New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Depends on the scale of the house you want to build with shipping containers.
    * gh, I agree...

The ISO shipping container has been designed to stringent standards, not only to withstand the extreme weather conditions on sea voyages, but to withstand the stacking of 9 fully laden containers. Shipping containers are used by all exporting and importing nations, consequently there is a global transportation network that already exits to move these containers by sea, road or rail. These containers are reusable but if the need for imports exceeds exports then, as most countries find themselves now, there will continue to be a surplus of containers gathering in cities and ports. Future supply of these units is not an issue with ocean routes still increasing in number and larger ships being built to take up to 10,000 containers at a time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014

mas mainampa nga na gawing bahay yan ng mga taga skwater kesa barong barong na masakit sa mata. at least matibay pa ang mga yaan at madali pa ilipat o alisin kapag kelangan na ang lupa. mas desente pa ngang tingnan kung ganyan ang gawin bahay ng mga skwater dito sa metro manila. kaso hindi naiisip ng gobyerno ng filifinas ang mga ganiyan kase uunahin nila yung sila ay kumita muna bago ang kapakanan ng mga taong bayan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    * TS, some recommend 20 ft instead of 40 ft shipping container as house. Any opinion on this mga taga tsikot?
    It also depends on what design of the house you will be doing. Having to cut a 40ft container in half to get two 20ft sections is not recommended because the strength of the container is compromised.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post

How about two 40 ft. shipping container as house? I like this architecture...
    Will cost you between 16K to 20K depending on the extent of the works. You buy the container, make all the revisions and upgrades. What the images doesn't tell you are the hidden costs.

Septic tank, Foundations works (pedestals where you cabins will be fixed in place, insulation works, paved walk ways and driveways, storm drainage, permits and plans, meralco connection fees, potable water connection fees, future upgrades on electrical works, and so much more.

The only difference is the time of construction of the house proper is 24 hours only, if you are to buy the catalog type, if you want to go DIY then that will take you months as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post
    Yep * sir hein, looks nice and boiling hot. Di kaya magastos sa aircon ito? Dapat Hi Cube yung ginamit nila dito.
    Good day, we are planning a shipping container home in baguio . It might be true that it would be quite warm inside if you use it in a warm place. Any idea if we put it in baguio?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    magtayo kayo ng food park, yan ang racket ng mga tiga Marikina, QC, Valenzuela ngaun.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lemsky View Post
    Good day, we are planning a shipping container home in baguio . It might be true that it would be quite warm inside if you use it in a warm place. Any idea if we put it in baguio?
    you'll still need to put insulation, especially on the ceiling. and a/c unit is also recommended.

the high cubage container is better so you'll have a higher headroom.. but of course it also cost a bit higher.

i know one supplier in q.c., however, most of their previous works were offices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    To all:
    I'm really really serious about building a house made out of shipping container.
    I am willing to a layout for you (at least the layout; tapos bahala na kayo sa mga design or other aesthetic look like landscaping, color of the paint, insulation, etc.) in exchange for helping me get some local information as to "where to buy shipping container", finding experienced architect and engineers, welders, etc.

Sa mga nagtatanong un magkano ang aabutin... as well all know, madaming factors na makaka-apekto sa presyo... tulad ng mga ito...
    #1 laki ng bahay? un maliit ang lupa, pwedeng pataas... up to 8 levels
    #2 number and size of containers needed sa gusto nyong laki ng bahay nyo. merong 20' at 40' (length) with the same 8' width; meron din high ceiling na container... syempre, mas malaki, mas mahal ang presyo; mas bago, mas mahal.
    #3 delivery charge - syempre, mas malayo kayo sa panggagalingan ng container, mas mahal ang delivery charge.
    #4 size and type of windows and doors; as well as faucets, sidings, roof, etc. makes a huge difference sa presyo

If you are really serious, again, I am willing to help anybody who is also willing to help me gather some local information (La Union or Bulacan area). Here are the information I will need to help you:

#1 LOCATION - check your location starting from the main road. Can a truck carrying a 40ft container maneuver in your desired lot (property)? If the answer is NO... then that leaves us with just 20ft containers to work with. Ask the same question but instead of 40ft change it to 20ft. If the answer is NO... then do you have other solutions as to how to get the container in your desired property? You cannot proceed not unless you answer YES to this type of question. You have to consider the width of the road for maneuvering purposes of the delivery truck, any obstructions above such as electrical wiring or low branches of trees na madadaanan ng truck.

#2 DO YOU WANT A SECOND FLOOR? - if so, then you have to consider trees around your area. Perhaps, a forklift will do the job of putting the second layer (or floor) or maybe not; it all depends to the height of your first floor... anything above 2nd layer will definitely require a crane to lift and place the containers. If that's the case, then, make sure you have enough clearance above to allow the crane to maneuver around your property.

#3 Again, you must answer YES to the first 2 questions above (unless someone else here have a better suggestion on how you can have the containers deliver to your desired location. Next question is...
    WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR LOT? It's not enough to say 403 square meter. We will need the actual dimension and shape of the lot or else, we will be wasting a lot of time (and frustration) by trial and error. How wide is your property facing the street (width)? What's the length or depth of your property? You can answer this question by getting a surveyor survey your property. That way, you also know where your property line begins and where it ends.

#4 DRIVEWAYS? PARKING AREA - How many driveways do you want? and how many cars do you want to be able to park in your parking area? We will deduct these space away from your lot size. Yes, of course, we can use big posts for your container and use the ground level as your parking space, right? That leaves us again with the #2 question above.

#5 WHAT IS YOUR TIMELINE? There's no point of spending our precious time if you are not serious about this. Un iba kasi, curious lang or nag-uusyoso lang without considering other people's valuable time as well. My timeline is, I want to start within the 6 months to a year... right now, I'm on the stage of finding good and experienced workers (e.g. architects, engineers, welders, etc.).

If you can answer the above questions, send me a private message so we can get started.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdelali View Post
    To all:
    I'm really really serious about building a house made out of shipping container.
    I am willing to a layout for you (at least the layout; tapos bahala na kayo sa mga design or other aesthetic look like landscaping, color of the paint, insulation, etc.) in exchange for helping me get some local information as to "where to buy shipping container", finding experienced architect and engineers, welders, etc.

Sa mga nagtatanong un magkano ang aabutin... as well all know, madaming factors na makaka-apekto sa presyo... tulad ng mga ito...
    #1 laki ng bahay? un maliit ang lupa, pwedeng pataas... up to 8 levels
    #2 number and size of containers needed sa gusto nyong laki ng bahay nyo. merong 20' at 40' (length) with the same 8' width; meron din high ceiling na container... syempre, mas malaki, mas mahal ang presyo; mas bago, mas mahal.
    #3 delivery charge - syempre, mas malayo kayo sa panggagalingan ng container, mas mahal ang delivery charge.
    #4 size and type of windows and doors; as well as faucets, sidings, roof, etc. makes a huge difference sa presyo

If you are really serious, again, I am willing to help anybody who is also willing to help me gather some local information (La Union or Bulacan area). Here are the information I will need to help you:

#1 LOCATION - check your location starting from the main road. Can a truck carrying a 40ft container maneuver in your desired lot (property)? If the answer is NO... then that leaves us with just 20ft containers to work with. Ask the same question but instead of 40ft change it to 20ft. If the answer is NO... then do you have other solutions as to how to get the container in your desired property? You cannot proceed not unless you answer YES to this type of question. You have to consider the width of the road for maneuvering purposes of the delivery truck, any obstructions above such as electrical wiring or low branches of trees na madadaanan ng truck.

#2 DO YOU WANT A SECOND FLOOR? - if so, then you have to consider trees around your area. Perhaps, a forklift will do the job of putting the second layer (or floor) or maybe not; it all depends to the height of your first floor... anything above 2nd layer will definitely require a crane to lift and place the containers. If that's the case, then, make sure you have enough clearance above to allow the crane to maneuver around your property.

#3 Again, you must answer YES to the first 2 questions above (unless someone else here have a better suggestion on how you can have the containers deliver to your desired location. Next question is...
    WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR LOT? It's not enough to say 403 square meter. We will need the actual dimension and shape of the lot or else, we will be wasting a lot of time (and frustration) by trial and error. How wide is your property facing the street (width)? What's the length or depth of your property? You can answer this question by getting a surveyor survey your property. That way, you also know where your property line begins and where it ends.

#4 DRIVEWAYS? PARKING AREA - How many driveways do you want? and how many cars do you want to be able to park in your parking area? We will deduct these space away from your lot size. Yes, of course, we can use big posts for your container and use the ground level as your parking space, right? That leaves us again with the #2 question above.

#5 WHAT IS YOUR TIMELINE? There's no point of spending our precious time if you are not serious about this. Un iba kasi, curious lang or nag-uusyoso lang without considering other people's valuable time as well. My timeline is, I want to start within the 6 months to a year... right now, I'm on the stage of finding good and experienced workers (e.g. architects, engineers, welders, etc.).

If you can answer the above questions, send me a private message so we can get started.
    Hi, ito rin ang naiisip ko ipatayo sa lupa ko..pero 40sqm lang siya at msikip ang dadaanan dhl rural village..pwede pa kya un?20ft lng nmn sna..but i wonder panu sya madedeliver..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ visit Zix Performance shop. atop his shop are 40 footer vans converted into rooms/accomodations for rent. nicely done, very compact and a clever way of utilising the empty space to generate income.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast