New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It would be better if you just weld together I-beams and C-channels. If you are worried about Earthquake too much, consider that people in Japan (where it quakes every hour or so, everyday) DO NOT live in container vans.

Honestly, the only reason I can think of, of staying inside something like this is that it can be made as a mobile office or transient house. But as a permanent residence? Definitely, no.

Initially, it would be cute. But overtime, it would be suffocating as it's too small. When you break it open to provide space, it trashes the whole point of using it. Ergo, it's so much better to live in a real house.
    I agree with you * horsepower, it looks suffocating though. But i was watching containerhomes.info, you can actually open up the wall as long as not more than half of the container.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post
    :
    Nice but BOILING HOT during summer in PH.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Yep * sir hein, looks nice and boiling hot. Di kaya magastos sa aircon ito? Dapat Hi Cube yung ginamit nila dito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    It shouldn't be that hot if enough insulation was installed.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarte View Post
    also sir make sure about the sealing ng gma singit singit para di pasukin ng alikabok or ulan
    Thanks * chrismarte, one of the most important things to remember when buying a shipping container van.

Inside the most viewed 2 x 40 ft. shipping container home.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    You can build this 2 x 40 ft. Shipping Container for under half a million. Mura na as holiday home.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    P140k for a 40' x 8' x 8', plus foundation, insulation, windows and doors, floors, electricals, finishing, transport, etc?

mas mura pa din ang hollowblocks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Mga guys, tanong ko lang. Do you think it will be practical and economical to have this kind of structure? May nag pm sa akin that he can build this for under half a million. 2 x 40 ft. hi cube van ang gagamitin nya instead of standard shipping container.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    may pic ka ba ng hi cube sir?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    may pic ka ba ng hi cube sir?
    * sir cp, I'll try to post it later. Mas mataas sya compared to standard shipping container.
    Height - Standard shipping is 8'6"=2591 mm
    High cube is 9'6"=2895 mm

as in malaki ang dimension ng high cube sa akin standard shipping container.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post

Thanks for the input guys...Negative or positive it does help...
    Magkano kayang magpatayo nito?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast