New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 119 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Have we reached a point where owning a gun is a necessity? We now live in a crime riddled society where criminals have no regard at all for human life. Victims are unnecessarily harmed - di naman kailangan patayin, pinapatay.

In the article below, the supposed victim was able to defend himself only because he had a gun. He was able to kill his aggressors in some kind of street justice...

Holdaper dedo sa bibiktimahin
    Ni Lordeth Bonilla (Pilipino Star Ngayon) | Updated July 26, 2013 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Patay ang isa sa holdaper na riding-in-tandem makara*ang barilin ng isa sa kanilang biktima sa Caloocan City, ka*makalawa ng gabi. Dead-on-arrival sa East Avenue Medical Center sanhi ng tama ng bala sa katawan si Romnick Borja, 21, ng Sampalok St., Camarin ng naturang lungsod. Mabilis namang nakatakas ang kasama nito sa panghoholdap.

Sumuko naman sa mga pulis si Feliciano Hormelija Jr., 30, ng Sampaguita St., Novaliches, Quezon City.

Sa ulat ng Caloocan City Police, naganap ang insidente dakong alas-9:15 ng gabi sa Camarin, Caloocan City. Nabatid na minamaneho ni Hormelija ang kanyang kotse nang tabihan ito ng motorsiklo lulan ang mga suspect.

Bumaba sa motorsiklo sina Borja at ang kasama nito at nilapitan si Hormelija sabay tutok ng baril at nagdeklara ng holdap kung saan agad pang kinalabit ang dalang kalibre .38 baril. Masuwerteng hindi pumutok ang baril na dito sinamantala ni Hormelija na binunot ang kanyang kalibre .45 at pinutukan ang mga humoldap sa kanya kung saan tinamaan nga si Borja hanggang sa ito ay bumulagta.

Nang makita ng kasama ng nasawi ang nangyari ay mabilis na tumakas dala ang motorsiklo na hindi na nakuha ang plaka habang naghintay si Hormelija ng mga pulis saka ito sumuko.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 28th, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, there are instances that we do. That's why i'm thinking of geting ptcfor again. Even my wife is planning to buy a pistol.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I believe so...necessity na talaga sa panahon ngayon

eto na-feature sa abs-cbnews kahapon...New gun control law to take effect in September | ABS-CBN News

New gun control law to take effect in September

By Cecille Suerte Felipe, The Philippine Star

Posted at 07/27/2013 12:44 AM | Updated as of 07/27/2013 12:44 AM

MANILA, Philippines - A new law on gun control requires gunsmiths to have licenses for them to repair registered firearms.

This is one of the salient points in the newly approved Republic Act 10591, also known as the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act, which will take effect in September, four months after President Aquino signed it on May 29.

Chief Superintendent Raul Petrasanta, chief of the Firearms and Explosives Office (FEO) said his unit has the authority to regulate gunsmiths.

“When we say gunsmiths, they are persons who repair guns, not manufacturers of firearms. Those (gun manufacturers) in Danao are not considered different (case), but they are not mentioned in RA 10591,” Petrasanta told The STAR.

He said the FEO and the stakeholders are now working on the implementing rules and regulations (IRR), which would define the specifics of RA 10591 and hope to meet the 120- day deadline.

The IRR will not legalize any illegal activities but just regulate firearms in the hands of ordinary civilians.

The manufacturing of paltik gun, for instance, is common in Danao and Cebu, but most gun makers do not have licenses for their trade. Paltiks are guns made out of scrap metal and bits of angle iron manufactured inside home premises.

Both locally manufactured and imported firearms must also be registered as mandated by the new law.

Petrasanta said gun stores are also required to have a license for the purchase and sale of guns, as well as general businesses handling firearms and ammunitions.

RA 10591 requires gun owners to renew their licenses every two years on or before the date of expiration. If they fail to renew their licenses, the Philippine National Police (PNP) will revoke them and this means confiscation of the firearm.

Under the law, the registration of the firearm shall be renewed every four years. Failure to renew registration on or before the date of expiration will cause the revocation of license. The gun will then be confiscated or forfeited in favor of the government.

Failure to renew a license or registration within the periods mandated by the new law on two occasions will also cause the holder of the firearm to be perpetually disqualified from applying for any firearm license.

The application for the renewal of the license or registration may be submitted to the FEO of the PNP, six months before the date of the expiration of such license or registration.

The new law will take effect 15 days from its publication in a newspaper of nationwide circulation.

RA 10591 also states that guns carried outside residence or place of business must be covered by a permit to carry (PTC) firearms.

The law states that a qualified person may apply for a PTC, if he or she is under actual threat or is in imminent danger due to the nature of his or her profession, occupation or business.

The new law also allows professionals, such as lawyers or members of the Philippine Bar, certified public accountants, accredited media practitioners, cashiers, bank tellers, priests, ministers, rabbis and imams, physicians, nurses, and engineers, considered in imminent danger due to the nature of their profession, occupation or business to carry firearm.

Businessmen who, by nature of their business or undertaking, are exposed to the high risk of being targets of criminal elements may also apply for PTC.

The PNP said the new gun law recognizes the right of qualified citizens to self-defense through the use of firearms, under certain circumstances.

The standard requirements for an applicant for a gun license are: Filipino citizen, at least 21 years old, and has gained full work occupation or business or has filed an income tax return for the preceding year as proof of income, profession, business or occupation.

“Applicant must also submit certifications issued by appropriate authorities attesting, among others, that he or she has not been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude; passed the psychiatric test administered by a PNP-accredited psychologist or psychiatrist; passed the drug test conducted by an accredited and authorized drug testing laboratory or clinic; and passed a gun safety seminar administered by the PNP or a registered and authorized gun club,” the law states.

The other requirement is that the applicant should not have been convicted, or is currently an accused in a pending criminal case for a crime punishable with a penalty of more than two years.

Firearms for use in sports and competitions also require licensing.

The PNP chief, through the FEO, will issue licenses to qualified individuals and cause the registration of firearms. – Cecille Suerte Felipe

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the wife objected to my owning a defensive weapon. her reason was that i might kill somebody. i have been trained in weapons effectivity, care, use, muzzle discipline, necessity of firepower, weapons retention and the eight preconditions to the use of deadly force.
    my response:
    i'd rather be alive in jail after defending myself than six feet under ground for allowing some irresponsible person using deadly force on me

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...adly-force.doc
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 28th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If I can have it my way, I will be carrying an AK47 24 hrs a day. That and a sword

I have a new found fascination for guns. For me guns are not just modern marvels but a thing of beauty. Their not just well engineered but well crafted. I am particularly fascinated with the AK47 maybe because it's the kind of gun that matches my rage, it's the kind of gun that tells people don't f1ck with me But seriously, the AK47 has numerous references in pop culture - it has a reputation for being so bad ass. It's those darn Vietnam war films, most in particular Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. The Kalashnikov is so sinister that it is so cool

When I hear about incidents like this, I just wish I had an AK47, no conscience and a licence to kill :hammer: I am looking forward to seeing this beauty for real.

For our tsikot gun enthusiasts, does anyone have an idea how expensive this gun is? Is it as rare in the Philippines as I think it is?
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 28th, 2013 at 11:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    If I can have it my way, I will be carrying an AK47 24 hrs a day. That and a sword

I have a new found fascination for guns. For me guns are not just modern marvels but a thing of beauty. Their not just well engineered but well crafted. I am particularly fascinated with the AK47 maybe because it's the kind of gun that matches my rage, it's the kind of gun that tells people don't f1ck with me But seriously, the AK47 has numerous references in pop culture - it has a reputation for being so bad ass. It's those darn Vietnam war films, most in particular Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. The Kalashnikov is so sinister that it is so cool

When I hear about incidents like this, I just wish I had an AK47, no conscience and a licence to kill :hammer: I am looking forward to seeing this beauty for real.

For our tsikot gun enthusiasts, does anyone have an idea how expensive this gun is? Is it as rare in the Philippines as I think it is?

just make sure you know how to employ the weapon, know how to retain the weapon in any case to make sure that very same capable weapon is used on you,

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    just make sure you know how to employ the weapon, know how to retain the weapon in any case to make sure that very same capable weapon is used on you,
    It's just one of my fantasies to own an AK47

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    di naman ganun ka expensive, mga 50k plus bnew nung 2010 yung norinco type 56 (AK47 clone).di rin sya ganun ka rare mam, yung ammo lang ang medyo mahal tsaka konti lang gunstore na meron. wala na yata sa mga gunstore, di na daw kasi ulit pwede sa mga civilian mga assault rifles na may full auto ayon sa PNP/FED

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Cathy eto nalang muna:

AK-47 flash drive. Legal na, useful pa.

I have a friend with an AK, hindi ko alam na rare pala yun, nakakalat lang sa bahay nila eh.
    Last edited by jut703; July 29th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pandox View Post
    wala na yata sa mga gunstore, di na daw kasi ulit pwede sa mga civilian mga assault rifles na may full auto ayon sa PNP/FED
    so will that make it kind of rare now? hehe

Page 1 of 119 123451151101 ... LastLast