New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 808 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 8071
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Actually, the tire pressure indicated at the tire sidewall is the maximum pressure it can hold, but at the Starex' owner's manual, it's only 40 psi that is recommended for the Starex. Delikado ang above 40 psi kasi Starex used to carry heavy loads. 35- 40 psi is just right.
    your lucky to have a new Grand Starex, well, you can visit us at:
    http://hyundaiclubph.proboards25.com
    and be a member as well...
    here you can learn so many things about Starex. See yah!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dandang View Post
    Good day everyone newbie here. I just got my grand starex 08 and I was looking at the sidewall of the tires and the recommended tire pressure is 55psi cold. Whoa? Is that for real? its a hanhook tire size 16". So I just set the tire pressure to 49psi. Its like the tire would be so hard if its 55. I will be going to baguio fully loaded.

So what do you think about it guys? Did I set the pressure right?
    First of all, congratulations on your new ride! It's nice to know that there are more Grand Starex owners in this forum.

The 55psi is the maximum pressure for the Hankook RA08 tire. The recommended tire pressure is 42psi for the front tires, and 47psi (up to 3 pax) and 51psi (full load) for the rear tires. This should be fine, the Hankook RA08 load index is rated 106/108T, which is good for up to 1000kg per tire. Going up to Baguio should be a breeze, especially if you have the CRDi engine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mga Bro ma kwento ko lang, expereince ng friend ko who just bought the grand starex Gen 2 just last January 2008. Syempre noong una ok na ok since etong friend ko kase nag wowork abroad and every other month na uwi. Yun lang ang time na nagagamit ang H1 nila. So last March lang they decide to go up Baguio. Noong una pa lang nagrereklamo na ang mga tao sa tollgate kase na gaground daw sila every time nahawak sa H1. So noong una palang sinabi na nila sa Hyundai Alabang ang incident. But since Hyundai alabang ignored it. So umakyat na sila sa Baguio and ganun pa din ang nangyayari everytime nag stop sila sa tollgate. Now they brought the H1 to Hyundai Alabang and they tried to fix it 3 weeks sa kanila without any replace service and ang ginawa lang is naglagay daw ng cable para ma divert ang grounding. Ngayon ang tanong is .. hindi ba dapat factory defect to since 3 month pa lang nagagamit and to think na alis pa ung may ari.

Please let me know what are your experience sa inyong H1. Kase honestly want ko H1 kaso if this is the case mukhang aayaw na lng ako.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ That is weird bro. Nasa-shock (ground) ba kamo ang taong napapahawak sa body ng Grand Starex?

Saan kaya nagbi-build up ang static electricity nito? 'Shocking' at delikado ito....

5808:bee:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rnagpala View Post
    Mga Bro ma kwento ko lang, expereince ng friend ko who just bought the grand starex Gen 2 just last January 2008. Syempre noong una ok na ok since etong friend ko kase nag wowork abroad and every other month na uwi. Yun lang ang time na nagagamit ang H1 nila. So last March lang they decide to go up Baguio. Noong una pa lang nagrereklamo na ang mga tao sa tollgate kase na gaground daw sila every time nahawak sa H1. So noong una palang sinabi na nila sa Hyundai Alabang ang incident. But since Hyundai alabang ignored it. So umakyat na sila sa Baguio and ganun pa din ang nangyayari everytime nag stop sila sa tollgate. Now they brought the H1 to Hyundai Alabang and they tried to fix it 3 weeks sa kanila without any replace service and ang ginawa lang is naglagay daw ng cable para ma divert ang grounding. Ngayon ang tanong is .. hindi ba dapat factory defect to since 3 month pa lang nagagamit and to think na alis pa ung may ari.

Please let me know what are your experience sa inyong H1. Kase honestly want ko H1 kaso if this is the case mukhang aayaw na lng ako.

Thanks
    1. Why do tollgate people need to touch the H1? diba exchange of money/tickets lang ito??

2. Yung owner ba mismo na-experience nya ma-shock?

3. How would HARI make a ground cable when the whole body of the car is the ground (just like any other car)?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    May I know your opinions

I have a story about H1. My friend ako na bumuli ng H1 just last January sa Hyundai Alabang. After 3 days ibinalik nila sa H-Alabang due to the complain of tollgate personnel na nagaground (kuryente) daw sila sa auto ng friend ko. But the H-Alabang ignored the complain. Since OFW ung friend ko, hindi na niya na follow up . He worked abroad and back sa Pinas ng March. In short hindi masyado nagamit ang H1. Last March they went to Baguio using syempre si H1 all Tollgate employee again are complaining dahil nga daw sa ground. So noong bumaba sila from Baguio he decided again to bring it sa Hyundai Alabang. Since OFW ung friend ko, umalis ulit siya and now its almost 3 weeks na sa Labang till noiw di pa din nila ibinabalik. Instead nilagyan nila ng cable para daw ma divert ang kuryente.

Question and comments:

Hindi ba dapat product replacement ang mga ganito. But Hyundai refuse to do this. Masyado ng abala ang ginawa ng Hyundai sa 3 weeks thinking continous ang payment. Now myu friend would like to bring it na sa court for complain.

Mga bro what can you say.... Sorry for HYUNDAI but what we want here is answers and costumer satisfaction...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    1. Why do tollgate people need to touch the H1? diba exchange of money/tickets lang ito??

2. Yung owner ba mismo na-experience nya ma-shock?

3. How would HARI make a ground cable when the whole body of the car is the ground (just like any other car)?
    Here are answers to your questions:

1. The static electricity is transferred to the toll booth/parking attendant from the driver of the H1/Grand Starex. Can't confirm yet if the passengers experience this when alighting but it's possible.
    2. I have experienced this at least once. The parking attendant lady was cringing because she was afraid to give me back the change lest she get shocked again.
    3. I find this a bit absurd, so I'm wondering if it works.

My main suspect is the free floor matting. Its fibers are similar to those of carpet tiles (well, not exactly), so rubbing on the matt while driving/shifting gears leads to build-up of static electricity. This goes for both automatic and manual transmission Grand Starexes.

Nobody else who owns a Gen 1-3 Starex has complained of this, at least in this forum or in the Hyundai Auto Club PH forum. Most likely it's because the free matting is vinyl/plastic. So I think it is isolated to the Grand Starex/H1.

I am planning to replace the driver side matting in the near future but still can't find a good fit with the commercially sold mats. The cut is longer and narrower than most other cars/vehicles.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the explanation fair enough. But as I know from the story. Even Hyundai Alabang ask to do some procedures. Na bago daw humawak sa tollgate or so what ever is hold the keys first, for a reason to release the static electricity. So they did it pero ganun pa din my ground pa din. Another is if iam not mistaken carpets will only generate static electricity if you bare footed or in socks. But not if youre wearing shoes. I remembered also the reason kung bakit nahawakan ng nasa tollgate ang body was newly tinted ang car nila so they need to open the door para ma abot ang bayad.

And yes even yun driver ang nakukuryente from his own car.

As for how to place a grounding cable? sabi they place it somwehere at the fender side daw (no idea where)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    grand starex owner din po ako and im experiencing same static problem
    too sa mga tollgates ng expressway. ano po ba magandang solution para
    dito?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Baka may free wakeup call ang mga starex kapag nasa toll na.. hehehe.. para safe trip daw kayo...

Seriously, when I was at winterpine, one of the personnel told me about the static problem, a dealer tries to blame them due to the installation of the radio. don't know if this is confirm...

2008 Hyundai Starex (Gen. 4)