New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 385 of 448 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Most probably, your battery is about to die. I know, because I have a dying battery. You can expect next is the "Battery Management" and later will be the "check engine" indicator.
    [emoji3]
    Hmmm, I should probably have the battery replaced at my next pms visit next week.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Hmmm, I should probably have the battery replaced at my next pms visit next week.
    Make sure you have a jump-start battery. It will last for several days until you won't be able to start your car.

That portable JumpStart battery is so expensive! You will surely have a better deal online compared with the one from Ace hardware.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Make sure you have a jump-start battery. It will last for several days until you won't be able to start your car.

That portable JumpStart battery is so expensive! You will surely have a better deal online compared with the one from Ace hardware.
    I will probably just go for the battery replacement at my next pms visit. I just inquired how much the EFB type battery, it's ₱14k+ for the Yusana brand. I was also told that the iStop system reset is required after replacing the battery. Labor cost for this reset is ₱2100+. Overall cost for replacing the battery for an iStop system M3 ₱16,000+ (ouch [emoji24]).

Now I wonder if the iStop system reset is really required to be done at the casa. I think I can do it by myself after the battery is replaced at the casa, but I have this gut feeling that the casa service manager will insist that the reset should be done by them.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I will probably just go for the battery replacement at my next pms visit. I just inquired how much the EFB type battery, it's ₱14k+ for the Yusana brand. I was also told that the iStop system reset is required after replacing the battery. Labor cost for this reset is ₱2100+. Overall cost for replacing the battery for an iStop system M3 ₱16,000+ (ouch [emoji24]).

Now I wonder if the iStop system reset is really required to be done at the casa. I think I can do it by myself after the battery is replaced at the casa, but I have this gut feeling that the casa service manager will insist that the reset should be done by them.
    Try this iStop relearning DIY:

1. Warm the engine up. Turn everything electrical off that you can - radio, A/C, lights, chargers, etc. Bring it close to electrical load.

2. Switch the ignition off.

3. Switch ignition to on but dont start engine. Long-press the i-stop OFF switch for 3 s within 5 s after switching the ignition ON.

4. Start the engine.

5. Press the i-stop OFF switch. Verify that the i-stop indicator light (green) flashes and stays flashing. If it does not flash, go back to Step 3.

6. Allow the engine to idle for 10 minutes, or until the i-stop indicator light (green) turns off. Mine didnt stop flashing so after 10 minutes or so i just went to step 7.

7. Switch the engine off. Wait a minute or two.

8. Start the engine. Go for a drive, and check that the i-stop system operates normally. Those with i-stop will know that you may need to drive a mile or two until it activates. Remember that i-stop will not operate when (a) for diesels...when engines are in DPF regen mode, and (b) in those other conditions stated in the manual. Also, if a new battery was fitted, it may take some time for the new battery to fully charge up before i-stop will start working. Go for a decent drive so it gets fully charged.

9. If i-stop operates as normal, reset 's done.

Grab a Pana or Delkor at sub14k.
    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2017

Just had my batt replaced months ago. The technician just had the engine started first when they removed the batt hence no need for the reset. Never go with the istop from amaron. Only lasted 6 mos buti na lang warrantied for 15 mos.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_pido View Post
    Just had my batt replaced months ago. The technician just had the engine started first when they removed the batt hence no need for the reset. Never go with the istop from amaron. Only lasted 6 mos buti na lang warrantied for 15 mos.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip doc! I'll ask the casa mechanics to do the same when replacing the battery.

I was hoping that Amaron can be an alternative. So it looks like iStop mowners are stuck with the casa's battery shop...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thanks for the tip doc! I'll ask the casa mechanics to do the same when replacing the battery.

I was hoping that Amaron can be an alternative. So it looks like iStop mowners are stuck with the casa's battery shop...
    You have this there...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    You have this there...

Thanks sir! But where can I buy it?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thanks sir! But where can I buy it?
    Seek our good brother, Nelson de Leon. He'll hook you up...or check your nearest Panasonic dealer. EFBs are now available.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Seek our good brother, Nelson de Leon. He'll hook you up...or check your nearest Panasonic dealer. EFBs are now available.

Thanks Travs! I'll check out the Panasonic Q90. I saw a post from facebook that TPL Industries along west ave QC is selling this battery model.