New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    WTH!? anong klaseng training yan? ngayon ka lang nagbabayad ng gas mo?

mga bata ngayon HS, college. sila na nagbabayad ng gasolina nila
    HS and College galing allowance din naman yun

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    HS and College galing allowance din naman yun
    may budgeting na

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WTH!? anong klaseng training yan?
    OJT? Ala Nancy Binay? :D

I started paying for my own gas when i got my job. I was lucky that my dad just helped me for the first few months of work so i could save up a little then i was on my own eventually.

Eh yung ibang classmates ko nung HS/College, grabe naman yung allowances nila... mas malaki pa siguro kaysa starting pay nila when they work. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That is why I am telling my kids that as soon as they graduate from college,- "they can do whatever they want,- relocate abroad or move out of the house"... it pains me I admit, but I need to impress that on them... The earlier they become independent, the better for wifey and myself....

Of course, we are thinking ahead,- like buying properties (for them- which they are not aware of) so that they can start their married life pretty well...

Looking back, the biggest financial challenge that we encountered was buying our first house (and it was a good thing that I saved enough money for this). And so, with that experience, we hope that we can augment their financial capability when they go through that same stage in life... Of course, we will ask them to pay for the property but without the oppressing interest rate of the lending institutions....

20.0K:lollipop:
    paampon kami saiyo...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That's the problem kung walang discipline. The mindset should be that they still work as if they won't be getting anything from their parents/family. Parang bonus na lang if they get any...
    I have so many cousins that just stay at home living off of their parents, the worst ones are living off of my 85 year old Lola! I really do not call that a life.

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Thats what im talking about.

hindi kasi nakikita yung value nung pinaghirapan.

same scenario, yung pinsan ni esmi spolied mga anak

bigay luho mga magulang.

ngayon buhay pa parents pero nanghihingi na ng mana.

i'm like WTF?! buhay pa magulang nanghihingi na ng mamanahain.
    Pero better nga to transfer the properties while the parents are still alive to do away with estate tax. But that has to come from the parents. What others do, they insure their parents enough to pay for estate tax.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    But that has to come from the parents.
    Kaso anak mismo nanghihingi, tigas nga eh nagtampo pa nung hindi binibigay yung hinihingi.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    may budgeting na
    I still remember P300 gas allowance ko in the late 90s when I was in college. Never naman nagkulang.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    OJT? Ala Nancy Binay? :D

I started paying for my own gas when i got my job. I was lucky that my dad just helped me for the first few months of work so i could save up a little then i was on my own eventually.

Eh yung ibang classmates ko nung HS/College, grabe naman yung allowances nila... mas malaki pa siguro kaysa starting pay nila when they work. :D
    I guess these are the types that work for 2 to 3 yrs to get a feel of how it is being an employee, It teaches a person discipline din kasi.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Kaso anak mismo nanghihingi, tigas nga eh nagtampo pa nung hindi binibigay yung hinihingi.
    Kung ako magulang nun lalong hindi ko ililipat. Baka bigla ako ilaglag pag transgferred na lahat. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    paampon kami saiyo...
    ako din gusto ko paampon kay CVT

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami ng parents na giangawa bumibili na lang ng malaking lot and then lahat ng anak and their families may kanya-kanyang bahay s compound...

a buddy of mine since grade school ganun set up nila...they bought an 7 or 8k squaremeters sa isang subdivision then nagpagawa na lang sila magkakapatid ng bahay sa compound nila...then yun parents nila meron din sariling baha...

kapatid naman ng lola ko ganun din style, they built a 20+ floor building...top 4 floors sila gumagamit then the rest of the units eh binenta...so lahat ng anak at pamilya doon na rin sama-sama nakatira...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast