The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2820
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    double post

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi, I'm a newbie here and I just bought a 2nd hand Kia Carnival A/T 2.9 1998 model. So sorry if my following questions/problems were already answered in this thread but please bear with me.

Days ago, my family and I went to mountain resort. I have no problem on the way there even on uphill. But when we arrived at the place I noticed na may ibang amoy inside the car na parang sunog. I also noticed na parang may kaunting smoke came out of the steering wheel. Hindi ko masyadong pinansin because I thought that it was just a fog because of the whether at the mountain. I turned off the engine and after awhile, I started it again and parked my car. Ok naman.

On our way home, with just few kms away kung saan kami nanggaling, suddenly the car stopped. The engine was still running but the wheels are no longer moving forward even the gear is in the "D" (drive) mode. I tried to change the gear to "R" (reverse) but nothing happened. I also tried "2" and "L" but still wala parin. Bottom line, I just called a towing company to tow my car.

Can someone help me on this?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Mr. Benchph1. I just hope you can help me on my problems too. I just bought a 1998 model Kia Carnival A/T. I like the ride and the space inside. Hindi matagtag, just like riding a simple car. But here is my problem, actually I already posted my problem on the page 188 but here it is.

I used my kia going to mountain resort. It's a 75 kms. There were lots of uphills. When we get there, I noticed na may kaunting smoke lumabas from the steering wheel and smells like parang may nasunog. I did not take it seriously, kasi baka fog lang from the mountain. On our way home, a few kilometers pa lang from where we went, while I'm on the "D" (drive) mode, it suddenly parang hindi na kumagat yung transmission. Until nag full stop na sya. I tried the other gears like "R", "2" and "L" pero wala talaga. The engine is still ON and I didn't see any sign of overheating. I have no other choice but to call a roadwatch and have my car towed.

What seems to be the problem? Please help me.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    anyone willing to help me can email me at rbhizon*smg.sanmiguel.com.ph

thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sounds like slipping clutch. nacheck mo na ba level ng ATF?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Honestly i don't know about mechanics. But I think I should learn now by using this site. I am really learning a lot.

Actually, my car is currently at the service center right now since yesterday. Until now they still not figure it out where the problem is. They checked the wirings but they said that it's ok. I will tell them to check on the clutch.

Thanks Bro.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The mechanic said that they found a burned ATF. They will need to bring down daw the transmission. Mahirap and matagal ba ito? How much kaya magastos ko?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi guys need help on kia trend carnival 2 parang local sedona po.... magkano and saan pwede bumili ng automatic transmission clutch pack, thanks..

I also need a service manual baka meron thanks

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hi rbhizon, I just remember I have some sort of problem like this before. There was a time I bring the car to casa for change of oil pump ( the well known problem) and likewise the other bearings and chain so they have to pull down the engine. After they assembled the engine, so suddenly the car will not run like yours. engine start and able to shift the AT but just wont drive the vehicle. So they have to pull down again the engine. This time they find a defective oil pump also but in the transmission. There is an oil pump in the automatic transmission which pum the ATF to drive the shifting solenoid. This may probably one of the possiblity. Hope this can help.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks way22. I will tell that to the mechanic of the casa.
    Actually the mechanic also suggested to have the transmission replaced even surplus.
    I don't know if this is the best solution to my problem. I just have bought my carnival for 4 days until it broke down. Now I'm thinking if I did the right choice of buying it. Though I really like to comfort of the ride but with this kind of repair, I'm not sure if I can afford it.

-------------------------------------

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

This discussion thread is continued at:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73132
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 13th, 2010 at 09:39 AM.

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]