New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Happened by this article:

Generation who refuse to grow up: No mortgage. No marriage. No children. No career plan. Like so many 30-somethings, Marianne Power admits she's one of them... | Mail Online

Quite true even here in the Philippines. In my batch, there seems to be a lot of unmarried people while others are just planning on getting tied down at this point (early to mid 30s). Heck, i even know people in their 40s who behave and live like teenagers off at their parent's home. It's a mix though, some are really tied down to their careers and are enjoying the date and party scene, some are parents but still live the semi-single life, while some are just well... :smoke:

On another note, i think the young married people today are also more in touch with their kids... or maybe i'm just delusional and my kids see me as an old hermit.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    kinanta ng grade 2 daughter ko last week sa english class niya (not music). yung madre napakunot noo.

i dont want to grow up - RAMONES
    When I'm lyin' in my bed at night
    I don't wanna grow up
    Nothing ever seems to turn out right
    I don't wanna grow up
    How do you move in a world of fog that's
    always changing things
    Makes wish that I could be a dog
    When I see the price that you pay
    I don't wanna grow up
    I don't ever want to be that way
    I don't wanna grow up
    Seems that folks turn into things
    that they never want
    The only thing to live for is today...
    I'm gonna put a hole in my T.V. set
    I don't wanna grow up
    Open up the medicine chest
    I don't wanna grow up
    I don't wanna have to shout it out
    I don't want my hair to fall out
    I don't wanna be filled with doubt
    I don't wanna be a good boy scout
    I don't wanna have to learn to count
    I don't wanna have the biggest amount
    I don't wanna grow up
    Well when I see my parents fight
    I don't wanna grow up
    They all go out and drinkin all night
    I don't wanna grow up
    I'd rather stay here in my room
    Nothin' out there but sad and gloom
    I don't wanna live in a big old tomb on grand street
    When I see the 5 oclock news
    I don't wanna grow up
    Comb their hair and shine their shoes
    I don't wanna grow up
    Stay around in my old hometown
    I don't wanna put no money down
    I don't wanna get a big old loan
    Work them fingers to the bone
    I don't wanna float on a broom
    Fall in love, get married then boom
    How the hell did it get here so soon
    I don't wanna grow up

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Quite true even here in the Philippines. In my batch, there seems to be a lot of unmarried people while others are just planning on getting tied down at this point (early to mid 30s). Heck, i even know people in their 40s who behave and live like teenagers off at their parent's home. It's a mix though, some are really tied down to their careers and are enjoying the date and party scene, some are parents but still live the semi-single life, while some are just well... :smoke:
    those with great careers see raising a family as a hindrance to their careers

---

adults who live off their parents usually have successful parents (otherwise there's nothing to live off). there's no pressure on them to work to support their parents coz the parents are capable of supporting themselves

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is so true. Most my friends marry in their late 20s and early 30s. I still have a lot of friends that are single and living with their parents.

My good friend and I once talked about how our parents were able to afford what they did when they were our age -30s (house, cars, education for children). I really cannot imagine sending a child to school with my salary now (and assuming my husband and I earn the same). How much is tuition for grade school? Last time I heard it was at P100-120k annually. Probably times really are harder now. There isn't much pressure since there are still a lot of us that are single. I have one friend that got married at 23 and everyone thought she was too young then and did not get to enjoy her youth. Now we feel like she is trying too hard to prove to us that marrying young was a good decision (but that's a different story). Also I noticed that those that marry late have a very good relationship with their family, there's really no urgency to leave your current setup if you enjoy it. But then when you reach 30, tinataboy ka na ng parents to build a family

I find 30s single and living with parents acceptable but the number of 40s and still single and living with their parents is growing as well! My ex is turning 40 now and I don't think he has plans (or is capable) of living away from his parents. I have another good buy friend in his mid 40s in the same situation My Mom is training me now to be independent. Now I have to pay for my own gas. I hope I do not have to pay for maintenance or contribute for utilities yet kasi ngayon pa lang naghihirap na ko paying for gas :hammer:

The bad side din about marrying old would be you won't get to enjoy your children (or grandchildren) as much anymore. My parents had me very late din and I always wish they had me when they were younger and that I had more siblings.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 10th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    My parents had me very late din and I always wish they had me when I was younger and that I had more siblings.
    you mean you wish your parents had you when THEY were younger

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes that is what I meant. Edited my post na

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Probably times really are harder now.
    usually it's educated people who are afraid of starting a family coz they think they couldnt afford it

pero tingnan mo mga poor walang isip isip gawa lang nang gawa ng bata

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    usually it's educated people who are afraid of starting a family coz they think they couldnt afford it

pero tingnan mo mga poor walang isip isip gawa lang nang gawa ng bata
    I only want to be able to afford what my parents gave us growing up. I don't want anything less for my children. But then it really makes me wonder, my friend that married young is able to send her child to a very good school, purchase cars every 5 yrs, travel annually etc. She is only a housewife. We know where her husband works and have an idea of the salary range. We cannot imagine how they could afford all that yet she stands by her word that they get no support from the parents. So that's why my friends and I think that they are still getting support and she is too proud to admit it. Kasi she does not want to hear us tell her why she married young

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    adults who live off their parents usually have successful parents (otherwise there's nothing to live off). there's no pressure on them to work to support their parents coz the parents are capable of supporting themselves
    And waiting for the eventual inheritance i guess.

*C4U, my salary isn't that great but i still manage to send two kids to good schools. I'm sure it's the same for most married tsikoteers here. I have friends who live with their parents and take home twice my salary and yet they still find it hard to save up as well, with no real assets to show for their expenses. It's different when you have the cushion of home as against being thrown at the fire immediately to fend for one's self.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    in a sense you're right. ganyan din ako nun tapos yung ex-gf ko 5 years older so mejo doble pressure.
    pero ang advice na nakukuha nun eh kung sigurado na ako sa gf, wag ko na daw hintayin na yumaman. masarap daw feeling na kayong mag-asawa ang nagpupundar.

well, nakinig naman ako sa kanila pero hindi naman ako sobrang bata nun. mga 27 yrs old ako. yung nga nga lang hindi ko natapos MS ko dahil sa trabaho.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast