New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I thought I'd start this thread due to my unbelievably difficult task trying to find a suitable alternative battery for the i-Stop engines.

firstly....I live in Palawan, so its practically impossible for me just to drive to a Mazda dealer for any servicing or warranty issues.
    So when My battery started to fail and I discovered that my ONLY local battery supplier Motolite could NOT supply a battery for my CX5, I realised I had a BIG problem.

So after hours and hours of trawling through countless forums and websites and then checking with various suppliers, I managed to discover that some Mazda i-Stop owners had had success using a AMARON Pro 90D23L (1SMF) battery, available on Lazada with nationwide delivery!
    This was the ONLY option I discovered!

If anyone else has discovered other option which are AVAILABLE IN PHILIPPINES perhaps you can help others by posting them here!

Happy motoring.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Use the proper spec'd EFB or AGM Batts for Start/Stop vehicles. Johnson Controls has Delkor here in Ph. Nippon brands,Panasonic & GS Yuasa(what MazdaPh uses), also have EFBs locally. They're now more affordable.
    Once your new batt is hooked, extend its life by plugging a CTEK CT5 Start/Stop batt conditioner everytime the car is garaged. You can separately buy the ComfortConnect plugNplay harness for other cars you own. CC makes it convenient for them to take turns w/ that CT5. Just plug/unplug.[emoji106]
    CTEK CT5 & ComfortConnect. Grab em from Blade or Lazada

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Question: can the ct5 be used to other non istop batteries as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeckard View Post
    Question: can the ct5 be used to other non istop batteries as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, sir...
    CT5 START/STOP

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    I thought I'd start this thread due to my unbelievably difficult task trying to find a suitable alternative battery for the i-Stop engines.

firstly....I live in Palawan, so its practically impossible for me just to drive to a Mazda dealer for any servicing or warranty issues.
    So when My battery started to fail and I discovered that my ONLY local battery supplier Motolite could NOT supply a battery for my CX5, I realised I had a BIG problem.

So after hours and hours of trawling through countless forums and websites and then checking with various suppliers, I managed to discover that some Mazda i-Stop owners had had success using a AMARON Pro 90D23L (1SMF) battery, available on Lazada with nationwide delivery!
    This was the ONLY option I discovered!

If anyone else has discovered other option which are AVAILABLE IN PHILIPPINES perhaps you can help others by posting them here!

Happy motoring.

Sorry to hear about your logistics challenge. I have a Mazda 6 and recently replaced the Motolite EFB battery which lasted about 20 months. No, don't get another Motolite EFB! I have had 3 of them and they are terrible. One lasted 12 months, replaced under warranty and lasted around 14 months, the 3rd lasted 20 months because I started turning off I-Stop every time I used the car. My new battery is a Yellow Top AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat). Instead of fluid, it has gel inside. I read good reviews on it and I hope it lasts longer. Even if it just adds another year, it would already be cheaper. It costs PHP 2,000 more than the EFB batteries Mazda dealers sell. Mazda dealers have stopped selling Motolite EFBs because of bad feedback and now sell Yuasa instead. Dealers charge PHP 14,500 plus PHP 1,000 for installation. I almost bought an Amaron as I have switched our other non-I-Stop cars from Motolite to Amaron. Purchase the Q85 model Amaron for I-stop engines. Last time I checked it cost approximately PHP 11,500.00. All the best.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I'm on my 2nd year with the stock battery. Let's see how CTEK will be able to extend its battery life.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport View Post
    Sorry to hear about your logistics challenge. I have a Mazda 6 and recently replaced the Motolite EFB battery which lasted about 20 months. No, don't get another Motolite EFB! I have had 3 of them and they are terrible. One lasted 12 months, replaced under warranty and lasted around 14 months, the 3rd lasted 20 months because I started turning off I-Stop every time I used the car. My new battery is a Yellow Top AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat). Instead of fluid, it has gel inside. I read good reviews on it and I hope it lasts longer. Even if it just adds another year, it would already be cheaper. It costs PHP 2,000 more than the EFB batteries Mazda dealers sell. Mazda dealers have stopped selling Motolite EFBs because of bad feedback and now sell Yuasa instead. Dealers charge PHP 14,500 plus PHP 1,000 for installation. I almost bought an Amaron as I have switched our other non-I-Stop cars from Motolite to Amaron. Purchase the Q85 model Amaron for I-stop engines. Last time I checked it cost approximately PHP 11,500.00. All the best.
    Optima YellowTop is another Johnson Controls brand. A very good AGM, a superior option.[emoji106] Hope you can share its size equivalent to Q85s, sir. Try extending its service life even further w/ a CTek...for the archives.
    Thanks for sharing, sir.[emoji106]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Spend a ton to save a few drops of fuel at a stop?

That's just a rhetorical question. I'm curious if the i-Stop feature can be turned off.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

That's just a rhetorical question. I'm curious if the i-Stop feature can be turned off.
    Yes, it can be turned off. I don't use it and I only use it when I forget to turn it OFF.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

It's a feature to help us be kinder to momma earth, good sir. Were we not taught to be her good stewards growing up?[emoji4]The few drops saved you mentioned? Just some magnified bullcarp sales pitch for those who belong to the "1 born every minute" group.[emoji13]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast