New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Yung sa amin naman sir ang nangyari gumapang yung tubig tapos nag bubbles yung paint. Ilang beses ko na inaakyat yung bubong namin at nilagyan lahat ng sealant pero wa epek pa din. Hayz!

nakita mo na ba kung saan ang source ng leak?

dapat analyze mo kung bakit ung tubig ulan ay hindi tumutuloy papunta ng gutter, then apply your solution.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sir GH...

Do i need to pill off the paint where the moisture is? Before applying the sealer? Or i can just apply it directly on the area that has moisture in it?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Also...do i apply it when the walls are dry? Or can i apply it while the walls are wet?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Look for "Concrete Sealer".

Use it like paint but it's a clear liquid and also dries clear. It's function is to seal and block all the pores in concrete to prevent water getting through. Downside, if the wall develops a crack later, water will get through that particular crack.

Waterproof membrane is actually the better solution IF you can still access the entire area that needs to be waterproofed. But it also means an extensive amount of work needed to be done to restore and hide the membrane.

Oo nga sir GH, mahal din ung water proofing membrane. Cge, try ko ung concrete sealer.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    nakita mo na ba kung saan ang source ng leak?

dapat analyze mo kung bakit ung tubig ulan ay hindi tumutuloy papunta ng gutter, then apply your solution.
    Yun nga sir ang problem ko eh. Halos nalagyan ko na lahat ng sealant pero hindi ko pa din makita yung leak. Ang problema, 3rd floor bahay namin kaya mahirap akyatin during rainy days dahil pag nagkamali ako, wala talaga chance na mabuo ang mukha ko. Parang pinagpapawisan yung mga walls tapos pag naipon na, ayun, lobo ang paint.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Consider also the possibility of a leaking water or drain pipe within the wall.

The blueprint of your house would probably tell you if there are pipes in there along with their relative position.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Yun nga sir ang problem ko eh. Halos nalagyan ko na lahat ng sealant pero hindi ko pa din makita yung leak. Ang problema, 3rd floor bahay namin kaya mahirap akyatin during rainy days dahil pag nagkamali ako, wala talaga chance na mabuo ang mukha ko. Parang pinagpapawisan yung mga walls tapos pag naipon na, ayun, lobo ang paint.
    Like oj88 said, the water could be coming from leaking water pipes.

Does the wall leak only during rainy days or even on clear weather days?

It happened at my home when a plastic pipe started leaking and water started to seep out from the wall. After knocking down part of the concrete wall to access the leaking pipes, we found the pipes to have many pin-hole sized holes causing the water leak. Anyway, it was replaced and the wall restored.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Like oj88 said, the water could be coming from leaking water pipes.

Does the wall leak only during rainy days or even on clear weather days?

It happened at my home when a plastic pipe started leaking and water started to seep out from the wall. After knocking down part of the concrete wall to access the leaking pipes, we found the pipes to have many pin-hole sized holes causing the water leak. Anyway, it was replaced and the wall restored.
    The leak only appears during rainy days. Planning to visit the roof this weekend to check every inch para masigurado na wala na talaga magiging leak. Mag leak test na din ako using waterhose para makita kung saan nagmumula. Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Water has to be coming somewhere. Do the downspout drains run along the outside of the building or is integrated into the concrete walls or columns?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12