New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    No prob bro. Already referred Mr Kamote to someone I know in the area.

Apologies if I don't post much as I usually shy away from self serving topics.
    Don't apologize for being of help, sir. It's not like you were shamelessly plugging.Skyactive i-Stop engined cars - ALTERNATIVE BATTERIES.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    what i would like to know is how those LiFeP04 "smart" batteries perform with regular cars and cars with i-stop system..
    Been watching these, too. An equivalently sized batt for the 3 is about 7.25kgs, that's really light for a Q85 equivalent(Great for the weight conscious MX5 guysSkyactive i-Stop engined cars - ALTERNATIVE BATTERIES.). Non-gassing, w/ a life expectancy of what, 10years perhaps? They're about $400 currently.Skyactive i-Stop engined cars - ALTERNATIVE BATTERIES. Awaiting more real world longterm reviews....& a good price drop.Skyactive i-Stop engined cars - ALTERNATIVE BATTERIES.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Not sure if this is the right thread to say this so apologies if it isnt. Just want to say this forum is a great help to someone like me a car newbie. I learn so much everyday just by reading the comments. Again a big thanks to the community here.

press lightly on the brakes (but i do not recommend this)
    What do you mean by this sir? Thanks

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kamote View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread to say this so apologies if it isnt. Just want to say this forum is a great help to someone like me a car newbie. I learn so much everyday just by reading the comments. Again a big thanks to the community here.

What do you mean by this sir? Thanks
    I-stop will not trigger at stop if you're not pressing the brakes hard enough. the system reads the pressure applied on the brakes to trigger the i-stop.

i understand that the manufacturer's intention is to lower the carbon footprint by all means... its like the EGR and PCV.. to reduce pollution at the expense of the engine..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If you've a trickle charger like the CTEK MXS 5.0, you should be fine. Sadly, I'm far from you guys. Good sir Egan has mentioned 1, perhaps Wh1stl3r can help, too?Skyactive i-Stop engined cars - ALTERNATIVE BATTERIES.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    For the EFB batteries in the CX5 gas (with i-stop), do we charge just in CAR mode alone, or with the AGM option too (CTEK MXS 5.0)? Clarifying this as I'm getting mixed feedback.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    For the EFB batteries in the CX5 gas (with i-stop), do we charge just in CAR mode alone, or with the AGM option too (CTEK MXS 5.0)? Clarifying this as I'm getting mixed feedback.
    EFB: Car icon mode
    AGM: AGM or AGM+Recond

CTEK/Noco charger: battery types & charging modes explained

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    EFB: Car icon mode
    AGM: AGM or AGM+Recond

CTEK/Noco charger: battery types & charging modes explained

Thanks.
    I got confused because a guy from MX5 forum said he was advised by CTEK sweden to charge in CAR with AGM option, for EFB batteries using start/stop... and I also read that AGM doesn't benefit from Recond, as they're dry gels.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Anyone here already tried the Varta Silver Dynamic EFB Q85 as replacement for our Skyactiv iStop battery?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Anyone here already tried the Varta Silver Dynamic EFB Q85 as replacement for our Skyactiv iStop battery?

Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls Power Solutions Division, now owns Varta, Optima, Delkor, among others. Their batts are probably the most recognized. How are they priced? I won't bet on it to be much better than Yuasa or Panasonic in the tropics though.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I inquired last month at a Varta dealership at QC, they're selling Varta Silver Dynamic EFB Q85 around ₱10,000 with 18 mos warranty.

I bought Yuasa 95D23L Q85 EFB last 2019 for ₱14,500 with 2 years warranty at Mazda Makati

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I inquired last month at a Varta dealership at QC, they're selling Varta Silver Dynamic EFB Q85 around ₱10,000 with 18 mos warranty.

I bought Yuasa 95D23L Q85 EFB last 2019 for ₱14,500 with 2 years warranty at Mazda Makati
    That's around where most EFBs are priced. You checked Delkor & Energizer?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast