New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi po to all:

Our family is looking for another car and we are narrowing our choices.
    We are looking deeply into Santa Fe diesel engine. Just have some questions to those who actually own one.

a. Which one did you get CRDI 4 x2 or the 4 x4?

b. What made you choose it over the other?

c. What's the pro and cons between the two.

d. On which dealer did you get the unit. Are you happy with their after sales service?

Thanks to all

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi sir/ma'am thecount123

a. I got 4X2

b. Because its cheaper and I had no use for 4X4 since I stick to Metro Manila and maybe nearby provinces which are all well paved.

c. Obviously the 4X4 is the better car and the price states it. The price difference between the two is like P130,000 more or less. For that P130,000 you get a passenger side airbag (the 4X2 is driver only) and of course the 4X4 (I am just not sure on demand sya or full time better ask our 4X4 bros. on this...) Its totally you choice that fits your need and budget.

d. I got mine at Hyundai Quezon Avenue since they offered me better discount (for cash purchase) than the other Hyundai dealers I also talked to (Hyundai E. Rod Sr and Hyundai EDSA). Their after-sales is very good pero take in with a grain of salt since I have been there only once during my 1000km checkup.

Good luck on your car buying, I hope you pick the one that truly suits you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thecount123 View Post
    Hi po to all:

We are looking deeply into Santa Fe diesel engine. Just have some questions to those who actually own one.

d. On which dealer did you get the unit. Are you happy with their after sales service?

Thanks to all
    Go for Santa Fe!

I got the 4x2 CRDi. No need for 4x4, usually city driving lang ako. I think 4x4 have lower FC since its heavier. Also, the 4x4 disengages when running > 40kph (per vehicle manual)... its also 130K cheaper. You can use that to buy upgrades instead.

Bought from Hyundai Manila Bay - SA Raffy Ricarte, got huge discount. Try to call him - 0906-5567798. 35K discount, Free Insurance and LTO, tint, etc. for cash transaction... probably better discount for financing. I'm happy with after sales so far, mura lang yung 1K PMS ko, its less than 3K.

Read from the Santa Fe thread... you should get a lot of info there.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi po to all:

Thanks to all
    Go for Santa Fe!

I got the 4x2 CRDi. No need for 4x4, usually city driving lang ako. I think 4x4 have lower FC since its heavier. Also, the 4x4 disengages when running > 40kph (per vehicle manual)... its also 130K cheaper. You can use that to buy upgrades instead.

Bought from Hyundai Manila Bay - SA Raffy Ricarte, got huge discount. Try to call him - 0906-5567798. 35K discount, Free Insurance and LTO, tint, etc. for cash transaction... probably better discount for financing. I'm happy with after sales so far, mura lang yung 1K PMS ko, its less than 3K.

Read from the Santa Fe thread... you should get a lot of info there.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi po to all:

Thanks to all
    a) 4X2, its faster coz its lighter.
    b) no need for 4x4 feature. its 4x4 is more of a CRV 4x4 rather than Land Cruiser 4X4. in order words. its not a heavy duty 4x4
    c) Price vs Features, pls look it up in the SF thread.
    d) Hyundai QA, been there 3x. so far no complaints. My advice is to shop around for the best deals before you buy. you can buy from 1 dealer and have it serviced by another dealer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks alot for the informations and sharing your valuable experiences.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, I'll go for the 4x4... the extra security is well worth it. Still, it ain't as needed here in the Philippines compared to other countries but it's nice knowing that your vehicle has one. Sure, it ain't a real 4x4 system (it's an AWD to note) but it'll get you out of some sticky situations.

Plus, it's worth every penny than spending 100K+ on some petty and useless accessories and burloloy.

PM Lui (a poster here also) or text him at 0922 7154642 of Hyundai Abad Santos. Highly recommended for a very smooth transaction. Their branch also their in Abad Santos is very competent also, the paint job that they did was excellent!

bigbigcar.com Review: Nissan Frontier Navara 4x4 LE MT

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you can wait, the 2010 SF with six-speed transmission / 212hp (still at 2.2L) is set to be released Q2-Q3 of this year.

I'd go for 4x4 (dual airbags) just for kicks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hi mazda

thanks a lot

hi horsepower:

thanks for the great info. wow, Q2 or Q3 is not far and I can surely wait if sure they will launch it within the said period.

do you know if they are going to change the interior or exterior of the current line? what about price point. will they be the same as current pricing.

thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sorry nag double post - so i am deleting it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Santa Fe CRDI 4x2  or 4x4