New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 89 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    peeps, advisable bang bumili ng china brands? i hear merong classification pa daw yan -- class A,B and so on. heckuva lot cheaper, hence my caveat emptor alarm went up.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    saan ba mkakabili ng coleman powermate pwera sa ace hardware ...??

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    nag hahanap din ako ng portable generator,gamitin ko lang sa incubator ko at dalawang ilaw 100 watts.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    question:

say you have the ff appliaces/equipment:

- 1hp A/C
    - 1hp ref
    - 1hp water pump
    - assume 400 watts for the lights, fans, laptop

say 1hp is roughly 750watts, and generally the starting wattage of the said appliances are x3..so 2,250watts....granting that you start each appliance one at a time, can you make do with a 3Kva generator? How would you know that the appliance is finished with the "starting" phase?

btw, as a generator ages, would you expect the max. output to go down as well? gano kaya kabilis magdegrade?

tia

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    question:

say you have the ff appliaces/equipment:

- 1hp A/C
    - 1hp ref
    - 1hp water pump
    - assume 400 watts for the lights, fans, laptop

say 1hp is roughly 750watts, and generally the starting wattage of the said appliances are x3..so 2,250watts....granting that you start each appliance one at a time, can you make do with a 3Kva generator? How would you know that the appliance is finished with the "starting" phase?

btw, as a generator ages, would you expect the max. output to go down as well? gano kaya kabilis magdegrade?

tia
    alanganin ang 3KVA, go for 5 KVA. I really don't know since and ginagamit ko lang na malakas ang wattage eh fridge. then pag gagamit ako ng water pump to fill our over head tank eh, pinapatay ko muna yun switch ng MTS tapos directly i-plug ko yun water pump sa gen set para solo lang siya. then after mapuno na tank saka ko gamitin ulit for the house.

matagal magagamit ang gen set.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    We're selling three Wartsila units as a package with a combined output of about 6mw.

Suitable for powering a factory.

Package price is USD 700,000 for a quick sale.

Please pm for more info.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i just noticed that the rated continuous operating hours for a typical genset(under 10kva) is something like 6-10 hours lang; is this at full load?

And is there some brand/model that operates longer?

Me nagsabi sa akin na Firman and Kipor brands are China class A; OK ba? i've seen Kipor gensets being sold in the malls, but not that many.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost recon View Post
    hahaha. ok so the readers will know not by assumption, here's the computation.

since all of boybi's load are pure resistive, then boybi has an inductive load. and since most of it comprises motors then i will put a conservative number for power factor of 0.86

total connected loads is around 28000 watts.
    total power factor 0.86

therefore; kva=watts/1000 x power factor
    = 28000/1000 x 0.86
    = 32.5 kva

and that is full load. if we apply 80 percent utilization then,

our kva (new) = 32.5 x 0.8
    = 26 kva

that's is why i say 30kva is enough.

one most important thing. do not buy chinese brand. the cables and cores were mostly made of inferior materials like aluminum not copper. and when the generator heats up this materials will deteriorate faster. this is the reason why chinese will advise the buyers to buy the next higher because they know their product won't last long.

by the way, i don't care if others burn their money. its not mine and i don't care hehehe. this is for the readers. buyers who will opt to choose chinese brands, better add 10 kva to compensate the heat loss.

again hope this help.
    Dear sir, This is Abbie from China. I am working for a gen-set factory as an export director. I have to say I cannot agree with your views on the China Brands.
    I have contacted with many foreigners. What they, probably includs you hehe, want is to buy high quality products from China but pay low low prices. That is impossible, for There is a saying goes:You get what you pay for.
    Surely, the example you gave is really existing, but that is not mean we donot have good things. As long as you pay its value, you will get what you expect.
    Good luck and really happy to communicate with you here.
    Abbie

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    we are the professional diesel generator set maker from China. we manufacture wide power range of genset. please add my shown contact method for more details talking. regards. Michae Lin

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    sayang layo, pero its recommended to get a 1KVA genset, better to have excess power than strain the generator. Honda/Coleman ok rin to add to ur choices.
    i am the professional sales man in the line of diesel generator set. i can answer your question. usually, the user choosing their genset is acording to the user load. while, it is better choose the genset output power more the user need. for example, the user need 30kva, you shoud the genset about 35kva. why we should do that. it got two reasons:
    a: it will make your genset's life time a little longer.
    b: low down the fuel consumption.

if you got any other question about the diesel generator, please do not hesitate to contact with me through the way i shown.

regards

Michael

Generator sets