New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by RedHorse
    wag naman sana humantong tayo kagaya ng feature story ng TIME magazine about Japan where people dress up in office attire, leaves the house as if papasok sa office, yun pala sa park lang tatambay, just to maintain the illusion na meron pa silang JOB
    i really am moved by that scenario... parang yung sa movie na "the full monty"

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Problem dito sa pinas is the poor are getting procreating like rabbits. Too many people with not enough jobs also causes little money to go around. Another thing is we lack capital. Our country cannot draw on foreign investments, reasons that are too much to mention. Not enough investment results in not enough jobs.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    we need to promote birth control. Its just hard in countries that are predominantly catholic.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yup, most filipinos are still poor...

meron tayong:
    5-6 ng mga pana (10 t0 20% interest rate per month???)

less than 100php cellphone load.. pwede ka pa mag-pass ng 2php na load..

we abuse text messaging too much, mas mura pa nga pag tawagan mo na lang..

nababaon sa utang sa credit card..

try ninyo gamitin ang cellphone ninyo sa quiapo.. wala pang 5secs eh wala na sa kamay mo hehe..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa totoo lang, the thing that makes investors stay away from the phils, ang hilig mag rally ng mga tao dito, ang hilig mag strike!
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Poor?? Yeh we are poor. Compare mo naman tayo sa ibang countries, sa atin, tingin natin "sosi" na tayo pero kung sa ibang countries yan, common na sa kanila yan. Pero sometimes, I ask that question to my self, poor nga ba tayo?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yes we are poor. Its like for example your neighbor that dresses well, has a great car, nice house, etc. Pero technically he is in debt, running away from creditors, does not have an honest living, etc.

We look rich pero we are deep inside poor. What is visible the first time may not be what is true. I see a lot of place here wherein in the left side of the read, big houses, etc. right side are poor housing, can't even classify it as a house. Its likely that on this stretch of the road, there are 10 rich people in the left side, while the poor people in the right side number in the hundreds. So if you count them as a whole we are poor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, if you look around and see evidence of wealth, it could be just an illusion. in this country, image is really important, and perhaps many spend and spend but have little savings, for example... just a possibility

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    We are poor becauise the Filipinos in general lacks the wealth of Education. Bigyan mo ng P1million bawat Pilipino, walang mangyayari dahil hindi nila alam kung pano gamitin ang pera. So the rich gets richer, the poor gets richer. Isa pa, ang mga mayayaman lang ang nakakautang kasi alam ng creditor gagamitin ang perang inutang para dumami pa ito.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may i humbly suggest looking at some key economic indicators?

per-capita GDP
    unemployment rate
    % of population below poverty line

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is the Filipino that Poor?