New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 54 of 240 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    is it true that westlake tires is now known as goodride tires?

i recently bought a set of neuton nt5000 tires and i must say it's been a pleasant surprise. so far it's been grippy and quiet. its fairly thick rim protector is also a godsend ( the bridgestone turanzas i had used previously had none of this feature)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    is it true that westlake tires is now known as goodride tires?

i recently bought a set of neuton nt5000 tires and i must say it's been a pleasant surprise. so far it's been grippy and quiet. its fairly thick rim protector is also a godsend ( the bridgestone turanzas i had used previously had none of this feature)
    Yup, Westlake and Goodride are made by the same manufacturer.

What size are your Neutons? My friend and I both have 18x8 rims and 225/40R18 tires, but he uses Neuton NT5000s while I have Achilles 2233s. We switched cars and I noticed he has less grip and more noise, but on the flipside his rims looks better-protected with less chips.

Either that or I really suck with parking [emoji23] (but I wonder why all other cars I've owned don't get rim hits as often).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post
    Ok ba ang west lake tire? Me bodega sale.
    Welcome to Facebook
    Yung price nya ng 235/75/15 same price din sa Evangelista tire dealers, libre pa mounting, wheel balance, tingga

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    There are a lot more to tires than just the mileage you get out of them. Some of the traits I look for in my tires in order of importance:

Grip (wet and dry braking distance)
    Carcass durability (ability to resist punctures, cuts, scrapes, ply separations from falling into potholes, etc)
    Comfort & handling
    Noise (on the highway)
    Cut and irregular wear resistance
    Mileage

I used to have Duro and Nankang tires in my old cars and I never really liked them. They were fine for everyday use, but the sidewalls were stiff and any spirited driving had to be accompanied by ultra early braking. For the price though they were hard to beat. I never liked the Yokohama Aspecs on our Innova either. Tread is too slippery specially in the wet.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ok naman westlake. my civic uses westlake sv308 195 55 15 since 2010 or 2011 pa ata and up to now parang wala pang upod ang thread (but then again, after 2012 bihira na siya magamit).

my crv also uses westlake sv308 225 55 17 (2013 or 2014 ata ako nagpalit ng goma) and daily drive ko siya. siguro once a month, long drives to laguna (full load and passenger). and just last december inakyat ko ng baguio. thread is still thick.

yung nga lang maingay on highway and parang mas ok na mas mataas ng konti ang pressure (32 for the civic, 35 for the crv) grip is ok naman for wet and dry roads.

but then again, chillax mode lang ako magmaneho even on highways.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yup, Westlake and Goodride are made by the same manufacturer.

What size are your Neutons? My friend and I both have 18x8 rims and 225/40R18 tires, but he uses Neuton NT5000s while I have Achilles 2233s. We switched cars and I noticed he has less grip and more noise, but on the flipside his rims looks better-protected with less chips.

Either that or I really suck with parking [emoji23] (but I wonder why all other cars I've owned don't get rim hits as often).

205-55-r16. i was actually supposed to get them achilles 2233s but they were perennially out-of-stock so i had to settle for the neutons w/c were slightly more expensive than the achilles.

as for your rims getting dings, maybe it's because of the substandard quality of our roads. heck i know my last rim chip was due to a deeper than usual drainage in san juan. it was my fault to assume that that particular street depression was your usual run of the mill road anomaly

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sino ng nakasubok ng GT Champiro ECO? kelangan ng magpalit ng apat na gulong. Maganda yung experience ko sa GT Maxmiler CX hopefully ok din ang Champiro. BTW may silica compound na rin gaya sa yokohama.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    sir jut magkano kuha niyo sa achilles 2233? pwede po ba to sa civic 2000 mt? 195 55 15 po ung kukunin ko. thanks.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by luffin View Post
    sir jut magkano kuha niyo sa achilles 2233? pwede po ba to sa civic 2000 mt? 195 55 15 po ung kukunin ko. thanks.
    Should work with the Civic as long as you get the right size.

I got mine for 3.2k each, 225/40R18. But discounted kasi yan kasi bumili din ako ng rims from the same shop. Ang alam ko nasa 3k each na yan for R15 tires eh.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Yung price nya ng 235/75/15 same price din sa Evangelista tire dealers, libre pa mounting, wheel balance, tingga
    Bro anu name Ng dealer sa evangelist? Tia

Low budget yet good quality tires