New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    satisfied owner of a 4wd crdi here. mostly city driving din naman kami but we go to the beach a lot. in fact the santa fe is not a real 4x4, softroader lang talaga siya so the worse it will see is the beach and maybe some muddy farm road in zambales or pangasinan.. but it is great to know you have it. i've had one occasion where i used it already but it was just to go over a high gutter (di kinaya sa 4x2 so had to turn on 4wd). yung 4wd is on demand, there is a 4wd lock switch but this will automatically disengage at 50 kph (not 40 as said in earlier post).

why 4wd instead of 4x2. 'la lang. i could have bought a 4x4 emblem and stuck it on a 4x2 and it would have been much cheaper but since the wife asked what i wanted sabi ko 4wd e sabi nya ok, e di 4wd hehehe! but seriously, it's the second airbag on the passenger side. anything that will help the one who sits on my right side to survive is priceless to me.

cons, mas mabigat so lower fc. but the weight difference is not much (heavier by 91 kg ) so you won't notice it. but it may make a difference of maybe 0.xkm/liter. it is also costlier by P115k (1.653M for the 4wd and 1.538M for the 4x2).

pros, 2 airbags and of course the 4wd function. all other features are the same. i think the aircon is now the same for both models pero yung earlier model yata is auto climate control for the 4wd.

hyundai balintawak ko kinuha. it was our 2nd purchase there (07 starex grx yung una) so may special treatment sa return customer hehehe! they gave me free service (labor, mineral oil and oil filter) for the 1k, 5k, 10k and 15k PMS over the normal freebies. very satisfied naman ako with their after sales service. in fact 2x ko na binalik yung starex ko for painting of some rust (na kasalanan ko ha, kasi yung plate number cover kumakaskas dun sa tailgate) e no questions asked.

don't forget to ask for your free P5k fuel voucher pag bili mo ng santa fe. up to march 31 pa yata yung promo ng hari.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If you can wait, the 2010 SF with six-speed transmission / 212hp (still at 2.2L) is set to be released Q2-Q3 of this year.

I'd go for 4x4 (dual airbags) just for kicks.
    ser Horsepower, Phil. launch na ba yan? kelan ang world launch nya?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If you can wait, the 2010 SF with six-speed transmission / 212hp (still at 2.2L) is set to be released Q2-Q3 of this year.

I'd go for 4x4 (dual airbags) just for kicks.
    Is it a totally new Santa Fe or just a facelift?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *sirCount
    It all boils down to what's important to you. In my case, the additional safety that an extra airbag could give is of paramount importance. Also, share kami ni misis sa car plan...at dahil nagbabayad rin sya, kailangan daw na may airbag din sya! Hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Is it a totally new Santa Fe or just a facelift?
    New Engine (Hyundai R-Engine) which the 2010 KIA Sorento will also get.

No idea about the aesthetics but I guess, maybe a little.

Driving the SF to speeds, I've always felt that it's demanding for a sixth gear. Imagine, 200kmh * 3500rpm (give or take a little), so for the same rpm, imagine a sixth gear. :D

Now, not only did they add a sixth gear, they also upped the power. :D

parakito_JDM: no idea sir, I guess Q2 and we'll get it here either Q3 or Q4. With the 2007 Santa Fe (the current SF II model), we got it here in the Phils around Q2 of 2006.

Hopefully, same or better FC though.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *Horsepower

Thanks for the response. A 6th gear is always welcome but isn't 200kph already fast enough for a civilian car?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    *Horsepower

Thanks for the response. A 6th gear is always welcome but isn't 200kph already fast enough for a civilian car?
    Oo nga po. Maybe they should focus more in making the engine more responsive at lower speeds to behave like gasoline engines. Kasi pansin ko lang mahirap isingit yung Santa Fe (aside sa malaki), kasi pag-apak mo meron pa few milliseconds bago sya humatak, unlike sa gasoline car, pag-apak hataw agad.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ganun ba? Sakin hindi naman. Lakas nga ng torque ng Santa Fe eh unlike yung gas walang ka torque torque on low revs. Pero yung nga it has something to do with the gas pedal, hindi sensitive yung gas pedal ng Santa Fe lets say compare to my other daily cars yung Civic and Accord. In other words kailangan mas malakas ang apak (unlike sa Civic tap lang may response na) pero wag din sobrang lakas kasi baka lumipad ka sa upuan mo pag sumipa yung turbo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ganun ba? Sakin hindi naman. Lakas nga ng torque ng Santa Fe eh unlike yung gas walang ka torque torque on low revs. Pero yung nga it has something to do with the gas pedal, hindi sensitive yung gas pedal ng Santa Fe lets say compare to my other daily cars yung Civic and Accord. In other words kailangan mas malakas ang apak (unlike sa Civic tap lang may response na) pero wag din sobrang lakas kasi baka lumipad ka sa upuan mo pag sumipa yung turbo
    Yun nga po... tama kau. pwede kaya pa-adjust yun?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Indeed 200 is okay for a civilian car however more speed and more power doesn't hurt I guess.

allan, i have not checked but i think drive by wire ata ang SF e.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Santa Fe CRDI 4x2  or 4x4