New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 767 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carolco
    Wow... the balck one is really nice! I got my Tucson last January 31 and had it for 2 weeks na and I'm really really satisfied with it. Got the white one, 2.0 CVVT, had to get the light colored one because it's safer to drive it at night (since I work nights) and also my 3 little dogs scratch the cars when I go down the driveway asking for pasalubong... at least if white, di masyado halata ang scratches. You're right, the beige interior is prone to smudges and dust... am thinking twice nga about removing the plastic lining.

The sound system is really cool... makes driving sweeter and more fun. Sana there's a Tucson club here. so we can join. People mistake it nga for other SUVs (especially RAV 4 but haven't got the Cayenne comment though)but I believe the Tucson is really a stand out.

I wonder if we have the same trip counter because the brochure says you can actually compute for the gas consumption. Hmmmm.....

I love this car... I REALLY LOVE IT!
    Argh! I took off the plastic wraps, save for the one under the glove compartment. Was really partial to getting the bluish green or silver one, but my brother talked me into getting a black one, since we haven't had any black car yet. Yeah - the black color needs more care and attention, scratches and dust easily show. Am going to bring it to Ziebart for a Diamond gloss paint protection as soon as I have enough funds. Am also thinking of getting "leather" seat covers from Seatmate.

Yeah, I wish there'd be a local Tucson club soon, I would surely join.

I think the 4x4 has the trip computer integrated with the digital trip meter which also shows how many more kms you can run before you'd need to fill up again, as is the case with the newer higher end vehicles from other makers. Unfortunately, our 4x2 doesn't have this feature, we only have the digital trip meters. What I do is - Fill the tank up - Full (Sagad), reset the trip meter to "0", drive around for a week or so, or until I have 1/8th tank of fuel left, in which case - I'd go to the same gas station (using the same fuel), top off my tank again to Full level (sagad again), take note of the actual number of liters filled, use this to divide the actual number of kilometers you've ran from your last fuel up. This would give you a more accurate fuel consumption reading. I would then reset the trip meter to "0".

Since I got the tuc last Jan 25, these are the fuel consumption readings that I got:
    8.4kms/liter = Mixed Highway and city drive (Tagaytay weekend, all around Manila)
    9.2kms/liter = Mixed Highway and city drive (Trip to Angeles, daily trips around Manila)
    7.1kms/liter = City driving
    All my trips are done with the a/c "on". I consciously try to shift to a higher gear as soon as possible, but sometimes I forget to keep the rpms below 2k to save fuel. At 2k rpm, and on top gear, I get a speed of 70kms/hr.

BTW: I got the "Cayenne" comments from 3 people already.

Guys if anyone is interested: Tucson, silver monotone, A/T, pre-evat price. Isa lang ito, old stock. 9178554454

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Since I got the tuc last Jan 25, these are the fuel consumption readings that I got:
    8.4kms/liter = Mixed Highway and city drive (Tagaytay weekend, all around Manila)
    9.2kms/liter = Mixed Highway and city drive (Trip to Angeles, daily trips around Manila)
    7.1kms/liter = City driving
    All my trips are done with the a/c "on". I consciously try to shift to a higher gear as soon as possible, but sometimes I forget to keep the rpms below 2k to save fuel. At 2k rpm, and on top gear, I get a speed of 70kms/hr.
    wow it has exactly the same gearing as the 626.
    pero 7.1km/L city is lower. mas mabigat kasi by around 400kg.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe it DOES look like a Cayenne

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm....havent seen one in person yet....but its a looker I reckon based on the pics posted here....

at least kakaiba from the mainstream of CRV and Rav4's

hehehe ganda nga nung black pero medyo high maintenance yan in terms of lines at waxing....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm....havent seen one in person yet....but its a looker I reckon based on the pics posted here....

at least kakaiba from the mainstream of CRV and Rav4's

hehehe ganda nga nung black pero medyo high maintenance yan in terms of linis at waxing....

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    great looking car you got there glockmeister26. the black one really looks way too cool. sadly i didn't have much choice because there were only two units left at the plant, a white two-tone manual and my warm silver auto. i was also trying to beat the price increase. i also like the aqua silver but my officemate beat me to it (see pic on the first page).

i'm on my third week and second full tank. i got 7.2km/L from my first tankfull but that also includes some hours idling while i tinkered with the interiors. i just had my third full tank and computed 8.8 km/L from my 2nd tankfull. i do mostly city driving but i drove to sta. rosa over the weekend.

it's nice to hear about your positive comments on the tuc. i also share the same sentiments with carolco. this car is really fun to drive. the engine is so quiet and the transmission smooth. i had to get a 72 cd case just so i could listen to my cd's on the 6 speaker sound system. i initially thought of getting a subwoofer but now think that it would just be a waste. i'm thinking of gradually dressing up my tuc. i've so far gotten leather seats from roadstar and ring gutters. i also stumbled upon two korean sites selling accessories - www.dreamka4u.com and www.kspec.com. you guys might want to check it out. i've so far inquired about shipping and handling and might order some stuff depending on their response.

incidentally, i also got the same "cayenne" comment from two friends. some of my officemates test drove it and two of them are getting a tucson.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hey dude, thanks for the websites, am gonna check them out now. How much did your leather seatcovers cost you?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Finally i am hearing "nice" comments about the Tucson from other posters here hehehe. Ako siguro ang pinakamatagal nang owner ng tucson dito sa tsikot since i got mine in september 2004 as a gift for myself. I bought mine in korea where i was stationed for several years at nai uwi ko lang ito late last year. I got the bluish green color or teal blue to be exact. Noon pa lang, mukhang cayenne nga lalo na sa rear view ang tingin ko din sa tucson but i kept to myself my observation dahil na din sa mga nabasa kong comment dito nung una na karamihan ay hindi maganda sa pandinig ng mga tucson owners like me. Except for the side curtain airbag and 6 disc cd changer, lahat ng options na available sa korean version ay naipalagay ko , kaya may mga options na hindi naman kailangan dito tulad ng seat heater na meron din ako. Ewan ko lang kung may bullbar na available na dito, yung sa akin kasi ay napakabitan ko sa kasa ng body colored na bull bar at backing mirror. sa korea nga pala ay mas mura ng kaunti ang monotone kesa dun sa two tone . O paano, baka may gusto diyang magpasimula na bumuo ng tucson club owners para magkakitaan na tayo ng mga sasakyan natin na ang daming namimintas nung una ha! ha! ha! Yung nga pala sa akin ay yung MXL na model
    Last edited by totoybato; February 14th, 2006 at 09:40 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Looking at the rear, the Tucson does strikingly look similar to a Cayenne.

But someone, mentioned in this thread or another one that the ground clearance does not differ much from that of a car. If this is so, then it is so disppointing, as the Tucson might be easily immobilized by the floods that the Philippines has in abundance.

Hyundai Tucson