New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You don't get more brake heat from high inflation pressures. You get excess heat from the road due to sidewall flex, which happens more at lower pressures (as seen in the Firestone-Explorer scandal).

I've run 45 psi in the Crosswind for years with no excessive center tread wear. In fact, the outside of the tires still wears out first.
    Ang galing mo talaga chief! ;)

Would you highly recommend then that i/we increase my/our tyre pressure across all the wheels?

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by d_mac; February 4th, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Ang galing mo talaga chief! ;)

Would you highly recommend then that i/we increase my/our tyre pressure across all the wheels?

Thanks for the advice.

I do, but it depends on how much you're comfortable with. Of course, if your route has a lot of very sharp edged bumps, you may want to keep close to stock pressures in order to avoid suspension issues.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    mga bossing.... 08 isuzu dmax 4x2 owner here.... nag worry nmn ako sa nbasa kong pwede mag overheat yung tires under 30psi on long driving... I maintain mine at 30psi lng kc... hindi kc kgandahan yung mga interior roads dito sa dvo plus i go to construction sites often. can somebody advise me on what pressure shud i maintaino on 265/70 r16 tires? i usually travel just around the city most days, do a long drive on weekends...

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^30psi is just normal for your tires and rim size. That's probably the Manufacturer's recommended tire pressure. You can increase it to 35 psi and 36/37 at the rear

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Look at your driver side door. Nakasulat naman yun dun.

But generally, SUVs/pickups have recommended pressures of 35-38.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

:old::old::old:

+10 bro, saka asa sayo nadin yan kung anu mas komportable pakiramdam mo pag tumatakbo na sasakyan mo. mararamdaman mo naman yaan kung matagtag o pino ang ikot ng gulong mo kapag natakbo na sasakyan mo, kung wala sa gilid ng pintuan mo naka lagay yung satndard psi para sa gulong mo e sa may sun guard dun nalagay. maliban nalang kung na scrip na ang sasakyan mo edie mo talaga makikita yaan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The door sticker of most Isuzus recommends 26-28 psi. If you're driving mostly at low speeds on rough roads, 30 psi is okay, provides a little more cushion against bruising, at the expense of a tiny bit more fuel consumption.

Then pump the tires a little higher for security on weekends (how much higher depends on where you're driving to). Works out. You're supposed to check the pressures regularly, anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm curious, why does the 11th gen Altis recommend 32 for for Front and 30 for Rear?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Usually for FWD, tire pressures sa front is higher as the front carries both the engine and drivetrain already which makes the car front heavy

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i use the rated psi as pasted behind the driver, and add 10%.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i use the rated psi as pasted behind the driver, and add 10%.
    What is your reason for this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What is right tire psi?