New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    just sharing... lastest from autoindustriya.com news...

In its debut year, Honda’s 2.2 i-CTDi diesel engine has won the 2.0-2.5 liter category of the International Engine of the Year Awards, an event commonly referred to as the ‘Engine Oscars’. Meanwhile, the 1.0 liter Insight IMA engine has scooped another win in the sub 1.0 litre category. This is the 10th award for the 1.0 liter Insight IMA engine, making the Honda hybrid the most successful engine in the seven year history of the International Engine of the Year Awards.

For the first time the 2.2 i-CTDi diesel engine (found in the Accord, CR-V and soon the FR-V) has won its category. Honda’s first ever home-grown diesel is recognised as being one of the most all round fuel efficient and silent engines of its type on the market today. “Power, economy, sound – everything puts this diesel at the top of four-cylinder engines” are the words that the International Jury used in describing this engine.

Honda is again recognised as being amongst the best engine manufacturers, winning one in four possible awards in the seven year history of this annual ceremony. The judges are made up of 56 leading motoring journalists from 26 different countries. Engines are awarded points based on their characteristics of fuel economy, noise, smoothness, performance and driveability.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dapat maconvince muna ng mga manufacturers and politicians ang fuel suppliers natin para ma-appreciate namin natin dito sa pinas ang mga CRDi's na yan.

wala pang diesel ang escape pero ang focus meron na.. 2.0 Turbo ata..hehehe

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    well in my view and from wat ive heard

pag nilinis ang diesel fuel natin d2 sa pinas parang gasoline narin ang price nya

correct me if im wrong

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    cguro the reason is that we have a low quality diesel fuel here.. and madaling masira ang engine.. opinion lang po..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kailan ba naglabas ng diesel honda dito? gusto nila prestigous sila. tagal naging successful yun revo, adventure, crosswind AUV diesel pero ayaw pa din nila makisali sa Market Share. They're trying to make the honda models here somewhat luxurious pagdating sa riding comfort.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    A poster at another thread (can't recall...) quoted an petroleum company employee as saying Euro 4 compliant diesel will cost more than gasoline. Maybe petroleum companies should try selling 2 or more grades of diesel like they do with gasoline and see what how consumers will react. Then, well... MAYBE, car companies MIGHT bring more diesel engined vehicles.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    i agree.
    maybe its got something to do with the diesel fuel available in the Philippines
    baka magka engine problem tapos mapahiya sila.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    [QUOTE=odell]i think it would sell.. sa taas ng gas ngayon.. QUOTE]

Bakit yung diesel, hindi rin ba mataas? Dito sa atin halos pareho na ang presyo ng gas n diesel fuels.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Maybe they think Filipinos are richer than Europeans, We can afford to buy more gas than diesel. hehehehe...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Nope, their market research shows that the filipinos are a Pro-US society thus diesel cars and SUV's are only a small portion of what filipinos want. We tend to emulate what the US does so it menas we are more of the Gas oriented people rather than the european kind which favors more on diesel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wondering Why there is no Honda CRV Diesel Variant here in the Philippines..