New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I know, it's a crazy idea. I don't have a wallet or rather, I was advised not to use one because of my back injury. I had a torn ligament several years ago and until now, I would feel the pain from time to time.

I have the tendency to forget things. My remedy is put all my ID in one place and that is, inside the car. If I were to use another car, I simply transfer everything. I don't have to worry about forgetting an important document or whatever. Another reason why I have a 21x16x12 in. plastic box inside the trunk. All my things that I usually need or might need are there.

Speaking of wallet, many times I've been embarrassed because I don't have money! Good thing my friends are always "willing" to pay for our food, including my wife.
    [emoji3]
    might i recommend the obvious?
    get yourself a small bag with a sling, and put your financial aids and other social interaction things inside. sling it around your shoulder or neck, whatever car you bring. and stuff some money into it, po.
    there's also the beltbag, but i think this is so... flowerpot (paso!). heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    might i recommend the obvious?
    get yourself a small bag with a sling, and put your financial aids and other social interaction things inside. sling it around your shoulder or neck, whatever car you bring. and stuff some money into it, po.
    there's also the beltbag, but i think this is so... flowerpot (paso!). heh heh.
    Unfortunately, I am not Captain Obvious.
    [emoji3]

I don't think I can go that route. I am not accustomed to have a bag. And if I'm bringing a bag, it is a large bag. Most probably, I might leave it anywhere. Then again, the sling will stick on my neck.

I'm now considering how will I look with that sling bag. Will I look older or younger?
    [emoji3]

My father has one, and I remember my younger son has one...

I better ask my wife!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    A prepaid card! This should eliminate my paranoia with online transactions with a credit card and debit card.
    yes, and i have it. i got this idea from shadow

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Two things I don't like about PayMaya:

1. They charge a hefty P30 convenience fee per transaction to cash-in
    2. You're only allowed to cash-in with fixed denominations

I only found out about it because I quite recently used it to pay off somebody else's SSS contribution (with the GCQ and all). I needed to pay P2,160. "Piece of cake!" I told myself. I already had P900 balance on PayMaya so I just needed an additional P1,260.... simple enough, right?

Oh boy...

The only available denominations are P500, P1,000, P2,500, P3,000.... etc.

So I either put in P2,500 and incur a P30 convenience fee (but end up leaving P1,240 balance which I can otherwise use elsewhere), or put in P1,000 + P500 and incur a P60 fee (two transactions). You get the gist?

On GCash, smaller transactions under P8,000 per month won't incur any convenience fees. Beyond the 8k, I believe it's 2%. More importantly for me, you can cash in any amount (subject to max limits imposed) down to the centavo. Need to pay for something worth P901.25, just cash in that exact amount.

I'll use GCash whenever I can and will only resort to using PayMaya if I'm left with no other choice.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Typical smart arrogance, you want internet, you have to buy our bundle with phone, while globe has internet only at a lower price with the phone option.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I know, it's a crazy idea. I don't have a wallet or rather, I was advised not to use one because of my back injury. I had a torn ligament several years ago and until now, I would feel the pain from time to time.

What you need is a minimalist, slim, front pocket wallet ... or a mini sling bag ... but try the slim front pocket wallet first ...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    A prepaid card! This should eliminate my paranoia with online transactions with a credit card and debit card.
    A prepaid card is similar to a debit card ... debit card is still more robust ...

Like I said Paymaya and the like are for people who cannot open bank accounts ... if you can, best route is a debit card on a separate savings account ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Are debit cards already accepted for online use? Last time I asked BDO and BPI, they said not yet.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Are debit cards already accepted for online use? Last time I asked BDO and BPI, they said not yet.
    Bpi pwede na. I-on mo lang sa app nila. But I wouldn't used debit card online. Kuha ka na lang prepaid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Kunsabagay, that's already a gateway to your savings account, unless it's another account to be funded only when needed.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast