New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    A lot of people bash the Mac because it has delayed & limited number of games. The question I have is this, why spend $500 on a video card when a video console costs below $150. Video consoles are complete computers dedicated to gaming and only lacks a display. Video consoles dont crash. Video consoles rarely have bugs. Video consoles wont be outdated until 5 years later. Video consoles are a heck a lot more simple than a Windows or Mac machine. Video consoles do not have viruses, malware or whatnot.

I find PC gamers hilarious. They balk at paying a premium for a iPod and yet are willing to fork out almost $700 for a video card and almost a thousand dollars for the fastest AMD/Intel chips which they overclock & void their warranty. This is just me but I could buy a GameCube, PS2 and Xbox for that money and have some change for extra controllers & memory cards.

It is as if people bought surplus delivery trucks to fetch the kids to school because they have the capacity to bring the whole clan wherever they go.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala ako masabi sa mga alam ni OTO, elib ako sayo kapatid!

Ngayon ko lang nalaman na hindi pala pedeng mag jump ng update from 10.2 to 10.4 kailangan pala incremental. So, Im on 10.2.8 update right now sa G4 desktop. Sa sobrang bilib ko kay OTO, magagamit ko na yung G4 ko sa office which has been collecting dusts :hihihi: I never really used the G4 with anything else but restoring the images for our client machines. So now, medyo ma explore ko na ang Mac.

G4 1GHz, 1.5GB, SuperDrive, 80GB slave and 40GB master hdd.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    Ngayon ko lang nalaman na hindi pala pedeng mag jump ng update from 10.2 to 10.4 kailangan pala incremental. So, Im on 10.2.8 update right now sa G4 desktop. Sa sobrang bilib ko kay OTO, magagamit ko na yung G4 ko sa office which has been collecting dusts :hihihi: I never really used the G4 with anything else but restoring the images for our client machines. So now, medyo ma explore ko na ang Mac.

G4 1GHz, 1.5GB, SuperDrive, 80GB slave and 40GB master hdd.
    In your case I'd suggest backing up all your data and do a clean install to 10.4/Tiger. Is that a Quicksilver 2002 with a dual 1GHz processor? The specs look familiar. My friend has a similar machine and works brilliantly. A lot has changed from 10.2 to 10.4.

I should be paid by Apple. ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    In your case I'd suggest backing up all your data and do a clean install to 10.4/Tiger. Is that a Quicksilver 2002 with a dual 1GHz processor? The specs look familiar. My friend has a similar machine and works brilliantly. A lot has changed from 10.2 to 10.4.

I should be paid by Apple. ;)
    galeng ah, June 2002 purchase date and Dual 1GHz processor nga! Paired with a 22" Apple Cinema Display ADC. ginagamit ko lang pampanood ng DVD ito eh, haha.

I just found out na hindi pala gumagana ang Remedy app sa Mac

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another thing I found, 10.2.8 ang current version ko. Akala ko update lang yun pala may bayad na ang 10.3. Kumbaga sa Windows another type of OS na pala yon. Langya, akala ko kse driver lang dahil sa naming convention na ginagamit ng Mac. Fortunately, I was able to find a 10.4 version sa G5 Dual 2.5GHz which will be going out to one of our client, I can use it for testing purposes.

OSX 10.4/Tiger
    "Bundled software only, cannot be installed."
    Last edited by Karding; June 25th, 2005 at 07:58 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    another thing I found, 10.2.8 ang current version ko. Akala ko update lang yun pala may bayad na ang 10.3. Kumbaga sa Windows another type of OS na pala yon. Langya, akala ko kse driver lang dahil sa naming convention na ginagamit ng Mac. Fortunately, I was able to find a 10.4 version sa G5 Dual 2.5GHz which will be going out to one of our client, I can use it for testing purposes.

OSX 10.4/Tiger
    "Bundled software only, cannot be installed."
    OS X is just a brand similar to Windows.

MS has a similar Windows update scheme.
    Windows 95 (1995)
    Windows 95 OSR2 or OSRB (1997)
    Windows 98 (1998)
    Windows 98 SE (1999)
    Windows 2000 (Q1 2000)
    Windows ME (Q2 2000)
    Windows XP (2001)
    Windows XP SP1 (2002)
    Windows XP SP2 (2004)
    Longhorn (2006)

Apple's OS X timeline is...

Mac OS X v10.0 "Cheetah" March 2001
    Mac OS X v10.1 "Puma" September 2001 (Free update)
    Mac OS X v10.2 "Jaguar" August 2002
    Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" October 2003
    Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" April 2005
    Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard" Late 2006

For the price the OS updates are worth it. Each point update speeds up any Mac from most G3s to the more recent G5s. I havent heard of any personal computer or computer for that matter that speeds up after every OS release. It gives a new meaning to the word "upgrade".

The copy of Tiger on the PowerMac G5 should work on the PowerMac G4. Friend used his G5's OS X DVD installer on his G4 and it worked.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

OTO....saludo ako sa yo bro....now I am more inclined to buy my first Mac... you should work for Steve Job....heheheehe

one more question.... is that powercadd and versa cad software compatible with the AutoCad? I mean can I just open the autocad file with that software without any big fuss and vice versa?? yan lang naman ang napakalaking dahilan kaya di pa ako lumilipat sa Mac....I dont want to have two desktop or two laptop.....it will be just a waste of my hard earned money....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed
    OTO....saludo ako sa yo bro....now I am more inclined to buy my first Mac... you should work for Steve Job....heheheehe

one more question.... is that powercadd and versa cad software compatible with the AutoCad? I mean can I just open the autocad file with that software without any big fuss and vice versa?? yan lang naman ang napakalaking dahilan kaya di pa ako lumilipat sa Mac....I dont want to have two desktop or two laptop.....it will be just a waste of my hard earned money....
    Dapat nga binabayaran ako ng mokong yun.

As I dont know anything about CAD I dunno if it'll work. Click click na lang kapatid. ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you sure know your stuff OTO... *two thumbs up*

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Presenting the new iBook

http://www.apple.com/ibook/

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Choose : Toshiba or Apple?