New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Indeed 200 is okay for a civilian car however more speed and more power doesn't hurt I guess.

allan, i have not checked but i think drive by wire ata ang SF e.
    sir pasensya na sa question ko.,.,.how does a drive by wire work? is this by means of sensor nga ba? pwede rin pala maging cause ng delays sa response ng sf natin ito incase magkaroon siya ng problem.,.,.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Alam ko yang drive-by-wire is a fuel saving device. Kung baga it helps you avoid those jackrabbit accelerations which waste a lot of gas or diesel as the case may be. Pero sa Pilipinas nga nakakainis since its a hindrance to our siksikan culture

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Alam ko yang drive-by-wire is a fuel saving device. Kung baga it helps you avoid those jackrabbit accelerations which waste a lot of gas or diesel as the case may be. Pero sa Pilipinas nga nakakainis since its a hindrance to our siksikan culture
    hehehe i agree,specially in manila areas,.,.,.its really a hindrance if your ride is not that responsive.,.,.but in favor to our SF i have nothing against it when it comes to torque kayang kaya niya makipagsabayan

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Di lang makipagsabayan unahan pa sa next stop light Especially vs mga gas engines dami nga mga ricer 1.6 litros na maangas gustong unahan ka sa next stop light pero panis sila sa 0-60 sa tindi ng torque ng ating Santa Fe. Wile their torquless gas engines have to rev higher so they also burn more gas than us just to prove their point samantala tayo easy going at 2500 RPM

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if only 4x2 and 4x4 is the same rather than the drivetrain of course, i would choose the 4x4 cause its 4x4 is not really a "4x4" if it was montero sport i would opt for the 4x4 (if ever there will be a 4x2) like they said, for extra safety, the airbags are good. plus other options like auto climate control (correct me if i am wrong)

that new sf is defenitely worth the wait. this proves that koreans almost beat the japanese technology, they only need time to prove that their engines are relliable like the japanese engines.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Auto climate control is only available for the V6 gas version even the 4X4 CRDi is manually operated...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks to all for the great feedbacks. appreciate it alot. i am so excited in waiting for the new engine. hope we can get words from hyundai manila dealers on when it will be launch etc.. the waiting is killing me!

a. for those 4 x 2 owners of santa fe- have you expeirence going up a stiff parking during rainy days. does the car slide or not?

b. btw, is the 4 x 2 front wheel or rear wheel drive

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *thecount123

Stiff parking?? You mean steep parking... Well I have tried yung parking sa Shangri-La Plaza mall medyo steep no problems for Santa Fe 4X2. The Santa Fe 4X2 is a Front Wheel drive car.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by allanctan View Post
    Yun nga po... tama kau. pwede kaya pa-adjust yun?
    not adjust but slap a bigger turbo. bigger turbo means more pressure. more pressure means more power.

with a 2.2L to develop a 200+ horsepower, the only way to this is to slap a bigger turbo and change the ecu that will compensate the extra boost.

very doable.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *thecount123

Stiff parking?? You mean steep parking... Well I have tried yung parking sa Shangri-La Plaza mall medyo steep no problems for Santa Fe 4X2. The Santa Fe 4X2 is a Front Wheel drive car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Santa Fe CRDI 4x2  or 4x4