New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    should we be blaming the Koreans? or the philipino dealers? i wouldnt have a clue as to how the koreans would react to this situation. but i do know that they are very proud of their products.. from what ive heard from frends who have been to south korean. most of the cars running there are korean made.would that show they are proud of their products?
    there is no question of the koreans being proud of their cars. its the same in Japan that everyone drives japanese made cars.

my only point is for HYUNDAI to see to it that all of their customers are given the right attention when there is a problem on newly purchased vehicle... from their HQ down to the distributing country.

of course, this kind of case has to be blamed to the "FILIPINO" (not philipino) dealer... and HYUNDAI HQ should hammer those people for sleeping on their responsibilities to the end users.

just my 2 cents dude. no offense.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu194 View Post
    here's an update..i got the GS back just this afternoon...i still have to observe it closely though because they DID NOT change the ENTIRE engine... its a bit disappointing to have my demand ignored by the DEALER regarding that matter however, they addressed naman my other issues/complaints like the static discharge (still under observation) and they replaced the front rotor discs and pads...regarding your plan to buy a GS, i personally would NOT recommend the dealer BASED on my experience..right now i heared that PITSTOP is also offering a 5yr warranty o their units same as HARI...had they offered it earlier baka hindi ako nagkaproblema...
    good to know that you have the unit back.

have they given you the full report on the cause of the problem?

post mo dito sir para ma-inform mo kami

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nosferatu194 View Post
    here's an update..i got the GS back just this afternoon...i still have to observe it closely though because they DID NOT change the ENTIRE engine... its a bit disappointing to have my demand ignored by the DEALER regarding that matter however, they addressed naman my other issues/complaints like the static discharge (still under observation) and they replaced the front rotor discs and pads...regarding your plan to buy a GS, i personally would NOT recommend the dealer BASED on my experience..right now i heared that PITSTOP is also offering a 5yr warranty o their units same as HARI...had they offered it earlier baka hindi ako nagkaproblema...

Hhhmmm,- I am troubled.... Bro.,- the dealer is Manila Bay, right?

8000:borg1:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hhhmmm,- I am troubled.... Bro.,- the dealer is Manila Bay, right?

8000:borg1:
    yup...Hyundai Manila Bay..im asking for a copy of the full report regarding the cause..i'll keep you guys posted..

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mrv_g17 View Post
    there is no question of the koreans being proud of their cars. its the same in Japan that everyone drives japanese made cars.

my only point is for HYUNDAI to see to it that all of their customers are given the right attention when there is a problem on newly purchased vehicle... from their HQ down to the distributing country.

of course, this kind of case has to be blamed to the "FILIPINO" (not philipino) dealer... and HYUNDAI HQ should hammer those people for sleeping on their responsibilities to the end users.

just my 2 cents dude. no offense.
    im not offended.... guess im not so good at spelling. il admit to that.

the point i was trying to make was what if hyundai global did tell hyundai phililppines to replace the engine, but the "FILIPINO" dealer didnt want to spend that money cause it would cut into their profits? what then?

anyways goodluck sir nosferatu on your GS.. hope it will last a long time..
    Last edited by cocoy; May 20th, 2009 at 12:31 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I am glad TS got his unit back. Though I could understand his aprehension re the repair made. But I could also step in the dealer's shoes and I think the steps done are reasonable too.

the point i was trying to make was what if hyundai global did tell hyundai phililppines to replace the engine, but the "FILIPINO" dealer didnt want to spend that money cause it would cut into their profits? what then?
    From what I know of warranty claims, the dealer will not shoulder a cent. Even their labor fee will be shouldered by HARI. Ang "planta" pa rin ang may last say with all things warranty related. kaya nga minsan mahirap ang posisyon ng dealer kasi sila humaharap sa customer and yet wala naman silang influence sa desisyon ng planta.

Siguro ang pagkukulang na lang ng dealer dito sa case na ito ay ang pakikipausap at pagpapaliwang ng maayos sa customer. I am sure kahit sa ibang dealer nakuha yan, ganun pa din ang repair na mangyayari. Baka nabawasan na lang sama ng loob ni TS kung maganda pakikiharap at pagpapaliwanag sa kaniya.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    i guess you are right bout that.. but it could also be that the diagnosis of the Kasa was such that that Hyundai itself didnt think a whole engine replacement was needed.. but thats another story.. once again gudluck to ur GS sir.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Welcome to the CLUB nosferatu194....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The aprehension about the engine repair is understandable. However, from a business point of view, it's also a waste to do something that's not necessary.

You might want to consider selling your GS and buy from another dealer/brand.

You'd lose some money but peace of mind is priceless.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    huh, a brand new car and u didn't get an engine replacement?

this is totally unacceptable for me...

so is HARI and local dealers mostly like this?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
grand starex's crankcase blew up!