New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    P140k for a 40' x 8' x 8', plus foundation, insulation, windows and doors, floors, electricals, finishing, transport, etc?

mas mura pa din ang hollowblocks.
    depends... how much would it take to build a hollow block walled structure that is as strong as a 40 foot container in resisting earthquake forces?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    2yrs ago, we're able to buy a furnished 20" van as my mobile office at the plant for around 200k

-me hardiflex wall/ceiling
    - switch for 2 florescent
    - 2x2 windows
    - toilet with lavatory
    - provision for window type ac
    - breaker

Painted na eto. All you have to do is install your ac, tap electricity and water supply (+ septic tank).
    Not sure if the price is inclusive of delivery.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It would be better if you just weld together I-beams and C-channels. If you are worried about Earthquake too much, consider that people in Japan (where it quakes every hour or so, everyday) DO NOT live in container vans.

Honestly, the only reason I can think of, of staying inside something like this is that it can be made as a mobile office or transient house. But as a permanent residence? Definitely, no.

Initially, it would be cute. But overtime, it would be suffocating as it's too small. When you break it open to provide space, it trashes the whole point of using it. Ergo, it's so much better to live in a real house.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and if you don't use a contractor and manage the house construction by yourself the total cost will be the same or even cheaper. and you will not be limited by a that 8'W x 8'H.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It would be better if you just weld together I-beams and C-channels. If you are worried about Earthquake too much, consider that people in Japan (where it quakes every hour or so, everyday) DO NOT live in container vans.

Honestly, the only reason I can think of, of staying inside something like this is that it can be made as a mobile office or transient house. But as a permanent residence? Definitely, no.

Initially, it would be cute. But overtime, it would be suffocating as it's too small. When you break it open to provide space, it trashes the whole point of using it. Ergo, it's so much better to live in a real house.
    Agree here. It's also not so good for our tropical conditions where you ideally need high ceilings, large windows and long overhangs for good ventilation and protection against elements. We have one container van as a temporary site office in one project site but that has been scrapped for pre-cast buildings which can be broken down and re-assembled. Easier to handle, transport, and more flexible in the long run it seems as against a container van.

The ERAP City in Taytay uses container vans stacked up... panget.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It can be cheaper and more durable when compared to conventional construction. Although one major item to consider is the relatively low ceiling, especially if you are used to living in rooms with taller ceilings.

As for rockwool insulation, I have issues against using such material for insulation because it is not fireproof and it can breed bacteria & mold if it gets wet.
    Many Thanks for the input, I do agree with you in regards with low ceiling. How about Hi-Cube 9 ft. tall shipping container?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    planning to have my container dream house as well pero gusto ko is 20 footer na side by side lang.

problem ko lang is di kaya ako mahirapan mag secure ng permit sa subdivision. my lot developed by sta. lucia. patulan kaya ito ng building contractors if i give them the responsibility na gawaan ng concrete platform, septic tank and CR (the only fixed structure) and fence job?

195k ang kita ko sa sulit for a 20 footer na insulated and electrical wiring na plug and play na lang. transport might cost 12-16 daw at di na kailangan ng specialized equipment kung 20 footer lang.

30 Awesome Container Homes « The Tiny Life

in the link, i'm looking at the one designed in Sri Lanka sa tabi ng lake.

* Sir cpsolt, I have the same issues with you. Do land developer have a covenant in terms of building type of houses?

Sayang kung nakatiwang wang lang at tinutubuan ng talahib.
    Last edited by iOz; February 19th, 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013

Thanks for the input guys...Negative or positive it does help...

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    ang pagkakaalam ko, merong guidelines sila and to make sure that these guidelines are followed, meron silang construction bond/fencing bond na kailangan mong depositohan bago i-approve ng home owners ang pagawain mo. i believe na kung sa contractor na pamilyar ang developer ka magpapagawa, kayang palusutan ang planned construction mo.

ito ang dream container home ko:

important non urgent project ko sya. nagbabayad pa ako ng lupa at sasakyan sa kasalukuyan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    ang pagkakaalam ko, merong guidelines sila and to make sure that these guidelines are followed, meron silang construction bond/fencing bond na kailangan mong depositohan bago i-approve ng home owners ang pagawain mo. i believe na kung sa contractor na pamilyar ang developer ka magpapagawa, kayang palusutan ang planned construction mo.important non urgent project ko sya. nagbabayad pa ako ng lupa at sasakyan sa kasalukuyan.
    * sir cpsolt, I dont think it exist if you are talking about guidelines in construction type of building in the Philippines. Pagkakaalam ko sa mga exclusive village pero mangilan ngilan lang yan sa Pilipinas. Anyway thanks for the input * sir cpsolt. Hopefully maging totoo ang pinapangarap natin.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast