New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 309
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    767
    #11
    Hi guys,
    I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand 2008 Kia Carnival EX A/T and around 25K km mileage. Just would like to ask your help on to what particulars should I check and inspect. During test drive what should I focus into? Thank you very much in advance.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by way22 View Post
    Hi, just want share what happened to my AT. I feel that my reverse was getting weak already 2 weeks ago but as I needed the car so I kept using it. But last week the reverse was completely lost also I still kept using it for 3 days but this time with cautions. I remember someone was posting that Fronte have a repair sop for the automatic transmission. So I bring the car there last monday. Initial estimate was around 30K+ depends on what was the defect. But when I got it on wednesday, the total bill was 17.5K (10K for the labor, 1.7k for the ATF, 720 for an engine support and the rest is for the parts, brake band, bushing, gasket and others). Luckily, not many defective parts. But they have done a good job. Only thing is the labor is expensive.

    Hello, I have the same problem right now, Na experienced ko last Sunday na biglang nawala yung reverse ng canival ko 2001 model. I am looking for shop na makakapag repair nito and I saw your post. San ho ba yan Forte located? At ilan days ho nagawa yung car nyo? salamat in advance.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bryant0824 View Post
    Hello, I have the same problem right now, Na experienced ko last Sunday na biglang nawala yung reverse ng canival ko 2001 model. I am looking for shop na makakapag repair nito and I saw your post. San ho ba yan Forte located? At ilan days ho nagawa yung car nyo? salamat in advance.
    Fronte (hindi forte) is located in banawe area, (kabignayan st. if i remember correctly). mas malapit sya if you would come from e. rodriguez ave.. from the post the work took three days (monday to wednesday) but it's possible that the actual work is much shorter.

    mas maganda kung tawagan mo muna sila (pls use the search button, the contact number has been posted before) para mai-schedule nila

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_18 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand 2008 Kia Carnival EX A/T and around 25K km mileage. Just would like to ask your help on to what particulars should I check and inspect. During test drive what should I focus into? Thank you very much in advance.
    louie,

    Since your concern is about the new carnival it would be better if you post your query in the other thread (all-new kia carnival)

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    767
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    louie,

    Since your concern is about the new carnival it would be better if you post your query in the other thread (all-new kia carnival)
    Oh ok sir. Thanks. I didn't notice that the all new carnival has a separate thread. Thanks again sir

  6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    Fronte (hindi forte) is located in banawe area, (kabignayan st. if i remember correctly). mas malapit sya if you would come from e. rodriguez ave.. from the post the work took three days (monday to wednesday) but it's possible that the actual work is much shorter.

    mas maganda kung tawagan mo muna sila (pls use the search button, the contact number has been posted before) para mai-schedule nila

    *utakabo
    thanks a lot bro. Ok ba customer service ng Fronte? I'm going there tomorrow.

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    Fronte (hindi forte) is located in banawe area, (kabignayan st. if i remember correctly). mas malapit sya if you would come from e. rodriguez ave.. from the post the work took three days (monday to wednesday) but it's possible that the actual work is much shorter.

    mas maganda kung tawagan mo muna sila (pls use the search button, the contact number has been posted before) para mai-schedule nila
    Quote Originally Posted by teban13 View Post
    Ganyan din un sa case ko lalo na pag start mo dapat low gear muna, parang naging manual ung drive ko, sinabi ko na yan dati dunsa gumawa pero di daw sira solinoid, un mga disc daw at un break dun nasunog. pero ung nga hindi pa rin naayos, tapos nwala un reverse, may grinding sound sa loob pag nsa R un shift mo. yesterday na check nung pinsan ko, binuksan un transmision and we discovered na binutas ung filter sa loob, nakabili ako sa fronte P2500 un original nila, sa goodgear wala daw pero may makuha daw sila P4500 ang bigay sakin, hopefully bukas matapos na ito at malaman ko kung ok na at mwla na ung flashing HOLD. tnx sir sa reply

    *teban13 :
    I'm having the same problem right now regarding sa pagkawala ng reverse gear. Hirap ko sya i park dahil dito at need pa itulak kung mag reverse ako. I would like to ask kung paano na solve yung problem mo, any recommended shop or mechanic. thanks in advance.

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    Fronte (hindi forte) is located in banawe area, (kabignayan st. if i remember correctly). mas malapit sya if you would come from e. rodriguez ave.. from the post the work took three days (monday to wednesday) but it's possible that the actual work is much shorter.

    mas maganda kung tawagan mo muna sila (pls use the search button, the contact number has been posted before) para mai-schedule nila
    Quote Originally Posted by teban13 View Post
    Ganyan din un sa case ko lalo na pag start mo dapat low gear muna, parang naging manual ung drive ko, sinabi ko na yan dati dunsa gumawa pero di daw sira solinoid, un mga disc daw at un break dun nasunog. pero ung nga hindi pa rin naayos, tapos nwala un reverse, may grinding sound sa loob pag nsa R un shift mo. yesterday na check nung pinsan ko, binuksan un transmision and we discovered na binutas ung filter sa loob, nakabili ako sa fronte P2500 un original nila, sa goodgear wala daw pero may makuha daw sila P4500 ang bigay sakin, hopefully bukas matapos na ito at malaman ko kung ok na at mwla na ung flashing HOLD. tnx sir sa reply
    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    tnx sir yapoy for the very quick response



    i suddenly remember that a couple of members had posted the same problem before(if i remember correctly). where are these copper plates located sir, are they near the ignition switch or located near the motor itself?

    all the belts are relatively new, i had them (timing, serpentine and the other fan belt) replaced only last year. so is it most likely the crankshaft pulley?
    * yapoy: nabibili ba separately yung copper plate? actually I also have the same problem sa carnival 2001 A/T ko. minsan ayaw nya mga start pag mainit yung makina. need pa sya mag cool down bago mag start. Unan kong ginawa is pina recondition ko yung starter motor, then advice ng electrician i monitor yung ignition switch, kaya naglagay nya ng bypass wire from ignition to (+) terminal ng battery. Then it turn out na sa ignition switch nga yung problem since unmulit pa din at nagamit ko yung bypass wire na nilagay nya. I just need to switch on yung ignition key at tap yung wire sa positive, mag start na engine. Hassle nga lang since I need to open the hood pag nangyari to. pero mas ok na to kaysa mag wait ako mag cooldown yung engine which is 1-2 hrs. Big help itong info nyo sa copper plate. sana mas maka mura ako kaysa sa buong ignition switch. thanks...

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    233
    #19
    Bryant,

    yung copper plates ay nabibili ng hiwalay. solenoid repair kit ang tawag, mura lang yan at pwedeng mabili sa ordinaryong autosupply pero mas mabuting bakalasin muna at dalhin ang sample para sakto.

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8
    #20
    Utakabo,
    Bro , i tried asking Goodgear and Fronte sales rep about this but seems di sila familiar. Pls refer me kung saan auto part stores sya nabibili. Saka saan ba ito located near ignition swirch or sa stater motor? Thanks in advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by utakabo View Post
    Bryant,

    yung copper plates ay nabibili ng hiwalay. solenoid repair kit ang tawag, mura lang yan at pwedeng mabili sa ordinaryong autosupply pero mas mabuting bakalasin muna at dalhin ang sample para sakto.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]