New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 767 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Looking at the rear, the Tucson does strikingly look similar to a Cayenne.

But someone, mentioned in this thread or another one that the ground clearance does not differ much from that of a car. If this is so, then it is so disppointing, as the Tucson might be easily immobilized by the floods that the Philippines has in abundance.
    Hmmm,

I read the thread too. Comparing the Tucson to our gen 2 CRV and our neighbor's Rav4, the Tucson has a higher ground clearance. One of the reasons why I chose a compact SUV over a car was the higher ground clearance to let me ford through "not so deep" floods. I only did visual comparisons, no actual measurements made.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Looking at the rear, the Tucson does strikingly look similar to a Cayenne.

But someone, mentioned in this thread or another one that the ground clearance does not differ much from that of a car. If this is so, then it is so disppointing, as the Tucson might be easily immobilized by the floods that the Philippines has in abundance.
    I saw it side by side a 1st gen CRV & Escape sa Ortigas Ave.,. it's as tall as Escape and wider than the CRV. . and being a former CRV owner myself, mas spacious sya tignan from the outside talaga.

and regarding floods hehehe, hindi naman pangbaha ang gasoline compact SUV. ako nga makita ko lang lampas sa gutter ang baha, hindi ko na tinutuloy ang CRV ko noon, kahit na alam ko na kaya. but having a diesel Tucson, puwede siguro pangsabak sa baha ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks thanks for the replies and for helping me do the math for the fuel consumption.. will do this when I refuel.
    While I was planning to get the Tucson, I heard a lot of comments from friends, mostly negative that's why I turned to the internet and luckily I found tsikot. Probably it was a sign when GaryQ answered and directed me to a dealer he knows after that tuloy tuloy na. My friends who made a lot of negative comments about it are now thinking of getting one. Imagine they wanted me to shift to either the innova or crv... someone even suggested rav 4 but OMG those cars were way too expensive. And I was kinda hard headed... I still pushed for what I wanted and am glad I didn't budge when they tried to make me look the other way.

Tucson club... hmmm... any brave soul who would like to start this up? I think we're gaining ground and based on this thread, looks like everyone is eager to join.

See you when I see you guys...
    When you see a white Tucson (na walang plates as of today) honk, ok! That might be me... will do the same and return the favor. My way of saying "hi! Nice car you got there.... cayenne na cayenne ha!" ;) Hope everyone had a nice valentine's day.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Great! At last great feedbacks from Tucscon owners. Dati kasi dito puro pintas sa itsura etc. At least now firm defense na mga TucTuc owners! I myself am a fan of the Tucson. Saw it first sa Eastwood car display where they gave away one unit of a 4x4 CRDI last Christmas. Sumali pa ako hoping na baka manalo haha. pero wala. Swerte nung nanalo! Anyway, the introduction of the 4x2 variant made me think of buying a Tucson for myself,. Hopefully this year L get myself one, still pulling some more dough. Guys, it would be appreciated if the owners could post feedback on performance and maintenance, since alam natin lahat na before, Korean cars had problems with costly and frequent maintenance. BTW, I'm drooling over a monotone white 4x2 A/T. Have been seeing a lot of Tucsons already on the road, an average of 2 a day, for the past 2 weeks. Implies maganda talaga. But I haven't seen a monotone white Tucson yet. Carolco, post some more pics of your white Tucson! Thanks! Happy driving guys!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sige sige.... We will have a motorcade on Sunday for our sportsfest, will have someone take pix. Buy na... I wish you'll be able to get to that "dough" soon enough.
    Dilang anghel ako ...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glockmeister26
    Hey dude, thanks for the websites, am gonna check them out now. How much did your leather seatcovers cost you?
    I got mine from Roadstar at the Fort. It's at Karport just beside the Benz showroom. Look for Jannine she's the branch manager. I customized a two-tone cover (German leather) to match the interiors. Cost me P 2,800 (orig P 3,500).

Quote Originally Posted by carolco
    Sige sige.... We will have a motorcade on Sunday for our sportsfest, will have someone take pix.
    Would appreciate a pic of your white Tuc. I didn't really like the two-tone white but told my agent that it would look a whole lot better, and elegant, if it were monotone.

Quote Originally Posted by carolco
    While I was planning to get the Tucson, I heard a lot of comments from friends, mostly negative that's why I turned to the internet and luckily I found tsikot. Probably it was a sign when GaryQ answered and directed me to a dealer he knows after that tuloy tuloy na. My friends who made a lot of negative comments about it are now thinking of getting one.
    Same here. Friends were telling me to get an Escape or X-trail but having test driven almost all of them and a month of research, I settled for the Tucson. Besides, I also got to keep the extra P 200K that I would've spent.

Quote Originally Posted by giantjay
    Guys, it would be appreciated if the owners could post feedback on performance and maintenance, since alam natin lahat na before, Korean cars had problems with costly and frequent maintenance.
    I had the same apprehensions prior to getting my Tuc but after doing some research it seems like Hyundai's reliability has come a long way. According to the JD powers report last year, it even ranked higher than Toyota and Honda on some aspects particularly on safety. In the US, they give an amazing 10 year/100,000 mile warranty on the powertrain. I'm sure they wouldn't be giving that kind of warranty if they weren't confident about their vehicles.

TO ALL TUCSON OWNERS:

Check out this Tucson message board - http://p220.ezboard.com/bhyundaisuvforum. Kami lang ata ni giantjay and pinoy dun. You can get a lot of feedback and useful tips especially on maintenance from long time Tucson owners from all over. Matagal na kasi ang Tucon na release sa Europe and US. Just like totoybato who's had his since 2004.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks BryantPark! Am sure Pinoy Tucson owners will keep this link in mind.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I wanted to measure the ground clearance, but I couldn't find our Tape measure. I saw a 1.5 cola bottle and used it as a reference instead.

some of the underchassis wouldn't clear the cola bottle unless you chop about 1/6th of the bottle off =P (The exhaust system and the front undercover-plastic skid plate?)

As for the maintenance costs: For last Friday's first 1k servicing, I spent 2,922 for the engine oil and gear oil (mobil1 semi synthetic). My colleague who also got a black tuc on the other hand spent around 2,400.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bryantpark
    I got mine from Roadstar at the Fort. It's at Karport just beside the Benz showroom. Look for Jannine she's the branch manager. I customized a two-tone cover (German leather) to match the interiors. Cost me P 2,800 (orig P 3,500).
    Thanks bryantpark!

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you send me some pics of how your seatcovers look? I would like to know how they did the rear armrest/cupholder thing.

Thanks again.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    interior pics please

Hyundai Tucson