New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ... two words: GENE OREJANA!!! Give them some media exposure if they ignore you or give you a run-around!

BTW, for your info, there is a "Lemon Car Law" passed a couple of years back but yet to be tested in our courts!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If rust has formed this early, who knows how many parts are already affected by the rust, there is something wrong when the unit you got was built. The defects will keep on coming out, the older your car becomes, the dealer is just buying time until your warranty expires. It is best that you consult a lawyer now and document all the things that have gone wrong with your car, the more you delay, the harder it will be to get a replacement.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    the relevant law here is the consumer act of the philippines (republic act no 7394, passed 13 april 1992). as far as i know the lemon law specifically directed for car manufacturers is still a senate bill (sb 1812) thus it is not law yet. be that as it may, you can find comfort in the consumer act under the following provisions:

1. in title III (PROTECTION AGAINST DECEPTIVE, UNFAIR AND
    UNCONSCIONABLE SALES ACTS OR PRACTICES), chapter I (DECEPTIVE, UNFAIR AND UNCONSCIONABLE
    SALES ACTS OR PRACTICES), article 50(c) says that an act or practice is deceptive if: "a consumer product is new, original or unused, when in fact, it is in a deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed or second-hand state"

2. in chapter III (CONSUMER PRODUCT AND SERVICE WARRANTIES), article 66 (b)(4) on enforcement of express warranties provides: "(t)he warranty rights can be enforced by presentment of a claim. To this end, the purchaser needs only to present to the immediate seller either the warranty card of the official receipt along with the product to be serviced or returned to the immediate seller. No other documentary requirement shall be demanded from the purchaser. If the immediate seller is the manufacturer's factory or showroom, the warranty shall immediately be honored. If the product was purchased from a distributor, the distributor shall likewise immediately honor the warranty. In the case of a retailer other than the distributor, the former shall take responsibility without cost to the buyer of presenting the warranty claim to the distributor in the consumer's behalf."

there are other provisions in the law especially on the liability of salespersons and agents. check this out also.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    here is the link to the news article on the lemon law senate bill:

http://www.malaya.com.ph/oct03/metro2.htm

the bill was filed only this october 2004

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thank you very much to all those who replied at nagbigay ng mga information.

Akala ko mababaon na itong thread na ito at baka wala mag reply. Hindi ko kasi maaccess itong tsikot.com (sobra bagal, at di nagdidisplay ang page) gamit ang destiny cable sa bahay at ngayon ko lang nakita ang mga reply nyo. Mejo weird, dito kasi sa computer shop, gamit ang Greendot dsl, ok naman.

Nagkokonsulta ngayon ako sa mga marunong sa kotse dito sa amin kung normal itong mga problems na na-eencounter ko. Ayoko rin kasi mag submit ng formal complaint tapos ay normal lang pala ang problems na naencounter ko. Pagkabasa ko sa mga posts nyo, di pala normal ang kalawang sa new car, may problema nga ito sa pagka-assemble at pagkapintura.

Sabi kasi ng isa dito sa amin, baka daw dahil maulan last august pagkabili ko kaya nababad sa basa at na corrode agad. Wala kasing silong dun sa parking space sa bahay. Sabi nya yung mga turnilyo (malalaking bolt) daw sa likod at yung ginamit sa sabitan ng spare tire ay talagang kinakalawang. Pero sabi ko, bakit yung mga naka street parking, pag umulan babad talaga yun. At taon ang binibilang bago may lumabas na kalawang sa ibang sasakyan. At nagtataka rin ako kasi di ba dapat may sealant sa mga bolts sa ajoining surfaces pag may kinabit na metal to metal contact tulad nung lalagyan ng spare tire? Yung mga malalaking turnilyo pede ko pa matanggap na talagang kinakalawang pero yung ajoining surface ng lagayan ng spare tire na nakalapat sa back door, di dapat kakalawangin agad. Eh di malamang pumasok yun sa mismong metal surface ng backdoor.

Sana mag reply yung mga tsikoteers dito na connected sa isuzu tungkol sa issue na ito na naranasan ko. Dun naman sa mga may ari ng crosswinds, gaano po katagal bago may nadevelop na kalawang sa inyo sa mga parts na nadescribe ko?

So far ay maganda ang service na nakita ko sa sales agent at service advisor ng isuzu pasig. Pero itong issue ng replacement, tama kayo na sa sales manager dapat i-address.

Salamat po sa inyong mga insights. Contradicting opinions are also welcome.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    *kelvin
    i dont think na dahil laging nauulanan lang ang brand new car, eh prone to rust na kaagad siya. i mean itwould take some serious time to rust up.

yung car nga namin 13 years na eh wala pa akong makitang visible na kalawang so body eh.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    may 5-year warranty yan... if ayaw palitan yan demanda mo... ayala ang may-are ng isuzu phils... idiretso mo kaya sa kanila baka kasi manager ang may pakana eh...

dapat yan replacement car plus incentives (cash, goods, etc...) for the damage, pwede mo kasi sila idemanda at masisira sila... tawag ka sa DTI consumer complaint at 8904932

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hi,

Just would like to ask, if you where to buy a new car. It is possible to test drive, inspect and reject the car before taking it home? Is there something like a paper you sign that you are receiving the car in good condition? Para pang bibili ka ng bagong TV, you can ask the salesman to test the unit before getting it.

Kasi I have never experienced buying a new car through normal means (e.g. buying it from a dealership). Most of the time we just buy 2nd hand cars, or we pick sa planta which car we want. Pasensiya na sa ignorant question and slightly off topic. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the only thing you sign when you get your new vehicle from the dealership is a "check list", which lists things like floor mats, jack, set of tools, tail lights, fog lamps, spare tyre, HU, cigarette lighter, etc. it's just a go-around of the vehicle to see that the accessories and other stuff that should go with your purchase are all there. it is not a waiver to any of your rights since those are protected by law.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    van_wilder,

According to the warranty booklet, the crosswind warranty is only 2 years or 50,000 km whichever comes first. Thanks for the number of the DTI consumer complaint. I heard of stories of other dealers replacing the car because "tumirik" ng gamit na ng customer. Nagdemand yung customer kaya ganun. Yung pinalitan dahil sa rust, ang narining kong istorya ay yung sa US lang. Sa ibang readers, may narinig na po ba kayo na similar sa case ko dito sa atin?

jkyamog,

When I got my new car, I signed a vehicle sales invoice (cost of the car) and vehicle delivery report (checklist of items included with the car). Both papers have "Received vehicle and extras listed herein in good condition" under which you sign your name.

When you are about to buy a new car, don't rush it as I did. Inspect it thoroughly just like buying a second hand unit. Check everything, especially how it was built, you will notice how well it was built by the parts alignment, paint job, loose screws, signs of rust, etc. Bring a good mechanic with you to inspect the new car. I'm not sure if you can test drive the one you want to purchase. I didn't test drive mine, yes I know, it was a mistake.
    If the color you want is not available, wait again, go to the plant if that is acceptable to the dealer. The friend of my brother inspected a number of new cars in the plant (different car brand) before settling on the one he bought. They clearly saw many signs of poorly assembled new cars. If you know someone in the plant, the better, ask him for his help in choosing a well built car if that is possible. I heard (I'm not sure if true) that those in the plant know the problems of the new cars (kung saan yung mga tama). At siyempre, hindi daw binibigay yung info na yun.

Sadly, I only heard about this things after I experienced the problems in my car. I should have been extremely careful. As chieffy said in one of the posts, P975k for a new car is no joke. Buy carefully.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Pls Help! Rust developing & other problems on new 2-month old Crosswind XUV AT 2004