New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    What do you mean? Pardon my ignorance :twak2: :grin:
    I'm also ignorant. Yan ang sabi sa akin ng sales person ng BMW Phil. ;)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I've heard local car 'makers' usually cite quality of our diesel fuels for not offering diesel engine...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    From what I read somewhere,the 2.2 engine use in the diesel variants of both the CRV and Accord was the first foray of Honda into the world of diesel engines. The engine was designed by the same honda team who came up with the VTEC gas engine. The diesel CRV has already garnered some good reviews in the UK. I am not sure though but I think it has been available in the european market for a year already. Kung bakit hindi ilabas dito? Siguro meron usapang talaga o pakakasundo na ganoong mga modelo lang ang ilalabas nila dito para mapag-ingatang ang kanya-kanyang market segment. Who knows? one can never tell,baka maglabas din sila balang araw dito!! How I wish!!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sana nga para mas maraming choices, lalo na tumaas lalo ang price ng gasoline ngayon...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given the quality of diesel we have, will the diesel versions of the CRV, etc run well without need of frequent servicing?

Will the maintenance cost of newer CRDi engines offset the price difference between petrol and diesel? Ex. Innova's CRDi eats up 7li of motor oil compared to around 4-5 li for the VVti

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I think ang big reason ng Japanese car manufacturers dito kaya ayaw ilabas yung CRDI engined mini SUVS cause mahal daw at masasapwan ang gas variants.Pag commercial vehicle lang daw in short ang CRDi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The diesel engine was developed in and for European consumption only. It is not sold in other markets.

Unlike the BMW diesels which are designed for worldwide use. Though medyo hirap nga sa dirty diesel natin.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kung common rail diesel ipapasok nila then good but if they are planning to put slow ass old diesels wag na lang!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    just to add a bit din to otep's post...

yeah, not even the new diesel 5-series ng bmw is exempt from the dirty diesel. i was following one last saturday sa mckinley, bubuga siya ng smoke when shifting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wondering Why there is no Honda CRV Diesel Variant here in the Philippines..