New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Malimit akong mapadaan sa Alabang Town Center, and i noticed that many families (Pinoy sila) who go to ATC (presumably sa Ayala Alabang sila nakatira) kilala mo kagad kung sino dun ang maid or yaya -- they are wearing obvious maid uniform.

Do they really have to wear maid uniforms -- in public??? I find it discriminating. Para tuloy master and slave ang dating.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on the preference of the husband/wife.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    well it depends... i remember my sister telling me that one of the reasons why some people give uniforms to maids so that when guests come to their house... hindi sila mapagkamalang maid or something. quite funny. sa amin hindi na naka uniform.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yeah parang discriminating nga yun.. kulang na lang pagsuotin mo ng t-shirt na may print na MAID in bold letters. bakit pati sa public?? so bad... but that's just my opinion.

pero depende talaga sa mag-asawa yan o sa agency na pinanggalingan nung household helper.. kung wala naman siyang matinong damit, pede mo naman ibili ng damit other than the uniform diba?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane
    Do they really have to wear maid uniforms -- in public??? I find it discriminating. Para tuloy master and slave ang dating.
    That's cuz they're working.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I find it discriminatory and degrading, we're all human beings. The only difference is we were lucky enough to be born into families or an environment that provided us with opportunities. Whereas they were born to families or places where there's not a single opportunity to improve their lot in life.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    basta ganito itsura at uniform ng maid namin payag ako..

kidding aside, di na siguro kailangan uniform lalo na sa labas ng bahay... mga nakita ko yaya ng bata, kahawig ng nurse's uniform na all white ang suot.. yun pwede pa.. but not the typical maid outfit..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Obviously gusto lang magyabang sa public na meron silang YAYA/MAID!

Ganito naman talaga ang mga Pinoy who belongs to the upper class and those "rich kuno" or "rich wannabee"...They want to flaunt what they have, e di naman nakaka-impress!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Whatever the employer asks them to wear as long as they are treated like human beings and employed as such, it shouldn't be a problem. It's the same thing as some big company asking employees to wear a uniform.

It is the same story with security guards. As long as the uniform is appropriate, I see no problem.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; March 23rd, 2006 at 02:23 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before, my mom wanted our helper to wear the all white uniform when we are going out, para daw malinis tignan.

lately, ang mga helper namin naka-casual attire na lang paglumalabas kami, wala lang, napagod din siguro mom ko na magpatahi ng uniform.

one time i told her, buti na lang walang uniform yung helper namin, sabi nya, kung pwede nga lang daw sya magpagawa, magpapagawa sya, mas gusto daw nya nakauniform yung helper e. sabi ko naman, wag na, para naman masyadong sinasabi na maid sya e.

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
Do maids have to wear a uniform?