New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    write a demand letter, after if no action was done ask a lawyer to do legwork for you with additional demands for damages etc.
    i always do this instead of verbal complaints this is much better at least everything is documented

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    write a demand letter, after if no action was done ask a lawyer to do legwork for you with additional demands for damages etc.
    i always do this instead of verbal complaints this is much better at least everything is documented
    my lawyer personally hard carried the letter already so wala na reason na hindi nila natanggap..lets wait for their response..

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu194 View Post
    my lawyer personally hard carried the letter already so wala na reason na hindi nila natanggap..lets wait for their response..
    thats a nice move! keep us posted bro. its about time the Koreans learn their lesson. they are not selling hot cakes or hotdogs. we are talking about MILLIONS of pesos and the consumer deserves product with equal quality if they can't provide minimum quality of customer service.

always remember... ANXIETY is priceless. your lawyer knows that.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

So, the CRDi engine in the GS may be a big issue?...

7909:taunt:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    OT: I like your signature CVT. Government is the problem! Especially these days with their constant interference, they only cause problems long term for their short minded interests...

But para hindi OT, back to topic. I think this isolated case can;t be used to question the CRDi overall reliability. It has been many years pero wala naman massive complaints unlike that from a popular brand...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Thanks bro,- that is from the late "Dutch",- Pres. Reagan.....

Anyway, the CRDi engine in the GS may have a different layout than that of the earlier Gen3 model. So, it could be a possible reason for the fallout on these 2 cases (1 unconfirmed though). I am currently an owner of a 2005 TCI AT Gen3, and am eyeing the CRDi GS end of the year. This is the reason why I am interested to dig deeper into this issue....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Having a block go south due to oil starvation isn't due to the CRDi technology.

Oil starvation may come about in a number of ways:

1. Blocked oil passages
    2. Blocked/defective oil pump
    3. An oil leak, leading to insufficient oil in the sump (which is quite possible, if the mechanic doing the oil change did not correctly tighten the oil filter or fittings, or if the oil lines to the turbo were clogged... but the turbo would go out first).
    4. Constant high-revving in hot conditions
    5. Oil blow-by at the piston-rings, causing loss of oil (though you would notice the black smoke way before you could lose that much oil).

Possibly an isolated incident, but still, there is nothing you could have done in a Starex to have caused starvation yourself (unless you drove it for half-a-day on the Subic Raceway... ), so the casa should cover it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Anyway, the CRDi engine in the GS may have a different layout than that of the earlier Gen3 model. So, it could be a possible reason for the fallout on these 2 cases (1 unconfirmed though). I am currently an owner of a 2005 TCI AT Gen3, and am eyeing the CRDi GS end of the year. This is the reason why I am interested to dig deeper into this issue....

same here Sir.

my wife and I are now in the process of deciding where to get our new Grand Starex (PitStop or HARI).

however... if this kind of case is rampant, hhmm baka ibang van na lang kunin namin.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mrv_g17 View Post
    thats a nice move! keep us posted bro. its about time the Koreans learn their lesson. they are not selling hot cakes or hotdogs. we are talking about MILLIONS of pesos and the consumer deserves product with equal quality if they can't provide minimum quality of customer service.

always remember... ANXIETY is priceless. your lawyer knows that.
    should we be blaming the Koreans? or the philipino dealers? i wouldnt have a clue as to how the koreans would react to this situation. but i do know that they are very proud of their products.. from what ive heard from frends who have been to south korean. most of the cars running there are korean made.would that show they are proud of their products?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mrv_g17 View Post
    same here Sir.

my wife and I are now in the process of deciding where to get our new Grand Starex (PitStop or HARI).

however... if this kind of case is rampant, hhmm baka ibang van na lang kunin namin.
    here's an update..i got the GS back just this afternoon...i still have to observe it closely though because they DID NOT change the ENTIRE engine... its a bit disappointing to have my demand ignored by the DEALER regarding that matter however, they addressed naman my other issues/complaints like the static discharge (still under observation) and they replaced the front rotor discs and pads...regarding your plan to buy a GS, i personally would NOT recommend the dealer BASED on my experience..right now i heared that PITSTOP is also offering a 5yr warranty o their units same as HARI...had they offered it earlier baka hindi ako nagkaproblema...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
grand starex's crankcase blew up!