New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    baka may shops po kayong alam in banawe na merong mga surplus parts pang kia carnival

--------------------------------

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

The original archived thread can be found at:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=9747&page=188
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 13th, 2010 at 09:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterZerg View Post
    baka may shops po kayong alam in banawe na merong mga surplus parts pang kia carnival
    saluna auto supply - #7419300

maliit lang ito pero halos korean car surplus ang tinda. harap ng dr. fe del mundo medical center (children's medical center) along banawe. mas malapit sya kung sa e rod and pasok mo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    magkano running price ng transmission ng kia carnival kaya?baka may nakapagtanong na sa inyo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rbhizon View Post
    Thanks way22. I will tell that to the mechanic of the casa.
    Actually the mechanic also suggested to have the transmission replaced even surplus.
    I don't know if this is the best solution to my problem. I just have bought my carnival for 4 days until it broke down. Now I'm thinking if I did the right choice of buying it. Though I really like to comfort of the ride but with this kind of repair, I'm not sure if I can afford it.
    my sister in law drives a carnival. and the automatic transmission was overhauled twice in wheels. each time she spent 50k++ for the overhaul. you may opt to have a second opinion at fronte in banawe. the korean owner has an automatic transmission repair shop behind. he specialize in korean, american, toyota and mitsubishi A/t.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hi guys

the dreaded "oil pump chain" problem has crept so I had no choice but to have it fixed. My carnival's odo reading is around 83k so I guess its really due for replacement.

overall, parts aren't really that expensive at goodgear (total cost was less than 4k which includes the chain, 3 sprockets, crank shaft oil seal & chain guide). Some 2 yrs back, I read somewhere in this thread that a quotation from a casa (signet I think) for the exact same parts would cost a staggering 26k! labor charged by my suking mekaniko is comparably cheaper at 3k (as against the 6.5k I am being charged by the mechanics on duty at goodgear) for 2 days work. Man, my mechanic and his assistant spent 1 whole day in disassembling parts that needed to be replaced.

looking back, benchph1 previous posts (some 90 pages back, hehe) really helped, particularly the pictures and part nos of every item. Just a word of caution though, be sure to bring sample of all component parts that will be replaced. In my case, the oil pump chain they initially gave did not match the sprockets it is suppose to fit in (even though I gave them the specs of my carnival. As a result, my car remained idle the whole of Sunday and I had to rush back to Goodgear the following day to have it replaced.

Overall, j3 engine now sounds crisper and the annoying grinding sound is finally gone.

cheers to all!

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi, just want share what happened to my AT. I feel that my reverse was getting weak already 2 weeks ago but as I needed the car so I kept using it. But last week the reverse was completely lost also I still kept using it for 3 days but this time with cautions. I remember someone was posting that Fronte have a repair sop for the automatic transmission. So I bring the car there last monday. Initial estimate was around 30K+ depends on what was the defect. But when I got it on wednesday, the total bill was 17.5K (10K for the labor, 1.7k for the ATF, 720 for an engine support and the rest is for the parts, brake band, bushing, gasket and others). Luckily, not many defective parts. But they have done a good job. Only thing is the labor is expensive.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    share lang po my new upgrade to my ride:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1...5998jpg.th.jpg

behave ng mga kids sa likod pag nunuod ng cartoons... hehe

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    share lang po my new upgrade to my ride:

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1970/dsc05998jpg.jpg

behave ng mga kids sa likod pag nunuod ng cartoons... hehe

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i am about to replace the shocks of my sedona this weekend.... i called Fronte and Goodgear and quoted me a korean replacement for front (2.2K) and rear (1.2K)... any feedback on these sets? ok lang ba itong korean replacements as compared to a more expensive KYB excel-g? if they are good enough then i will settle on it.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    My tires are showing signs of wear... ano kaya maganda pampalit? Okay ba ang yokohama? Any idea how much they cost? I'll be getting them at Evangelista this week. Thanks!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]