New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I have to admit that I didn't read the Owner's Manual so I have to ask you this, where's the current sensor? I don't remember seeing the sensor the last time I removed the negative terminal. I must have seen it but didn't recognize it. Kindly post a picture.
    Google Image Result for https://www.partsgeek.com/assets/products/fulln/128203-05870407-5XGNG58T.jpg

the black thingy on the negative terminal opposite to the bolt that you loosen to remove the negative terminal. there is a gray tab on the connector that you need to push toward the front of the vehicle before you can pull out the connector

service manual says you need to disconnect the connector before attaching the negative terminal to the battery. it cautioned that the "spark" when attaching the battery may damage the sensor.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Google Image Result for https://www.partsgeek.com/assets/products/fulln/128203-05870407-5XGNG58T.jpg

the black thingy on the negative terminal opposite to the bolt that you loosen to remove the negative terminal. there is a gray tab on the connector that you need to push toward the front of the vehicle before you can pull out the connector

service manual says you need to disconnect the connector before attaching the negative terminal to the battery. it cautioned that the "spark" when attaching the battery may damage the sensor.
    Thanks! I'll check that one tomorrow.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Hi any update on those who used non-EFB batteries for their CX5?

Need to replace batteries soon kasi and looks like double or even triple ang price ng EFB batteries.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by manong1 View Post
    Hi any update on those who used non-EFB batteries for their CX5?

Need to replace batteries soon kasi and looks like double or even triple ang price ng EFB batteries.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Stay w/ factory recommendations, sir. EFB prices have become reasonable. PM'd you a coupla sources.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sir puede pm mo din sakin. need to replace battery ng cx5 namin. wala stock amaron sa lazada kasi

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Stay w/ factory recommendations, sir. EFB prices have become reasonable. PM'd you a coupla sources.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Sir puede pm mo din sakin. need to replace battery ng cx5 namin. wala stock amaron sa lazada kasi
    Energizer has well-priced EFBs & AGMs. The Energizer SRPs below were from last year, not sure if they still hold..... Seek our good tsikoteer, Wh1st3r. He might be able to help you out, sir.
    PM'd you Delkor EFB(For Start/Stop) Distributor, too.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thank you sir

8. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Energizer has well-priced EFBs & AGMs. The Energizer SRPs below were from last year, not sure if they still hold..... Seek our good tsikoteer, Wh1st3r. He might be able to help you out, sir.
    PM'd you Delkor EFB(For Start/Stop) Distributor, too.

Sir travajante any efb battery shop you know of here in parañaque or south area? My original efb is 1 year and 6 months old already and kinda worried. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kamote View Post
    Sir travajante any efb battery shop you know of here in parañaque or south area? My original efb is 1 year and 6 months old already and kinda worried. Thanks
    Mayrun Energizer batteries sa GAT Performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kamote View Post
    If you've a trickle charger like the CTEK MXS 5.0, you should be fine. Sadly, I'm far from you guys. Good sir Egan has mentioned 1, perhaps Wh1stl3r can help, too?Skyactive i-Stop engined cars - ALTERNATIVE BATTERIES.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast