New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Hello forum members! I hope you can help me here.

My youngest son encouraged me to install PayMaya. Later, I was obligated to use their "upgraded account" so that I can use all full features. I needed to submit an ID and take pictures, including a video where you look left and right then nod twice.

I got a virtual card and used it for Lazada. It is very convenient as I don't have to look for my physical card to copy the CVV. Yes, those 3 numbers that I always forget.
    [emoji3]

For those who are using GCash, what's the difference? I don't want to install it unless I will be "forced" by circumstances. I hope you can share your experience, which is more convenient for you.

Another question, a question from a man living in a cave, how do you pay your credit card in BPI? I find it so frustrating to use the BPI mobile application. When I click, "Pay Full Amount",

I will be redirected to this page:

It's so disappointing that the full amount is not copied, although I clicked "Pay Full Amount". Isn't it that it should be an automatic input? Now, I have to go back and copy the numbers! Then, there's the "select biller" tab. I know this is easy, and it should be easy but I can't figure it out.

I'm ashamed to admit, but I called BPI thrice because first, I forgot my username and twice because I couldn't reset my password. Of course, twice I have forgotten my password!

I couldn't reach their customer service representative and so I'm asking here. All I got was a busy tone.

And speaking of which, anyone here have decided to close their account? Or credit card is the best way to make purchases? My problem with credit card is, I always forget about it. I don't know, I just prefer to pay in cash. It's hassle free in a sense that once I pay, it's already paid. With a credit card, I have to pay "twice". I pay for items through credit card, then pay again for the credit card.

Another inquiry is about ShopBack. Anyone here who have used this? This time, I got it from my eldest son. He said I should use it before I make any purchases on Lazada to get discount. Were you able to get the accumulated discounts?

And with ShopBack, I get the advertisement for the ING Bank. I'm a bit tempted to try it because of the promo of 1000 cashback. Anyone here who have that? Please share your experience.

One last question, and I hope this is the last, which one do you find more convenient, Shopee or Lazada? It may be in terms of returning an item, contacting the seller, etc.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    gcash is a globe product

paymaya is a smart product.

their connection to BDO(my experience) hasn't been so good. but others have reported otherwise. ymmv

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

My youngest son encouraged me to install PayMaya. Later, I was obligated to use their "upgraded account" so that I can use all full features. I needed to submit an ID and take pictures, including a video where you look left and right then nod twice.

I got a virtual card and used it for Lazada. It is very convenient as I don't have to look for my physical card to copy the CVV. Yes, those 3 numbers that I always forget.
    [emoji3]

For those who are using GCash, what's the difference? I don't want to install it unless I will be "forced" by circumstances. I hope you can share your experience, which is more convenient for you.

Another question, a question from a man living in a cave, how do you pay your credit card in BPI? I find it so frustrating to use the BPI mobile application. When I click, "Pay Full Amount",

It's so disappointing that the full amount is not copied, although I clicked "Pay Full Amount". Isn't it that it should be an automatic input? Now, I have to go back and copy the numbers! Then, there's the "select biller" tab. I know this is easy, and it should be easy but I can't figure it out.

I'm ashamed to admit, but I called BPI thrice because first, I forgot my username and twice because I couldn't reset my password. Of course, twice I have forgotten my password!

I couldn't reach their customer service representative and so I'm asking here. All I got was a busy tone.

And speaking of which, anyone here have decided to close their account? Or credit card is the best way to make purchases? My problem with credit card is, I always forget about it. I don't know, I just prefer to pay in cash. It's hassle free in a sense that once I pay, it's already paid. With a credit card, I have to pay "twice". I pay for items through credit card, then pay again for the credit card.

Another inquiry is about ShopBack. Anyone here who have used this? This time, I got it from my eldest son. He said I should use it before I make any purchases on Lazada to get discount. Were you able to get the accumulated discounts?

And with ShopBack, I get the advertisement for the ING Bank. I'm a bit tempted to try it because of the promo of 1000 cashback. Anyone here who have that? Please share your experience.

One last question, and I hope this is the last, which one do you find more convenient, Shopee or Lazada? It may be in terms of returning an item, contacting the seller, etc.

Kailangan nyo muna sir i-enroll yung BPI credit card sa BPI online account para naka auto fill up na yung "biller tab" once na babayaran nyo yung CC. Wala naman ako naging issue sa pagbabayad ng CC ko using BPI app.

Eto sir yung tutorial video.

YouTube

HTH!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2018

[emoji3]

Paymaya is the replacement for smart money. Pwede na ngayon mag register to paymaya and GCash even from any mobile network.

I used GCash recently since the 100K limit was reached by the seller I use the send to bank feature. Very convenient di na ko pupunta sa banko, i send it to BPI but there’s a lot of available banks.

Pwede po gumamit ng fingerprint scan for bpi app. I always pay my cc using the app. Just call the hotline and have your account ready for verification, as usual may questions why do you want to cut the cc.

One seller told us that shopee deliver faster, not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by akosijhay View Post
    Kailangan nyo muna sir i-enroll yung BPI credit card sa BPI online account para naka auto fill up na yung "biller tab" once na babayaran nyo yung CC. Wala naman ako naging issue sa pagbabayad ng CC ko using BPI app.

Eto sir yung tutorial video.

YouTube

HTH!

A big help! Why I didn't look for a video tutorial? I was switching back and forth with the web version and mobile app, and it so happened that whenever I try "Other Services", I am using the mobile app, and there's no option to enroll any biller.

There might have been a glitch, the amount is now copied automatically. If only I could pay with the UCPB app, I wouldn't bother with BPI.

And speaking of glitch, my credit card is not being displayed right after paying for it.
    [emoji3]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    A big help! Why I didn't look for a video tutorial? I was switching back and forth with the web version and mobile app, and it so happened that whenever I try "Other Services", I am using the mobile app, and there's no option to enroll any biller.

There might have been a glitch, the amount is now copied automatically. If only I could pay with the UCPB app, I wouldn't bother with BPI.

And speaking of glitch, my credit card is not being displayed right after paying for it.
    [emoji3]
    If you want to enroll a biller, you should use the web version and not the mobile version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    gcash is a globe product

paymaya is a smart product.

their connection to BDO(my experience) hasn't been so good. but others have reported otherwise. ymmv

I asked my son and he confirmed, SmartMoney previously for PayMaya and GCash is globe.

I don't know the advantages between the two. I only heard about GCash because of Transportify through our neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentt View Post
    Paymaya is the replacement for smart money. Pwede na ngayon mag register to paymaya and GCash even from any mobile network.

I used GCash recently since the 100K limit was reached by the seller I use the send to bank feature. Very convenient di na ko pupunta sa banko, i send it to BPI but there’s a lot of available banks.

Pwede po gumamit ng fingerprint scan for bpi app. I always pay my cc using the app. Just call the hotline and have your account ready for verification, as usual may questions why do you want to cut the cc.

One seller told us that shopee deliver faster, not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the feedback. I had the old BPI app for quite sometime and I wasn't using it. I recently updated and saw the fingerprint feature.

I was "declined" twice for closing the account. Last January, they offered to pay back the annual fee just so that I won't close my credit card. If they will offer a free annual fee, then I won't mind having a credit card. I used the convenience of a credit card abroad because some shops won't accept a debit card without the logo of Visa or MasterCard like this:

Since I no longer travel, I don't see any advantage of using it but you mentioned about "faster delivery" so I think that is a good thing to consider.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Is Gcash down? Di ako maka log in since 2 weeks back.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Is Gcash down? Di ako maka log in since 2 weeks back.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Working naman sir. I just used it yesterday to verify my account.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    GCash is up.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast