New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Partial ako sa Mac. Tama si 66bunny, a PC has an advantage over a Macintosh in terms of gaming. But in my 6 years of using Macs in the office, not once were they infected by viruses. And easier to use, considering that I had used PCs half my life.

In a year, we may be able to see a new generation of Apple computers running on Intel processors, which will enable a PC to run Mac OS.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 24th, 2005 at 12:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mac is good....

the only thing that keeps me from getting one is.... my line of work uses a lot of Cad and other related software which is not recognized by mac.... like for example....we use Autodesk software 90% of the time and as of this time I dont know if this software can be use in mac OS as well....

other than that, I like mac..... it looks good as well...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was about to switch to a Mac when I was shopping for a notebook nung January. I opted for the PC for the meantime (Compaq B3807). Kelangan ko kasi ng PC because of a number of things that won't work on Macs like I can't synch my PPC (need to get Missing Synch pa, though I hardly use my PPC these days), for Nokia PC suite, tsaka Chikka hehe (free text to folks back home) and of course games.

But for my next computer, I'm definitely getting a Mac. Next year ko na pagiisipan yun. Naiinggit ako sa Mac kasi ang dali lang gamitin. Setup is a breeze, hardly any malware or spyware gets to it, and it LOOKS GOOD
    Since I do a little photo and music editing (more of a hobby), I can switch these stuff, which I'm currently doing on my PC, to the Mac. That Power Mac is really tempting hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First time I used the mac and hooked up a printer, naghintay ako ng prompt gaya ng windows na "found new hardware, please wait while we load the necessary drivers"

sa mac, on OSX at least, seamless ang installation.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just a little heads up,

you can use Missing Sync and Pocket Mac Pro for the Pocket PC. Right now I'm using Pocket Mac Pro 3.5 since I'm using Tiger. Missing Sync for Pocket PC no longer works for Tiger. They're coming up with Missing Sync for Windows Mobile which is Mac OSX Tiger compatible.

You can also use Chikka on the Mac. Although, a Java version which is on the site.
    You'd have to click on the link to launch the Java version. With regards to the Nokia Suite, the only way to do that would probably be virtual pc but that would be slow. No other way to do it just yet. No idea why Nokia doesn't bother to support Mac's. A good majority of Mac users who used to use Nokia have switched over to SE phones or Treo 600/650's. Or even the O2 line (but you need the aforementioned programs). There are a number of new games which you can play on the Mac (i.e. I'm playing World of Warcraft on it among other things), but not as much as the PC still.

But I'd think, once the switch to the Intel platform pushes through, more people would be porting over their stuff to it and hopefully, games would flourish.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks sa mga comments and opinions! some cad softwares too. hmm...this is going to be a tough decision. heat problems are resolved with the notebook pad which has a fan for additional cooling. I just forget what they called that.I do work with a Toshiba right now. So I guess I'll have the best of both worlds. As for gaming, well, I've got the desktop PC at home to deal with that along with the 5.1 surround. hehe :D

how do you compare two of a different kind? this is the hardest part of choosing between them.where will there be more value for money?

OTO , my bad, Unix based nga pala. I'll try to get in touch with benedict of HK.

need4speed , c programming lang naman for now.

OT: if only alienware notebooks were sold here in the Philippines....hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^Ngayon ko lang nabalitaan yang Missing Sync not working on Tiger. Although ngayon nakatambak na lang yung PPC ko kasi napaltan na ng communicator. Ang pinagtataka ko talaga sa Nokia eh kung baket wala silang Mac support. I mean, it would be good business for them if they would support Mac users. Can't wait for Apple's switch to Intel.

^Ang ganda nga ng Alienware na yan! Naglalaway ako dun sa gaming notebook nila (forgot the model name though). Si kumander nagpapabili sa akin nun haha!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with regards to using c/c++

http://www.google.com.hk/search?q=ho...en-US:official
    http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/...hp?topic=43348

the only thing now is how to address the CAD problem...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    am waiting for the Mac to support cad operations.....

until then, sa windows based laptop muna ako.....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    First time I used the mac and hooked up a printer, naghintay ako ng prompt gaya ng windows na "found new hardware, please wait while we load the necessary drivers"

sa mac, on OSX at least, seamless ang installation.
    It just works ika nga. ;) Almost all the time it is like plugging a DVD player to a TV set. No more waiting or annoying prompts.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Choose : Toshiba or Apple?