New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    What is the right tire psi of suv with a tire size 265/70 16".

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Look at your driver side door. Nakasulat naman yun dun.

But generally, SUVs/pickups have recommended pressures of 35-38.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Thanks sir, bukas titignan ko sa driver side door.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunter View Post

The Driver's side pillar (not door) for the 2011 Alterra recommendation is PSI 26 unloaded and PSI 29 loaded.......important...these are "cold" readings.

However, I ride, mostly unloaded, on PSI 30 which gives me a more "sure-footed" feel for stability, and a major increase in fuel economy.

Personally, I find PSI 35 might be OK for pickups rear, but would recommend experimentation by yourself to find the "ideal" PSI for your personal driving style, roads usually travelled and comfort/fuel economy compromise.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ako naman, sa 265/70 R16, 33 or 35 psi. Dyan mo lang laruin yun pressure.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhunter View Post

Hi sir JHunter,

Ang sagot diyan chief sa tingin ko lang ay humigit-kumulang or more or less lang sigurado ahihi

Cheers at happy new year! ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Minsan in kpa nakasulat sa driver side. But 30-35 should be the norm.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Generally, you should follow the door pressures. They'll give you the best comfort at the "unladen" pressure. If you are carrying heavy loads, use the "fully loaded" recommendation. This will give you better economy, too.

-

If the door sticker suggests a pressure under 30 psi (as Isuzu door stickers typically do), disregard and use 32-35 psi (minimum), as this is safer on the highway. Pressures under 30 psi can lead to tire overheating and blowouts when driving at high speeds over long distances.

-

Note that the door sticker is merely a minimum safe recommendation. If you don't mind a stiffer ride, you can go higher. I typically use 40-45 psi on my Crosswind's 235/70R16 tires. Gives better economy and better handling. If the pressure is too high, however, the front tires start to tramline on the highway, so adjust accordingly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Generally, you should follow the door pressures. They'll give you the best comfort at the "unladen" pressure. If you are carrying heavy loads, use the "fully loaded" recommendation. This will give you better economy, too.

-

If the door sticker suggests a pressure under 30 psi (as Isuzu door stickers typically do), disregard and use 32-35 psi (minimum), as this is safer on the highway. Pressures under 30 psi can lead to tire overheating and blowouts when driving at high speeds over long distances.

-

Note that the door sticker is merely a minimum safe recommendation. If you don't mind a stiffer ride, you can go higher. I typically use 40-45 psi on my Crosswind's 235/70R16 tires. Gives better economy and better handling. If the pressure is too high, however, the front tires start to tramline on the highway, so adjust accordingly.
    Sir Niky, will having higher psi on your tires affect or soften your suspension/shock absorbers in the long run or eventually damage it?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    Sir Niky, will having higher psi on your tires affect or soften your suspension/shock absorbers in the long run or eventually damage it?
    Good question. If the tires are too stiff and the suspension can't handle it, yes, there will be premature wear on some parts. 40 psi, however, should not be too high for that size of tire. There will still be some give in the sidewall.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What is right tire psi?