New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 243 of 282 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 2820
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinlog View Post
    Hi Bro,

Oks ang analysis mo, I just added brake fluid (level was near Minimum)and the problem on the light indicator was gone...Maraming salamat!!!
    bro have your brake pad linings and brake system for leaks.. your brake pads might be running thin making your fluid level at minimum..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    guys, my carnival has been my chief ride lately and it has been running good but i have been experiencing two issues with it:

1. my foremost concern is the starting system - it sometimes doesn't crank the engine right away but rather it emits a loud weird and irritating sound (somewhat similar to when you drag a heavy object on a rough surface but much louder) and sometimes followed by a sound as if something is slipping. although in occasions that it cranks the engine, the engine starts right away. my mechanic mentioned about the bendix drive probably slipping.

2. when the engine is running, the usual rhythmic "chaga-chaga-chaga" sound of a diesel engine is accompanied by squeaking sound (like new rubber shoes the first time you use it on the court). noticeably audible when the engine is cold then goes away as the engine heats up but lately the sound does not completely go away even when i have ran the car for up to 30 km. i initially suspected the cold weather but i am a little bit more alarmed now.

did anyone among you experience the same? any advices you can give. i am trying to delay a little bit going to the mechanic as my schedule is quite toxic these days, besides, i am planning to have my corolla repaired first before addressing the carnival's problem (just in case the two problems i have mentioned above turn out to be not too serious - although my intuition is telling me otherwise)

TIA

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    * utakabo:

1. Starter for carnival use 2 copper plates as contactors that acts as the starter switch. When your switch the key to start position, the starter solenoid is activated to push the starter gear to the flywheel. Then the solenoid will also trigger the starter itself by connecting the 2 copper plates. The solenoid applies force to the copper plates to ensure good contact, but the copper is not hard enough and therefore get thin in time resulting to poor contact. When this happens, the contacts will not be able to trigger the starter motor and sometimes will make that "chatter" noise

2. Have your crankshaft pulley checked for slipping. This is very common to cars aged 5 years or more. Or the least is the serpentine belt that needs changing..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tnx sir yapoy for the very quick response

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    * utakabo:

1. Starter for carnival use 2 copper plates as contactors that acts as the starter switch. When your switch the key to start position, the starter solenoid is activated to push the starter gear to the flywheel. Then the solenoid will also trigger the starter itself by connecting the 2 copper plates. The solenoid applies force to the copper plates to ensure good contact, but the copper is not hard enough and therefore get thin in time resulting to poor contact. When this happens, the contacts will not be able to trigger the starter motor and sometimes will make that "chatter" noise

2. Have your crankshaft pulley checked for slipping. This is very common to cars aged 5 years or more. Or the least is the serpentine belt that needs changing..
    i suddenly remember that a couple of members had posted the same problem before(if i remember correctly). where are these copper plates located sir, are they near the ignition switch or located near the motor itself?

all the belts are relatively new, i had them (timing, serpentine and the other fan belt) replaced only last year. so is it most likely the crankshaft pulley?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post

thanks for this one. this reminded me to check on the belt. great info too on the workings of the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Hi bro. Happy new year to you as well.

I hope you have time to post a photo of your Carnival with the white sidewall tires installed. I imagine them having an elegant, semi-classic look.
    hi mikey, i finally reminded myself to get a pic of the car. i am ok with the looks of white-striped tires. what do you think?

but still, it's a pain to keep the white stripe pristine, especially in the front tires.

altec, any update on your sedona?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Verify ko lang po kung ilang ang teeth ng Timing belt ng Kia Carnival model 2000, Yung 1st gen na J3 po ang makina. Kasi dalawang klase daw po yun. isang 151 tska 153, undecided ako kung ano ang bibilhin. Also yung Timing belt ng 4G63 as per mitsu maraming klase daw ng 4G63 Engine, ask nila kung pang anong modelo ang paggamitan ng Timing belt. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mga sirs... unfortunately, i have another problem with my carnival and this time its the worst problem. after replacing the air filters, oil filters, fuel filters, ATF, cleaning intake manifold, cleaned turbo, replaced injectors... the cause of the problem is the automatic transmission.

hirap kasing humatak yung sasakyan ko... kailangan tapakan ko madiin yung accelerator para pumick-up... most of the time pinipindot ko pa yung hold or overdrive para bumilis. sobrang mausok din. bumaba ng bumaba yung consumption from 10/ltr to 7.5/ltr to now 5/ltr nalang.

na check na nung wheels sa e.rodriguez and kailangan na daw ibaba yung transmission. nag inquire ako ng bago/surplus na automatic transmission and its P40,000.

ang good news lang is umaandar pa sya kahit paano...

baka po may suggestion ko kung saan ko pwede paayos? iniisip ko sa fronte o kaya sa examiner. kasi sabi ng kasa, kailangan daw ng computer kaya nagdadalawang isip ako.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Diesoline,

Hopeless na talaga ang kia casa dito sa amin. My car is not yet out. I paid another 5,400 to have it calibrated with parts replaced that I don't know, they won't show me the breakdown. When I got the unit, i noticed walang power. So returned it to them. Initially, they thought the timing was off and checked. They told me today that they are sending the injection pump AGAIN to their current calibration shop for backjob. Hay nakow, bobo talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    grabe naman yan.. yung carnival namin dati nabili namin 2nd hand (2001 model), ako lang ang nag maintain at palit ng mga worn out parts, 2years pa namin ginamit until trade in namin last year walang problema.. lakas humatak at kaya pa din sumabay sa mga bagong labas na sasakyan. hindi din mausok

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aaalen View Post
    Verify ko lang po kung ilang ang teeth ng Timing belt ng Kia Carnival model 2000, Yung 1st gen na J3 po ang makina. Kasi dalawang klase daw po yun. isang 151 tska 153, undecided ako kung ano ang bibilhin. Also yung Timing belt ng 4G63 as per mitsu maraming klase daw ng 4G63 Engine, ask nila kung pang anong modelo ang paggamitan ng Timing belt. Thanks!
    yung carnival ko 2001 model 151 teeth.. bro i suggest you buy the original part CONTITECH ang brand Made in Germany.. nasa 3,500 pesos ang price nyan (maybe lower pa) iba kasi yung quality at hardness nung original timing belt.. remember that 4G63 is gas engine while J3 is diesel.. mabigat ang injection pump ng J3 kaya baka maputol lang ang timing belt na pang 4G63..

yung original timing belt ko andito pa sa akin nakatabi.. nagpalit ako nito at 90,000 kms, yung orig belt buong buo pa.. wala man lang signs na mapuputol na

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]