New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Newbie here mga sir... I was wondering if you need a building permit for this kind of structure. What kind of insulation material we need for thermal resistance? Is it really true that this structure is an earthquake resistance? I have seen a lot of architectural shipping container in the World Wide Web. How much would this 20,40 ft. shipping container cost now a days? Help mga sir....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post
    Newbie here mga sir... I was wondering if you need a building permit for this kind of structure. What kind of insulation material we need for thermal resistance? Is it really true that this structure is an earthquake resistance? I have seen a lot of architectural shipping container in the World Wide Web. How much would this 20,40 ft. shipping container cost now a days? Help mga sir....

Insulation: any typical insulation would work but the foam/foil type insulation sheets would be the easiest to work with inside the containers. Insulation is needed to keep the heat out. All sides should be insulated, although the floor could be left uninsulated since we are in a tropical climate.

Earthquake resistance: the containers individually are earthquake proof. But if you design a multi-container structure, it depends greatly on how each container was attached to the next one (was if welded? bolted or just held together with spit and snot). Also cutting portions of the container may weaken it too.

Building permit: I do think you will still need to have a building permit IF you are building a semi permanent structure with multiple containers. If it's just a single container dwelling, I think you can skip the permit since it can be declared as a movable structure.

Price depends on condition. Class B or Class C... etc

One seller:
    20 Footer Dry Container van class B PHP 95,000.00
    40 Footer Dry Container Van class B PHP 135,000.00

Another seller:
    20' Container - PhP 95,000.00
    40' Container - PhP 140,000.00

Yet another seller:
    Used Class "C" Shipping Container Vans for Sale!
    20' Container (unrepaired) - PhP 65,000.00
    20' Container (repaired) - PhP 80,000.00

Note: delivery cost not yet included. it may vary greatly depending where the container is currently stored (Manila, Cebu, CDO,. etc)

Last edited by ghosthunter; February 16th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You can bury them underground too, just rustproof them beforehand.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Marami niyan dito sa may Evacom....

Ginagamit ng patay-sindi....

18.2K:soccer2:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Thanks for the helpful input * sir ghosthunter. I think you are right about movable structure if its a single dwelling. And regarding about insulation, how about rockwool? Tama ba ako sir.
    I consider this type of dwelling since shipping container are sturdy. I dont know if this will come up cheaper or it will cost me more if I decided to have this type of container house.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    also sir make sure about the sealing ng gma singit singit para di pasukin ng alikabok or ulan

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013

How about two 40 ft. shipping container as house? I like this architecture...

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    planning to have my container dream house as well pero gusto ko is 20 footer na side by side lang.

problem ko lang is di kaya ako mahirapan mag secure ng permit sa subdivision. my lot developed by sta. lucia. patulan kaya ito ng building contractors if i give them the responsibility na gawaan ng concrete platform, septic tank and CR (the only fixed structure) and fence job?

195k ang kita ko sa sulit for a 20 footer na insulated and electrical wiring na plug and play na lang. transport might cost 12-16 daw at di na kailangan ng specialized equipment kung 20 footer lang.

30 Awesome Container Homes « The Tiny Life

in the link, i'm looking at the one designed in Sri Lanka sa tabi ng lake.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P140k for a 40' x 8' x 8', plus foundation, insulation, windows and doors, floors, electricals, finishing, transport, etc?

mas mura pa din ang hollowblocks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iOz View Post
    Thanks for the helpful input * sir ghosthunter. I think you are right about movable structure if its a single dwelling. And regarding about insulation, how about rockwool? Tama ba ako sir.
    I consider this type of dwelling since shipping container are sturdy. I dont know if this will come up cheaper or it will cost me more if I decided to have this type of container house.

It can be cheaper and more durable when compared to conventional construction. Although one major item to consider is the relatively low ceiling, especially if you are used to living in rooms with taller ceilings.

As for rockwool insulation, I have issues against using such material for insulation because it is not fireproof and it can breed bacteria & mold if it gets wet.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast