New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empoyoyot View Post
    *soluna_17
    Thanks sa info
    I already ordered 1 battery sa Kia Dasmarinas brand is 8.5K only brand is ACDELCO same spec as rocket 900CCA and 100AH delivery is today or tomorrow.

Btw, i did something stupid yesterday, i bought 1 set of brake shoe sa Goodgear since malapit na kasi ako sa goodgear and i feel that my handbreak is hindi na kumakagat that is why i decided to buy one hirap kasi ng pyesa sa area namin).
    nung nasa casa na ako sabi is makapal pa naman yung break shoe ko and adjustment lang ang kailangan. Now i dont know kung kailan ko magagamit yung break shoe.
    I want to dispose the break shoe and willing to give it for 900 only original price is 1080 (i still have the receipt). any one interested you may PM me possible meet up is cavite area and lapinas area only.
    Thanks
    Just want to update on the Battery...
    Unfortunately i didnt get the ACDELCO battery instead they gave me Rocket battery, ACDELCO as per them is out of stock and took me 2 weeks to get the Rocket and cost me 11.5K compare to ACDELCO 8.5K , after we installed the new battery i noticed that the acceleration improved compare before mas responsive na ngayon i dont know kung may relation sya sa OEM battery attached. Im now happy and no worry na baka masira starter ko because of hard starting.
    Rocket battery nga pala only has 12months warranty.

Also advice from KIA Casa kailangan na daw i adjust yung toppet (i dont know the spelling) maingay at mausok na daw yung van ko. they will charge me 3.6K together with PMS and change oil.
    Tanong ko lang diba self adjust yung toppet ng makina natin and 3.6K do you think is fair enough, btw kasama na pala yung 7L of oil, Filter and labor.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by empoyoyot View Post
    Just want to update on the Battery...
    Unfortunately i didnt get the ACDELCO battery instead they gave me Rocket battery, ACDELCO as per them is out of stock and took me 2 weeks to get the Rocket and cost me 11.5K compare to ACDELCO 8.5K , after we installed the new battery i noticed that the acceleration improved compare before mas responsive na ngayon i dont know kung may relation sya sa OEM battery attached. Im now happy and no worry na baka masira starter ko because of hard starting.
    Rocket battery nga pala only has 12months warranty.

Also advice from KIA Casa kailangan na daw i adjust yung toppet (i dont know the spelling) maingay at mausok na daw yung van ko. they will charge me 3.6K together with PMS and change oil.
    Tanong ko lang diba self adjust yung toppet ng makina natin and 3.6K do you think is fair enough, btw kasama na pala yung 7L of oil, Filter and labor.

Thanks in Advance!
    empoyoyot

I feel kinda worried medyo late etong post ko about rocket battery.

I am currently fighting tooth and nail with the rocket dealer in Kia Pasay about my warranty claim. My battery is just on its 14th month and yet I already started to notice some hardstarting specially in the morning. Had it checked by Kia mechanic and their diagnosis is a deteriorating battery condition. Alternator charging is normal, no signs of grounded wires but CCA is down to 620 which is unusual since rocket normally gives out 900CCA. Naturally I filed for a warranty claim but much to my surprise, they claim that of the 18 mos. warranty, only 9 months is in fact fully warranted, which means I have to shell out 6.5k before they could replace the battery. So I asked, wtf? this is the first time that I encountered this kind of bull crap when it comes to battery claim. I told them they did not make full disclosure of their unique warranty coverage because had they done so, I wouldn't have gotten their battery in the first place. Imagine 9k+ for that battery but with limited 9 mos warranty only? From the looks of it, rocket battery aren't really that durable and the dealer itself is not confident in giving longer warranty coverage. I am now coordinating with Kia Pasay to assist me and waive the supposedly pro-rata charge of 6.5k. I also just recently read on the New Kia Carnival thread that a similar claim was filed on 1 year old rocket battery which the car owner vigorously fought for and was subsequently granted. . . I am now hoping mine will get approved as well, will keep you guys posted.

So to all those who are planning to replace their batteries, I suggest you instead get the AC Delco 100AH battery, which has the closest spec to a rocket brand. the Kia service adviser actually disclosed to me that they are gradually shifting to this brand because of numerous warranty claims and complaints on the rocket brand and its authorized dealer.

Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by soluna_17 View Post
    empoyoyot

I feel kinda worried medyo late etong post ko about rocket battery.

I am currently fighting tooth and nail with the rocket dealer in Kia Pasay about my warranty claim. My battery is just on its 14th month and yet I already started to notice some hardstarting specially in the morning. Had it checked by Kia mechanic and their diagnosis is a deteriorating battery condition. Alternator charging is normal, no signs of grounded wires but CCA is down to 620 which is unusual since rocket normally gives out 900CCA. Naturally I filed for a warranty claim but much to my surprise, they claim that of the 18 mos. warranty, only 9 months is in fact fully warranted, which means I have to shell out 6.5k before they could replace the battery. So I asked, wtf? this is the first time that I encountered this kind of bull crap when it comes to battery claim. I told them they did not make full disclosure of their unique warranty coverage because had they done so, I wouldn't have gotten their battery in the first place. Imagine 9k+ for that battery but with limited 9 mos warranty only? From the looks of it, rocket battery aren't really that durable and the dealer itself is not confident in giving longer warranty coverage. I am now coordinating with Kia Pasay to assist me and waive the supposedly pro-rata charge of 6.5k. I also just recently read on the New Kia Carnival thread that a similar claim was filed on 1 year old rocket battery which the car owner vigorously fought for and was subsequently granted. . . I am now hoping mine will get approved as well, will keep you guys posted.

So to all those who are planning to replace their batteries, I suggest you instead get the AC Delco 100AH battery, which has the closest spec to a rocket brand. the Kia service adviser actually disclosed to me that they are gradually shifting to this brand because of numerous warranty claims and complaints on the rocket brand and its authorized dealer.

Hope this helps.
    Sorry to hear your story, could you please look at the backside of your warranty claim form there should be stamp indicating how many months is the warranty. mine has 12Months.

I hope they grant youre request, waiving the 6.5K

Goodluck

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xtresx View Post
    Sir, is it the nozzle tip of the fuel injectors? I had a 2002 sedona ang mausok din kapag naka idle. Thanks.
    Sir, suggestion ko lang po, while idle remove your air filter and check kung mausok parin pag nawala ang usok palitan ng Air Filter, if mausok parin alisin nyo naman yung connection ngTurbo then check again.
    Marami kasing cause ng mausok, baka need ng mag change oil, Fuel filter, EGR cleaning, also try mo pong pahugasan or pabombahan ng tubig yung tambutso nyo.
    para sakin kasi before mag punta sa expensive parts sa cheap parts muna ako and i'm sure ito rin muna sasabihin sayo ng calibration shop. basic troubleshooting.

Just my two cents

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *empoyoyot, maraming salamat sa tips. gawin ko muna yung suggestions nyo. And let you know kung ano ang culprit. :-) btw, nasa 2300+ km pa lang ang tinatakbo ng auto since last change oil.

Madali lang bang tanggalin yung EGR? DIY ko na lang sana para iwas gastos.
    *xtresx, walang anuman
    Hindi ko pa po naexperience na mag tangal ng EGR, one time ko pa lang po napalinis EGR ko kasabay ng change oil kasi kakabili ko lang po last december ng van ko, iniwan ko na po kasi sa CASA yung Van and after 2hrs bumalik po ako and nawala yung usok dahil daw sa madumi na daw EGR ko buti nalinis nila. kasama na po sya sa per hour labor ng CASA which is 400/hr.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Help naman yung front brakes ko lakas mag init pati ng mags ko nag iitim din sya pina check ko na at pinalitan na nila pati ang buong brake master nag adjust na din sila wala pa din ano ba possible solution dito pag mainit na siya humihina hatak ng carnival ko

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joellab2003 View Post
    Help naman yung front brakes ko lakas mag init pati ng mags ko nag iitim din sya pina check ko na at pinalitan na nila pati ang buong brake master nag adjust na din sila wala pa din ano ba possible solution dito pag mainit na siya humihina hatak ng carnival ko
    Nag stuck up yung brake mo, pa overhaul mo calipers mo muna.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    need help on the ff.:

where can i buy surplus interior parts?
    where can i find cheap leather seat covers?
    where can i find tint shops with expert installers?
    where can i buy surplus middle seats beside driver and front passenger?

car - kai carnival ls 2000 model
    location - pasig

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Can anyone who knows how (DIY) to remove the EGR and by cleaning it? Medyo mausok na kasi. Maraming salamat :-)
    First locate the EGR of your engine. If you have some knowledge to fix some mechanical things and have tools then it is a simple job.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi all...just found out today. Just sharing to all those who might be interested.

KIA FAMILY DAY AND SERVICE CLINIC

Calling all Kia Automobile owners, we will be having the Kia Family Day where our very own engineers will be around to diagnose and answer queries especially on technical matters about your vehicle. Visitors could also avail of the Service Clinic for your car needs.

February 26-27, 2011 | Mall hours | Open Parking A

For inquiries, please call 477-1788 to 90 or email smmkmarketing*gmail.com

It's all here at SM City Marikina, the hottest venue in the East!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179868335387980

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]