New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    And waiting for the eventual inheritance i guess.

*C4U, my salary isn't that great but i still manage to send two kids to good schools. I'm sure it's the same for most married tsikoteers here. I have friends who live with their parents and take home twice my salary and yet they still find it hard to save up as well, with no real assets to show for their expenses. It's different when you have the cushion of home as against being thrown at the fire immediately to fend for one's self.
    I computed my net and assuming my husband earns the same, hindi talaga kaya. I am earning too low. I kinda regret having my 5 year hiatus from working, that really affected my job offer kasi. I also find it very frustrating that I don't have any assets that I earned for myself. I told my Mom I am sorry that I am a failure. drama. hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Money is hard everywhere.

Lots of Americans now are living at home and trying to save up for their own houses and children.

Personally, I've seen much of my savings wiped out due to business trouble (personal business, not the family business, thankfully), and am only now crawling out of that hole.

At least I make enough to send our first kid to school and put food on the table. And eventually, things will get better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I also find it very frustrating that I don't have any assets that I earned for myself. I told my Mom I am sorry that I am a failure. drama. hehehe.

assets? your collection of nail polish

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    And waiting for the eventual inheritance i guess.

*C4U, my salary isn't that great but i still manage to send two kids to good schools. I'm sure it's the same for most married tsikoteers here. I have friends who live with their parents and take home twice my salary and yet they still find it hard to save up as well, with no real assets to show for their expenses. It's different when you have the cushion of home as against being thrown at the fire immediately to fend for one's self.
    That is why I am telling my kids that as soon as they graduate from college,- "they can do whatever they want,- relocate abroad or move out of the house"... it pains me I admit, but I need to impress that on them... The earlier they become independent, the better for wifey and myself....

Of course, we are thinking ahead,- like buying properties (for them- which they are not aware of) so that they can start their married life pretty well...

Looking back, the biggest financial challenge that we encountered was buying our first house (and it was a good thing that I saved enough money for this). And so, with that experience, we hope that we can augment their financial capability when they go through that same stage in life... Of course, we will ask them to pay for the property but without the oppressing interest rate of the lending institutions....

20.0K:lollipop:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hindi ba bigay na lang yung property?

This reminds me of my cousins which were each given condos by their parents for them to live independent when they get married. The problem is they sold it off naman when things got bad. So really discipline is important for the children.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I envy those rags to riches stories.

nagsikap from being nothing to having everything.

Each of us have their own story to share about their parents success story.

Kadalasan either old rich yung family or nagsikap yun magulang from scratch kaya ngayon well provided ang family

ang ending yung mga anak maginhawa at masarap ang buhay, hindi naman sa dependent ka sa parents mo pero lahat inilatag na para sayo.

Which made me think na its a double edged sword.

Would you rather have a hard life growing up pero natuto ka tumayo, umunlad at maging matatag

ang ending ayaw mo iparanas sa mga anak mo yung buhay mo growing up kaya lahat ng sarap ibibigay mo sa kanila

or ikaw yung anak ng nagsikap and lahat is inilatag at binigay na sayo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Personally, I've seen much of my savings wiped out due to business trouble (personal business, not the family business, thankfully), and am only now crawling out of that hole.

At least I make enough to send our first kid to school and put food on the table. And eventually, things will get better.
    Wow, the Lynx cost you that much to maintain eh? j/k man... yeah, some businesses go up and some go down, you can lose it all but at the end, you still have your education (and sanity) to put things together again.

But heck, if something like your family business went down, I'd be scared...

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That is why I am telling my kids that as soon as they graduate from college,- "they can do whatever they want,- relocate abroad or move out of the house"... it pains me I admit, but I need to impress that on them... The earlier they become independent, the better for wifey and myself....

Of course, we are thinking ahead,- like buying properties (for them- which they are not aware of) so that they can start their married life pretty well...

20.0K:lollipop:
    This too is our goal, at least one property per kid. It also provides some security to their future (aside from education). I can't do what some people i know do (i.e. Corinthian Gardens home for their newly married kid + pangkabuhayan business showcase) but heck, at least giving them something decent will do.

My better half has a couple of friends (her condo roomies before we got married) whom i kept advising to put money aside to save and perhaps buy their own condo at the least instead of spending so much on rent. Instead they spent money like there was no tomorrow (laging nag Embassy, Members Only, shopping, etc.). When they got married, engrande travel naman ang honeymoon. They had kid eventually then both lost their jobs and hit hard times. When they put things back together (business), i thought they learned already but it seems hindi pa rin (i always see them with new gadgets and now may plans to travel nanaman... ay sige...).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My Mom is training me now to be independent. Now I have to pay for my own gas. I hope I do not have to pay for maintenance or contribute for utilities yet kasi ngayon pa lang naghihirap na ko paying for gas
    WTH!? anong klaseng training yan? ngayon ka lang nagbabayad ng gas mo?

mga bata ngayon HS, college. sila na nagbabayad ng gasolina nila

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Hindi ba bigay na lang yung property?

This reminds me of my cousins which were each given condos by their parents for them to live independent when they get married. The problem is they sold it off naman when things got bad. So really discipline is important for the children.
    That's the problem kung walang discipline. The mindset should be that they still work as if they won't be getting anything from their parents/family. Parang bonus na lang if they get any...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    So really discipline is important for the children.
    Thats what im talking about.

hindi kasi nakikita yung value nung pinaghirapan.

same scenario, yung pinsan ni esmi spolied mga anak

bigay luho mga magulang.

ngayon buhay pa parents pero nanghihingi na ng mana.

i'm like WTF?! buhay pa magulang nanghihingi na ng mamanahain.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast