New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I've driven a Mazda 6 when I was in the US. Among the 4 cars that I rented the Mazda 6 is way below my ratings. Didn't like the handling. fuel consumption and shock absorption of the car.

Eto comparison ko:

Actually nagtatalo pa ako kung tie ang Toyota Camry sa Hyundai Sonata. Kasi halos parehas lang ang comfort na naramdaman ko nung dala dala ko sila. Anyway ito ang ratings ko (1 is the highest).

1.) Toyota Camry (sometimes feel ko Hyundai Sonata nasa 1 din eh pero gawin na lang nating 2)
    2.) Hyundai Sonata
    3.) GM Pontiac Grand Prix
    4.) Mazda 6

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Didn't like the handling compared to the Camry??? Huh? I can understand not liking the stiff ride... but the Mazda6 handles way better than the Camry.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kha View Post
    tol, ok ang white..sobrang clear ng pagka white..merong bagong color, kaya lang d sporty...
    Ano 'tong color na 'to?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    baka the mazda 6 you got to drive wasn't in well condition

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    parang red mica metallic ng toyota, astoria red naman ng mitsu..mejo formal kasi e sporty yung car..ganda din nga blue, black at silver..lahat mganda

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I've had my 6 for three years now and I'm completely happy. None of the other cars I've tested fits me as well. I guess I can relate to the car quite well.

The 6 may not really be an athlete but it is athletic and very sporty.It's not an exotic car but it certainly looks good. It's more refined and a notch above most others (compacts), but it's practical and it's not flashy. It handles any situation well, it doesn't need to be loud or to brag to stand out, and it simply drives very well. The 6 might not be the fastest car on the road, but I don't think any other sedan handles as well nor gives as much confidence as the 6. I'm not a racer, a reckless driver, nor a daredevil, but smooth, open roads and the 6 do inspire me to drive beyond 160kph at NLEX, and to drive fast down Kenon road

My 6 is stock, except for a sports girlle just because I didn't want too much chrome. Now I want to upgrade to 4300k HIDs and to get larger rims when my OEM parts are due for replacement. If there are Mazda3 owners out there planning to sell their 17" rims, I'm interested

My 6 does 8.7km/L on average for city driving, and anywhere between 12-14km/L when I push it on the highway.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    has anyone tried upgrading their headlights yet?
    Last edited by irvdabird; April 27th, 2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: double-post

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by irvdabird View Post
    has anyone tried upgrading their headlights yet?
    I have plans to change the park lights (peanut bulbs) to those that emit white light (the bulbs itself are blue in color).

As for the headlights, the stock HID low beams are said to be the ideal kelvin-rating to use. (4300K) I rarely use the high beams so i'm not spending on that.

It would be nice to upgrade the fog lamps to HID's to make the car have a uniform light output. OR to use yellow HIDs on the fog lamps for that JDM look.

A very annoying fact about the Mazda6 is that there is actually a "dummy" projector. It is the 3rd orb counting from the outermost side. (in between the high beam and signal lights) I really wonder what it's meant to be...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jUs- View Post
    I have plans to change the park lights (peanut bulbs) to those that emit white light (the bulbs itself are blue in color).

As for the headlights, the stock HID low beams are said to be the ideal kelvin-rating to use. (4300K) I rarely use the high beams so i'm not spending on that.

It would be nice to upgrade the fog lamps to HID's to make the car have a uniform light output. OR to use yellow HIDs on the fog lamps for that JDM look.

A very annoying fact about the Mazda6 is that there is actually a "dummy" projector. It is the 3rd orb counting from the outermost side. (in between the high beam and signal lights) I really wonder what it's meant to be...
    US mazda 6 has its foglights integrated in the headlight assembly, as for us, it is located at the lower part of the bumper. the dummy orb there is where US 6s have their foglights on.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    You guys probably have the newer 2.3L Mazda6 w/ HIDs as stock headlights. My car is actually the earlier 2.0L model, which has Halogens as stock headlights, and has built-in fog lights inside those extra projectors you're refering to instead of on the lower bumper. I actually like the built-in fogs, and the projector halogens are pretty bright, but I really want to get HIDs.

You can probably install aftermarket HIDs on those extra projectors since you're considering HID foglights, although it seems a bit unnecessary since HIDs are already bright anyway. I also read elsewhere that you might actually compromise your long-range nightvision (which is more useful when driving at faster speeds) if your foreground illumination is too strong since this will cause your pupils to constrict.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Mazda 6