New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 177 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ra_supremo View Post
    mga sir! plano po namin kumuha ng 2nd hand, na crosswind xuvi, ano po kaya ang mga dapat ko icheck. salamat po mga sir. dapat po kc innova, [SIZE="4"]sabi ng ate ko muka daw po pang matanda[/SIZE], ang crosswind mataas at macho dating.
    Hehehe! You got a [SIZE="4"]C-O-O-L[/SIZE] Ate...

Seriously, just like any other 2nd hand diesel vehicle one wants to buy. Of course, having complete service records would be plus for this would give you an idea how well the current owner took care of his Crosswind. Likewise, this would be your reference of what was already replaced and when.

If you are a non-tech guy (like me), best you bring a TRUSTED technician to check the vehicle for you. he would be competent to give you a clear idea if the car is worth buying or not.

Good luck bro!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thanks sir sa advice, ganun n lng po gagawin ko magdadala na lang ako ng mekaniko. tama po kayo cool ang ate ko.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tama un, then if ever makuha mo na ung unit make sure na macheck ulit ng mekaniko, para malaman mo kung ano na pa ang mga dapat ng palitan like break pads etc.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Whichever unit you finally get, just make sure that the 1st few stuff in the list would be the SAFETY-RELATED checks: Brakes, clutch (if MT), fluids, tires, engine.

Objective is to bring it back to "000" state. You would not want to put you and your loved ones' life on a vehicle that is ???, right?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Guys, anyone tried to mix kerosene with diesel? A certain Mr. JV give me a tip how to reduce black smoke. He told me he always put 1 liter of kerosine for his full tank of diesel. He noticed that I requested from car wash shop to cleaned my car's tambutyo (Crosswind XT 2004). It took 4 times of flushed water (I installed a water pipe that can be open and lock near the exhaust pipe) to removed sticky black carbon from exhaust pipe down to muffler. I'm doing this once every 2 weeks. Kung hinde maitim yun usok lalo na sa umaga.

He said, it helps to reduce black smoke. He shown me his car manual (MB100 diesel van) about it. Actual it says there that 30% of your gas should be kerosine but thats for countries with cold weather. He told me also that some of FX (diesel type) with megal mall route are using it. I hesitate to follow 'coz I'm worried it might damaga engine's part. Any comment or inputs? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxout View Post
    Guys, anyone tried to mix kerosene with diesel? A certain Mr. JV give me a tip how to reduce black smoke. He told me he always put 1 liter of kerosine for his full tank of diesel. He noticed that I requested from car wash shop to cleaned my car's tambutyo (Crosswind XT 2004). It took 4 times of flushed water (I installed a water pipe that can be open and lock near the exhaust pipe) to removed sticky black carbon from exhaust pipe down to muffler. I'm doing this once every 2 weeks. Kung hinde maitim yun usok lalo na sa umaga.

He said, it helps to reduce black smoke. He shown me his car manual (MB100 diesel van) about it. Actual it says there that 30% of your gas should be kerosine but thats for countries with cold weather. He told me also that some of FX (diesel type) with megal mall route are using it. I hesitate to follow 'coz I'm worried it might damaga engine's part. Any comment or inputs? Thanks.
    It is possible (and is said to reduce black smoke emission) BUT I do not recommend it.

Why?

Kerosene mixed with diesel fuel would make the viscosity of the latter. This would definitely affect the properties (composition) of diesel fuel -- including it's lubricating properties -- ergo, may have negative effects on the performance of the injectors and nozzle.

Short of saying, this may cause problem with your engine ---- in the long run.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Running a kerosene/diesel mix would certainly void any vehicle warranty. Should engine damage occur, and the dealer finds it related to kerosene, you will pay the full cost.

Why use kerosene? Diesel more plentiful and lower cost.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rademamj View Post
    Running a kerosene/diesel mix would certainly void any vehicle warranty. Should engine damage occur, and the dealer finds it related to kerosene, you will pay the full cost.

Why use kerosene? Diesel more plentiful and lower cost.
    Well, as he reasoned out, it was intended to allegedly reduce black smoke. Yes, I agree that it would definitely void the warranty but as he mentioned too, his Crosswind already ran 100,000 kilometers --- past warranty period na rin.

Still, read and think about my previous post. More than the warranty, it's the possible effects on the engine I am worried.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    So how to reduce or elimenate the black smoke?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmags View Post
    So how to reduce or eliminate the black smoke?
    Well, regular change oil, proper adjustments and regular cleaning of the muffler would.