New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    With regards to buses, we need to replace all those buses with this kind.

Attachment 18974

They carry more passengers and speeds up entry and exit with those wide doors. Plus its eco-friendly.
    They can also bring back the double decker bus. Imagine the effect by using it.
    -Save Gas
    -Environment
    -Traffic/Space

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Imagine a double decker bus being driven by those maniac Nova bus drivers, weaving in and out along EDSA traffic. Horrifying!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    ganun din yan... mga double decker bus their travel time would take longer... at syempre mag pupuno yan mga yan... then it would take longer time to load and unload passengers...

kung nakaharang din sila sa kalsada or sa flow ng traffic... WA EFFECT YAN...

MAIN CAUSE OF TRAFFIC... 1. Late enforcement of traffic rules and regulation... it should start at wee hours in the morning or before traffic starts to build up... mga tanghali na kasi kung idestino SA PWESTO... usually past 6am na...

2. corrupt traffic enforcers--- because of lagay, they tolerate illegal terminals along the roads, vendors, loading and unloading on the middle of the streets and yung iba kotong lang ang iniintindi...

3. VEHICLES that is blocking or slowing down the flow of traffic... especially PUV...

4. IMPOTENT TRAFFIC LIGHTS-------- walang silbi....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    T
    If you ask me, let's start strictly implementing existing traffic laws and regulating public utility vehicles and punish violators summarily a'la Singapore. I bet you'd make more of a difference than wishing and hoping for a draconian solution that may never see the light of day.
    Aside from that, as drivers we should do our best to abide by the laws, and give way to our fellow motorists.

I can cite several areas in my morning drive where driver discipline can ease up the traffic flow.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Double Decker Bus ++ Terminals. Dapat point to point and loading and unloading areas. Specific ang route every bus. Dun naman sa mga malalapit lang ang pupuntahan, they have the option to ride a jeep/fx/taxi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although I like double decker buses as it gives the city character, the most feasible ones would be this:

Then bus stops are located 1km apart from Monumento to Mall of Asia. The bus must stop only at the bus stops. Each bus stop can accommodate two buses. It will utilize the right most lane and there should be no cars or cars parked on that lane. Bus intervals should be around 30 seconds to 1 minute.

And most importantly, drivers are on a fixed monthly salary.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Although I like double decker buses as it gives the city character, the most feasible ones would be this:

Then bus stops are located 1km apart from Monumento to Mall of Asia. The bus must stop only at the bus stops. Each bus stop can accommodate two buses. It will utilize the right most lane and there should be no cars or cars parked on that lane. Bus intervals should be around 30 seconds to 1 minute.

And most importantly, drivers are on a fixed monthly salary.
    in a perfect world

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re. double decker buses. I think they will not clear some of our ill-planned road structures.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    in a perfect world
    Let's make it!! Honestly, it looks doable diba?
    Last edited by Mguy; July 24th, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like the concept of having a network of tunnels, not just for vehicles or mass transport, but for pedestrians.

I think some people will be all to willing to walk as long as it's not under the blazing sun or under monsoon rains. It's a wonder how a small city like Hong Kong can put up their MTR underground and have people walk to and from their destinations if there are several exits under one station.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast