tunnel of cars. Sa malaysia ok yun, they have competent weather prediction and competent traffic managers.

They should live where they work or work where they live does not apply to people with cars only. It should be everyone, including the jeepney and bus riders. If there are no people needing to ride the jeepney or bus then those jeepneys and buses will die a natural death.

Opinions lang naman ito. Pasensya na kung salungat sa opinions mo.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Liwanagin ko lang ang previous post ko,- as employees our salaries, allowances, benefits, bonuses et al are NOT ENTITLEMENTS.

They are PAYMENTS for the services we provide and goods we produce.

Now, if one or more of these compensations is/are way way higher than the industry bellweather for a similar type of goods and services (whether private or public company/industry) you do, then either you are lucky for being in that company which provides well for its employees, or you are in a shady company.

Being in a government company or agency with that type of compensation complicates things, especially if the people do not get proper services or goods that they deserve... So there goes....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast