New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I dont want to be a felon victim so i bring a firearm. At home, its a necessity especially if you have your own family.

If only we have well functioning law enforcement, and peaceful and loving society then i don't have to bring one.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Cathy eto nalang muna:

AK-47 flash drive. Legal na, useful pa.

I have a friend with an AK, hindi ko alam na rare pala yun, nakakalat lang sa bahay nila eh.
    I cannot see the pic. Wow really?

Was it ever issued to the Philippine Military?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I like this topic :-)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I cannot see the pic. Wow really?

Was it ever issued to the Philippine Military?
    AK was not issued in the Philippines Military, iba ang ammo nyan, taht is 7.62 pero may variant rin yan na 5.56 pero hindi nagclick.

It is a very reliable assault rifle compared sa M4, piston driven unlike sa M4 na purely gas operated.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    If I can have it my way, I will be carrying an AK47 24 hrs a day. That and a sword

I have a new found fascination for guns. For me guns are not just modern marvels but a thing of beauty. Their not just well engineered but well crafted. I am particularly fascinated with the AK47 maybe because it's the kind of gun that matches my rage, it's the kind of gun that tells people don't f1ck with me But seriously, the AK47 has numerous references in pop culture - it has a reputation for being so bad ass. It's those darn Vietnam war films, most in particular Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. The Kalashnikov is so sinister that it is so cool

When I hear about incidents like this, I just wish I had an AK47, no conscience and a licence to kill :hammer: I am looking forward to seeing this beauty for real.

For our tsikot gun enthusiasts, does anyone have an idea how expensive this gun is? Is it as rare in the Philippines as I think it is?
    ak-47 is easily found in the philippines but not the russian ak47 since that was discontinued a long time ago, most of the ak's distributed around the world these days are chinese ak47's. even in iraq and afgan 90% of the ak's are chinese. anyway it's available locally norinco is the brand and around 50-60k pesos only but the problem is the ammo is very hard to find and expensive. the problem is with the new gun control in the philippines you're not allowed to buy a fully automatic weapon anymore if you so that means no more ak's since the ak is a fully auto weapon. if you had a fully auto rifle before then you can still own it but you can't add any full auto weapon anymore to your collection.

BTT: i think guns is not a necessity but these days in our country that became so dangerous and you can't really on the people who should be protecting you, protecting yourself is a necessity. it's up to you how you want to protect yourself, knife, gun, bat, stun gun, pepper spray whatever you can use. what i hate is the PNP is treating legal gun owners today like criminals, right now PTC's are next to impossible to get and license renewal and transfer is taking forever. it's already hard enough to get ptc's and license back then but they still added more requirements to get one and became even stricter. which is pretty stupid since criminals never used a legal gun in a crime, so what they're doing is useless and because of that people who want to protect themselves can't. i guarantee that if PNP keep doing what they're doing to legal gun owners these days then the number of lose firearms will rise. in the local gun forums i frequently visit a lot of people are starting to bring their guns even though they still haven't been issued a PTC, their reason, it's better to be tried in court by 6 people than 6 people carrying your coffin. basically mas ok nang ikaw ang maaresto kesa ikaw ang mapatay since pag na aresto ka pwede mo pa depensahan ang sarili mo sa korte.
    Last edited by foresterx; July 29th, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    btw how the **** can you trust our PNP when they think criminals are heroes!

Purisima: ‘Criminals are now heroes’
    PNP chief rues allegations vs cops
    By Nikko Dizon, Jerome Aning
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    2:45 am | Saturday, July 20th, 2013
    59 860 405

With a series of alleged wrongdoings being leveled at policemen, the country’s top cop on Friday lamented that criminals now appear to be the heroes.

Director General Alan Purisima, chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), noted that stories are going around about the involvement of policemen in crimes.

“We have to verify these reports. With so many stories coming out, even members of the media are unwittingly being used because they are fed false information. A criminal is becoming the hero. It’s now the reverse,” Purisima said at a press conference.

Among the more recent allegations were that Cavite policemen and national penitentiary prison guards had accepted payoffs from escaped Ozamiz gang leader Ricky Cadavero, that Cadavero and his right-hand man Wilfredo Panogalinga Jr. were summarily executed by policemen on Monday night, that a witness to the killings of Cadavero and Panogalinga had gone missing, and that policemen who recaptured drug lord Li Lan Yan alias Jackson Dy and his wife, Wang Li Na, had helped themselves to the cash and illegal drugs found in the couple’s safe house in San Juan City.

Most embarrassing to the PNP so far this year was the incident in January in which policemen from Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon), with backing from military troops, killed an illegal gambling lord and 12 other men in an alleged shootout in Atimonan town, Quezon province. An investigation by the PNP itself found that incident was a “rubout,” which was confirmed by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) after its own investigation.

Twenty-five policemen and soldiers, including the ground commander of the Atimonan operation, Supt. Hansel Marantan, are facing criminal charges for the killings.

On Friday, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said there were “indications” that the shooting of Cadavero and Panogalinga in San Pedro town, Laguna province, on Monday night was a rubout.

“There are indications of that (rubout), but I am not prepared to say it categorically,” De Lima told reporters.

Read more: Purisima: ?Criminals are now heroes? | Inquirer News ... z2Zc6sDVNV
    parang gusto ko tuloy maging criminal atleast hero ako sa mata ng mga pulis at di na kelangan ng license and ptc para sa mga baril ko wala pa gun ban gun ban.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a 9mm handgun inside my bed side table, and a shot gun in the closet. If I see somebody in the middle of the night scaling my fence, I will shoot it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by siopaonatoasted View Post
    It is a very reliable assault rifle compared sa M4, piston driven unlike sa M4 na purely gas operated.
    Not true. AR15 comes as piston driven or direct gas impengement. M4 gas operated are just popular because they are cheaper than piston driven variants.

http://youtu.be/5KugfzpRwZ4

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I have a 9mm handgun inside my bed side table, and a shot gun in the closet. If I see somebody in the middle of the night scaling my fence, I will shoot it.
    Just make sure the target is not a "friendly"... :naughty2: Malay mo it's just your pretty neighbor wanting a good time. Hindi alam na married ka pala. (in which case, it's your better half who might do the shooting) :D

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    BTT: i think guns is not a necessity but these days in our country that became so dangerous and you can't really on the people who should be protecting you, protecting yourself is a necessity. it's up to you how you want to protect yourself, knife, gun, bat, stun gun, pepper spray whatever you can use.
    This i agree with. A gun is not necessary but security is. Choose whatever you feel is fit for you because not all people can handle guns and might end up as a liability instead of a source of security.

In my case, gun it is. And yes, even my kids be taught how to safely handle one when they are mature enough.

It's very sad indeed that we cannot even trust the people who are supposed to protect the public. Even though there are good ones, they are seriously outgunned by the criminals and other lawless elements.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Madali ba magpa lisensiya ng baril?

May criminal liability ba yung taong nakapatay ng magnanakaw sa loob ng bahay niya kaso wala lisensiya yun baril na ginamit niya?