New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    After seeing some european car magazines, just wondering and wandering why there is no diesel variant of the Honda CRV here in our Country...
    Motion Cars might say that its design is bland but I still find it OK and very much to my liking...

Probably guys from our local Honda dealers can help enlighten me on this...

The diesel version of the X-trail isn't available here also... mmm...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sorry for my ignorance, there is also a diesel version for x-trail? How come they are not bringing these variants here? I am sure that plenty of people will really be lining up for them... Like the Kia Sorento, there are more who are lining up for the diesel (deluxe version) than the top of the line V6 gas .... mmm again...

sorry for my ignorance, there is also a diesel version for x-trail?
    Yup its available in the UK and Australia... maybe the local dealers don't think that it would sell here... just a hunch

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think it would sell.. sa taas ng gas ngayon.. bakit nga ba hinde dinala dito?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    may diesel rav4
    diesel crv
    diesel xtrail

ewan ko may diesel escape ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Common explanation for the lack of diesel variants would be the quality of diesel which is by law mandated to be equivalent to EURO I. As for Honda if I recall correctly they handle all the petrol engines while Isuzu handles all the diesel engines. They'd eat each other's market if they sold directly competing vehicles.

BMW has a very good 2L diesel engine for the 1 & 3 Series and yet have abstained from bringing them in.

I think the Kia Picanto has a diesel engine as well. At the rate the local Picanto is consuming fuel a diesel variant would be phenomenal to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Common explanation for the lack of diesel variants would be the quality of diesel which is by law mandated to be equivalent to EURO I.
    The BMW X5 has a diesel variant here... mmm...

Kaya perception ng tao dito di gumagawa ng diesel ang Honda.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    BMW 530d is also a diesel but according to BMW Phil these two are detuned to compensate.

these two are detuned to compensate
    What do you mean? Pardon my ignorance

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Wondering Why there is no Honda CRV Diesel Variant here in the Philippines..