New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    had the 4X4 awd. Peace of mind in terms of driving control. Downside, it guzzles a lot of fuel. It's still a jack of all trades kasi even if it's a 4X4, it's chassis isn't. It isn't a ladder-on-frame. It's basically a 4X4 soft roader. The reason why I chose the 4X4 is because it's a 4Wd and not a front wheel drive. I'd prefer front wheel drive to just be on cars and not on suvs kasi it'll be more prone to wheel spin.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *thecount123

Stiff parking?? You mean steep parking... Well I have tried yung parking sa Shangri-La Plaza mall medyo steep no problems for Santa Fe 4X2. The Santa Fe 4X2 is a Front Wheel drive car.
    sir tidus.,.,.,ask ko lang if you have also tried your SF in the MOA parking with wet tires? steep din kasi dun and theres one time that coming from a full stop,,,umiyak talaga muna ung front wheels ng SF ko before siya umakyat,.,.,.i was afraid that time akala ko kasi hindi makakaakyat dahil sa sobra dulas,.,.,.,but i think it was normal lang kasi marami naman nagkakaganun doon eh,.,.,.,

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No di ko pa nadadala yung SF ko sa MOA parking. Pero I know what you are talking about I mean nakadala na ako dun ng Accord so I am sure kaya din yun ng Santa Fe...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No di ko pa nadadala yung SF ko sa MOA parking. Pero I know what you are talking about I mean nakadala na ako dun ng Accord so I am sure kaya din yun ng Santa Fe...
    yup sir.,.,.yakang yaka naman ng mga SF natin yun,its just unavoidable lang kasi na pag minsan madulas yung surface kaya kumakamot,.,.,but otherways bali wala sa SF natin yung mga ganun na steepnes

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by thecount123 View Post
    thanks to all for the great feedbacks. appreciate it alot. i am so excited in waiting for the new engine. hope we can get words from hyundai manila dealers on when it will be launch etc.. the waiting is killing me!

a. for those 4 x 2 owners of santa fe- have you expeirence going up a stiff parking during rainy days. does the car slide or not?
    There is some torque steer sometimes, especially when the turbo has fully kicked in at around 3K RPM.

Replacing the OEM Kumho tires with something stickier is a must upgrade IMO.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    There is some torque steer sometimes, especially when the turbo has fully kicked in at around 3K RPM.

Replacing the OEM Kumho tires with something stickier is a must upgrade IMO.
    +1.

m2 is correct.

on my uncles GS with kumho as OEM tire, it always skids and slides.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    +1.

m2 is correct.

on my uncles GS with kumho as OEM tire, it always skids and slides.
    My ride has stock Hankoook tires. I haven't experience tire slip maybe because I have 4x4 lock

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When I was trying and testing out the torque of my Santa Fe (of course I was alone, if my parents were there or my GF was there I will get the nagging of my life) napaiyak ko yung gulong. I guess the torque is just too much for the tire but that was almost pedal to the metal maybe 80% depressed. Pero di ko na rin papalitan yung gulong, I was just merely trying to test the limits of the torque of the Santa Fe, but I don't think we need to use that much torque anyway especially in city driving...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    tidus123 - yup steep parking ( not stiff neck stiff) hehe

to those who have santa fe crdi/diesel 4 x 4 - What's your mileage in city driving. Thanks in advance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Santa Fe CRDI 4x2  or 4x4