New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    I'm assuming na mas mahal yung mga sound-proof at diesel na generator, but can you give me an idea kung mga magkano kaya yun?

At saka yung "push button" starter sana at di yung "de baltak" (crank starting). Magkano kaya yung mga modelo na ganyan? Baka kasi pag nagtagal, baka maputol yung tali na pang-start.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    At saka yung "push button" starter sana at di yung "de baltak" (crank starting). Magkano kaya yung mga modelo na ganyan? Baka kasi pag nagtagal, baka maputol yung tali na pang-start.
    bro chua, meron akong nakita dito sa amin (La Union) kanina yung output capacity ay 5.5KVA/diesel = 42K & 38K lang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another question gaano kahaba pwede ko extend yun exhaust? kasi pag umuulan hinde ko malagay sa open space yun gen set namin so sa garage lang eh natatakot ako sa monoxide poisoning, so plan ko extend yun exhaust para pwede ko ilabas sa gate.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- I was at ACE Hardware last night and I found a genset that is similar to what I have. Brand is Promate and cost is about P20K. I remember that I bought our genset a decade ago at about the same price. Almost the same, layout and everything, except that this one has a couple of 220VAC outs and a 12VDC out. Fuel capacity is 4 gallons,- so about 15 liters.

another question gaano kahaba pwede ko extend yun exhaust? kasi pag umuulan hinde ko malagay sa open space yun gen set namin so sa garage lang eh natatakot ako sa monoxide poisoning, so plan ko extend yun exhaust para pwede ko ilabas sa gate.
    For as long as your garage has ventilation, meaning not an enclosed area, then there is no danger of CO poisoning....

Kapag push button, then there is a lead-acid battery that comes with the genset. Now, you have to regularly run it to charge the battery. Typically, diesel fed genset ito. But, I saw a diesel-fed genset (I think 7100VA), that has an option for cranking and push button start sa HandyMan, ATC.. If I remember correctly,- P50K ang cost.

10.4K:shazam:
    Last edited by CVT; July 20th, 2010 at 08:07 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- I was at ACE Hardware last night and I found a genset that is similar to what I have. Brand is Promate and cost is about P20K. I remember that I bought our genset a decade ago at about the same price. Almost the same, layout and everything, except that this one has a couple of 220VAC outs and a 12VDC out. Fuel capacity is 4 gallons,- so about 15 liters.

Nakikita ko nga yan sa Ace. Promate by Coleman. Ok ba yang brand na yan? Readily available ba ng parts nyan? I saw from one of the posts na pinaka-common daw ang Denyo and available daw lagi ang parts.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro,- its parts, to my untrained eyes, look the same as the parts of the genset which I own. And, ours is already over a decade-old... Noon, mas maraming brownouts pa sa area namin sa LPC,- like every Saturday from 10PM to 6AM for over half a year, if I remember correctly, due to the Zap-Alab Road widening, where they have to relocate the big electrical posts...

So far, walang breakdown...

Also, since it is rated at 3000VA, then running it at 220VAC out, means that its output current is about 13.6A, so I can just plug it in a regular outlet, while disengaging the main power breaker.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003

Kapag push button, then there is a lead-acid battery that comes with the genset. Now, you have to regularly run it to charge the battery. Typically, diesel fed genset ito. But, I saw a diesel-fed genset (I think 7100VA), that has an option for cranking and push button start sa HandyMan, ATC.. If I remember correctly,- P50K ang cost.

...or, you could just run it just before the storm hits. Usually naman tutok tayo sa balitang bagyo, so charge up/replace the battery in advance.

Anong type pala battery niya? Like the ones in emergency lights, or motorcycle battery na siya?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Bro,- its parts, to my untrained eyes, look the same as the parts of the genset which I own. And, ours is already over a decade-old... Noon, mas maraming brownouts pa sa area namin sa LPC,- like every Saturday from 10PM to 6AM for over half a year, if I remember correctly, due to the Zap-Alab Road widening, where they have to relocate the big electrical posts...

So far, walang breakdown...

Also, since it is rated at 3000VA, then running it at 220VAC out, means that its output current is about 13.6A, so I can just plug it in a regular outlet, while disengaging the main power breaker.

bro, wala ka pala MTS? old school ah, plug lang sa outlet.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    matagal na namin balak kumuha ng portable power generator since madalas ang brownout sa lugar namin at sa tingin ko naman ay sulit kung bibili kami.

yung mga coleman powermate costs around 20K, 1800W to 2500W. pero sabi ng bayaw ko, punta daw ako raon at meron daw dun mura na brand new na, silent type pa.

any advice??? tnx!!!
    marami ngang mga nagbebenta sa raon, pero be careful sa mapipili mo, kasi hindi maganda ang ang maipili mo.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    bro, wala ka pala MTS? old school ah, plug lang sa outlet.

I actually have a provision for it bro, with a separate main switch other than the main breaker in the power panel, but I am not using it because of the low power requirement. The model works for me....

Pag nag-upgrade ako, I will definitely use it...

Generator sets